New Veteran "Abrams" 22-inch Wheel

xiiijojjo

2 hours ago, Dan Hillary said:

Yep, I've felt that. I chalked it up to some combination of the square-wave controller that it's my understanding that the Abrams has and some resonant frequency that the stock tire makes at that speed. I'll be curious to see if it still happens when I change to the Pilot Street 2 street tire

Interesting I was worried that it was something to do with my getting close to over powering it causing it to dip and catch back up but that makes sense. I haven't noticed it when riding faster at full battery so I guess it just happens to be around the speed I was being throttled to. I thought it might have been something to do with the hall sensors but that would be more likely at a low speed so I think you guess is probably more likely.

Let me know if the tire change does anything because If it's some type of resonant frequency then I'm not too worried about it.

• Like 1

I would like to congratulate leaperkim and Linnea ... a very serious company does not reply to emails ...

we also pay over 3000 USD for zero assistance ...

they talk about HARDWARE problems ... can they be solved with a firmware?

they don't tell it right.

On 4/30/2022 at 4:28 AM, alex5454 said:

they talk about HARDWARE problems ... can they be solved with a firmware?

I cancelled when I heard that there were issues with the positioning of the hall sensor (on certain units) that would be resolved by firmware updates. Do better next time...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 9:05 PM, alex5454 said:

Hi guys, the third abrams firmware is out I will test it for you.

002.0.03  (second firmware)

002.0.11    is out (third) 

Version Description
 1: Height Hall High-speed elbow-like complex correction rate.

translate from my chinese friend:

1: increases the percentage of error correction during high speed mode

firmware-abrams-third.jpg

Vanila FW if hall sensor make error just turn off balancing this is what hapend Mr Denis Hagov and others.

They make fixed FW what ignore eroor state and not turn off ballancing if errors occured (simply just turn off this safety feature)

New FW improve state how filter errors and error range.(simply say safety feature is now half working)

All thisis based on my opinion i am not reprentative or any conection to Veterean factory.

• Thanks 1

Im told this firmware update removed the soft mode on the Abrams. Is this true? We asked them to fix the cutouts, not to change how the wheel rides. Hope its incorrect (I cant ride yet to verify).

Edited by Ronin Ryder

16 hours ago, alex5454 said:

HI guys today i try 14+14 km all is ok 

My abrams have around 430 km...

What phone and android version did you use to update? I have two different phones and want to use the one I think has the least chance of bricking the wheel 😅

23 minutes ago, Dan Hillary said:

What phone and android version did you use to update? I have two different phones and want to use the one I think has the least chance of bricking the wheel 😅

As long as the app runs I don't think your chances would be that different. I updated mine on my pixel 3a though, and didn't have any problems if that helps.

I've now put 50 miles on the new firmware. Pedals seem to be more responsive, not as soft, and less pedal dip. I've really put it through the testing grounds, off road, grass, 35 mph up steep hills, slow 2mph up even steeper hills. It has not let me down once. I love this wheel. I'm really glad I've got more confidence in it since the upgraded firmware.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mark Pedregosa of Unitron Philippines had a cut on the Abrams after successfully riding it for 4000kms and believing it was from a good batch. His post says he was cruising seated and hit a small bump which made the wheel beep and the next second he was on the ground. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/5157136227717632/?fs=e&s=cl

92411ACB-4F3B-4C9A-9DBA-18A986166005.jpeg

• Upvote 2