Mango

44 minutes ago, MrEUCMan said:

I recently had a very bad experience w/ InMotion wheels (V11). Also back when I bought the V10 (non-F) batch 1, the bearings started to make noise right out of the box, but it never got worse so I kept riding, but the noise is always there. And yes, I did cancel my preorder on the V13 and moved the $ to a Sherman Max, which should arrive this week.

When my other wheels are broken, the Sherman Max is dead reliable. 

1 hour ago, Jon Wall said:

When my other wheels are broken, the Sherman Max is dead reliable. 

That's exactly what I thought as well. Just the other night, my V11 gave me a battery warning while charging. After turning it off a bit, it went back to normal. InMotion is known for little crappy (and some big ones like MOSFETS exploding) issues. All I want for xmas is a wheel that I can depend on, and from all the reviews it feels like the shermax is it.

8 hours ago, MrEUCMan said:

That's exactly what I thought as well. Just the other night, my V11 gave me a battery warning while charging. After turning it off a bit, it went back to normal. InMotion is known for little crappy (and some big ones like MOSFETS exploding) issues. All I want for xmas is a wheel that I can depend on, and from all the reviews it feels like the shermax is it.

For what its worth, I've been riding and abusing my poor little V11 for almost a year now and its still going strong without a single hiccup. Riding in rain and mud, washing with the hose, riding up massive elevation gains, hot weather riding, pushing well past the tiltback, all this and it hasnt given me one issue. To me its an extremely reliable wheel.

• Upvote 2

On 10/12/2022 at 12:21 AM, techyiam said:

Although the CEO did state at the very beginning of the launch video that the V13 is primarily a heavy cruiser, I am still curious as to why the V13 would cutout when landing a jump at speed, given the supposedly high safety margins. 

Having said that though, this video shouldn't have been leaked out because the V13 is still under development, and is not a preproduction demo wheel that were sent out to distributors and dealers. 

This is great. I disagree, It certainly should be released. 

V13 QC Beta Tester premature-rider batch haven't even left the factory and we already got positive qc results. If it scares off first batch pre-orders, then it just means they weren't that serious about being the guinea pigs. Haha

At this rate, by the time the production batch is out, it should be boringly reliable. Lol. 

:roflmao:

• Upvote 1

I don't see any huge red flags when people pushing wheels get cutouts (especially pre-production testing models). On top of that the rider said they were at fault. You cant tell the whole story from watching a video.

Some of the youtubers for wheels are not only getting extremely annoying, their opinions should be taken with a grain of salt.

All of this being said. I wish inmotion would stop overselling and hyping their stuff.. Telling people the goal is a zero cutout experience was asking for trouble. There really is no way to have 100% no cutout experience with EUC's. Trying to hype and give that kind of perfection is just impossible to achieve. Anyone expecting that is just setting expectations way too high. 

I would be WAY more skeptical if we didnt see a cutout on v13.. Look at the v12 stuff before it was released.. All glowing opinions.. Then people got their wheels and first pothole you faceplant.  Same with the Begode wheels right now.. All i hear is how amazing they are.. Then everyone rushes out to buy them, and in less than month they are falling apart. Then round 2 and new products are flying out every 2 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I don't see any huge red flags when people pushing wheels get cutouts (especially pre-production testing models). On top of that the rider said they were at fault. You cant tell the whole story from watching a video.

Some of the youtubers for wheels are not only getting extremely annoying, their opinions should be taken with a grain of salt.

All of this being said. I wish inmotion would stop overselling and hyping their stuff.. Telling people the goal is a zero cutout experience was asking for trouble. There really is no way to have 100% no cutout experience with EUC's. Trying to hype and give that kind of perfection is just impossible to achieve. Anyone expecting that is just setting expectations way too high. 

I would be WAY more skeptical if we didnt see a cutout on v13.. Look at the v12 stuff before it was released.. All glowing opinions.. Then people got their wheels and first pothole you faceplant.  Same with the Begode wheels right now.. All i hear is how amazing they are.. Then everyone rushes out to buy them, and in less than month they are falling apart. Then round 2 and new products are flying out every 2 weeks.

Yes!!!! Thank you!!!  An actual logical reasoning among all these “professional riders”  I say let the people who are making the huge deal about this go buy a begode.  WIth that said,  IM definitely needs to invest money on some people who can do real PR with release and testing information and making videos.  Absolute statements attract all the critics.  In my opinion, if they can’t release properly high quality test footage with well explained explanations then they should just let the YouTubers do the reviews.  It’s hard but we have to keep in mind that the people here on these forums, FB, and Telegram who like to voice every dramatic complaint are but a tiny group compared to the actual percentage of riders.  Zen Lee reporting on Begodes issues isn’t going to get him clicks because that’s normal for Begode.  IM on the other hand is the giant everyone is going to be critical of.  Apple vs all the android phones is a great comparison.  Only the common sensed that value their moneys worth will wait for a second or third batch before buying a v13.  That’s how I buy any EUC regardless of brand.  It should be expected there will always be issues especially from a new ground up model in the initial release.   Also I have every confidence IM will fix these issues as they arise.  I’ve said it several times already and will say it again.  Inmotion is the only company that is pushing the boundaries to making EUCs actually better and I think they are going about it in a much better way than anyone else.  

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Wraith Rider said:

It should be expected there will always be issues especially from a new ground up model in the initial release.

And that's the smelly part, it shouldn't be like that!

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Do you own a company? If you do please tell us what the product your company makes. I'm sorry but people that make these types of statements have no clue on what it takes to build and make a product and bring it to market.   Please name just one company that doesn't have issues with its product when first released?   

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Wraith Rider said:

Do you own a company? If you do please tell us what the product your company makes. I'm sorry but people that make these types of statements have no clue on what it takes to build and make a product and bring it to market.   Please name just one company that doesn't have issues with its product when first released?   

https://parachutesystems.com/

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Wraith Rider said:

That makes no sense whatsoever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wraith Rider said:

🫣 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

AA511F4E-2AEA-4DC0-BD08-1DDA9D8237FB.jpeg

4 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Part of a learning and improving things is learning from mistakes and breakdown. That will always happen... Limiting how and the frequency is the key. 

Even NASA learned this....V13 Challanger. How much man power and hours went into that space program? 

The question what does it take for people to trust the EUC to be rideable at 90kmh.... It people can reach that level? And on top of that there is a human decision and control element. Still think this is safe? Or wise? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

The question what does it take for people to trust the EUC to be rideable at 90kmh....

Wrongway purportedly to have ridden just a hair below 90 km/h on a city street at night. Mind you, that section of road that he was on, was wide, empty, and quite insulated like on a bridge. Should he have crashed, it would have been a single vehicle accident. And he was riding a first batch? That was just normal riding in a group.

Of course he also rode it at 90 km/h on a 80 km/h highway for reviewing purposes, shown in his first impression video? 

My gut tells me there are a bunch of riders who can't wait to get their hands on one, and go 90 km/h, and beyond.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

Wrongway purportedly to have ridden just a hair below 90 km/h on a city street at night.

OFF TOPIC, apologies in advance...

You live near YVR... if you see WW, please ask him to take it easy on the seawall path. Gonna get the existing PEV bans enforced.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Gonna get the existing PEV bans enforced.

Wow, you know that. I didn't even know they don't enforce it. I ride on the road.

But if I ever see him on the seawall, I am going to try to join him. ;)

Edited by techyiam

5 hours ago, Unicycle Santa said:

I am that rider 😂 The second I get mine I'm turning on fancy mode or whatever that is (if it has it) to get a few more MPH, then I'm taking it up to the limit. I can't wait to hit 60 on a single wheel.

We already have one data point. The rider in Dubai got a cutout after exceeding 100 km/h by a hair. Apparently, he didn't break any bones.

Maybe add a couple of capacitors and try again. Someone is going to break the 100 km/h milestone. ;)

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

We already have one data point. The rider in Dubai got a cutout after exceeding 100 km/h by a hair. Apparently, he didn't break any bones.

Maybe add a couple of capacitors and try again. Someone is going to break the 100 km/h milestone. ;)

Just so you know when elunipsycho successfully hit 99kph (61.5157 mph) on the master pro and decided to do another run to push it to 100kph and accidentally went 103kph (64.0012 mph) is when he cutout .

Everything seems to be trickling out from InMotion for the V13, I need some more video, especially from reviewers. I have had my preorder in since the first day and need to keep my excitement up. It is hard seeing Veteran and Begode wheels with a ton of videos.

58 minutes ago, Fuerte said:

Everything seems to be trickling out from InMotion for the V13, I need some more video, especially from reviewers. I have had my preorder in since the first day and need to keep my excitement up. It is hard seeing Veteran and Begode wheels with a ton of videos.

It's not much but I did see this posted recently; can't actually see the wheel though:

• Haha 1

Hmm, on a more positive note this one has a pretty cool jump in it on a v13; this was apparently from almost a week ago; apologies if someone else already posted it and I just overlooked it:

• Upvote 1