New Veteran "Abrams" 22-inch Wheel

xiiijojjo

3 hours ago, Fuerte said:

Thanks, I reached out to them on Facebook, has anyone actually ordered from him?

Heaps of the "off road" RSHT guys have ordered from him in particular for the "Raised Pedal Hangers", so you should be safe/OK to place an order if you're able to wait for the longer shipping times associated.

Edited by fbhb
  • Upvote 1

Rode my new Abrams today, that sucker is huge! I am a big guy and it fits me well, just not used to it yet. Going to try a 20 mile ride tomorrow and see if I can get more used to it. It rides super smooth and it feels very well built. I made a seat, and will try to learn to sit also tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On a flat, smooth road, which euc is the most stable, most planted while traveling at or above 75 km/h (46 mph)?

Is it the Veteran Abrams, or is there a wheel that is considered more stable,  Ie. Monster Pro?

Edited by techyiam

20 minutes ago, techyiam said:

On a flat, smooth road, which euc is the most stable, most planted while traveling at or above 75 km/h (46 mph)?

Is it the Veteran Abrams, or is there a wheel that is considered more stable,  Ie. Monster Pro?

One of my riding buddies has both and he much prefers the Abrams. I think he’s going to sell the mpro. He loves big heavy wheels and comes from a motorcycle background. 

• Like 1

I haven't gotten that fast yet. I have only put about 20 miles on it, and I am not comfortable with it yet. I tried building a seat, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to make it work. In order to balance, I have to sit on the VERY front of the seat, what am I doing wrong?

Hello to everyone on this chat! I’m looking to get a the vet Abrams but it’s been a while since I’ve looked into it. Last I’ve read is that they had a lot of cut out issues but now it’s fixed. And the new batches (second batch) now have no issues due to new motor and firmware updates. If that’s true what’s the motor date/serial number is the ones with no issues ?

Hi guys, yersteday abrams made me a small beep at 76 km/h.. I slowed down was the 80% output..

in your opinion, how much leeway I still had in speed?

I was with 69% battery ... (euc wolrd reported to me safety margin reached 3%)

abrams-valbrembana.jpg

I would say zero. You were pushing the top speed. My bet is that you were actually reaching the maximum output of the batteries. I'm curious what your amp draw as the time. I'd also worry that a big bump would dump me at that speed.

I did not look at any other data, however I was on a perfectly smooth new road, with pressure at 1.7 bar, rider weight 70 Kg full equipment .. in my opinion I had just activated 80% output I had margin

On 11/13/2022 at 4:51 PM, kiitick said:

I would say zero. You were pushing the top speed. My bet is that you were actually reaching the maximum output of the batteries. I'm curious what your amp draw as the time. I'd also worry that a big bump would dump me at that speed.

Hi, new speed record today with full battery

Screenshot_2022-11-17-08-39-41-247_net.lastowski.eucworld.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-17-08-37-39-571_net.lastowski.eucworld.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-17-08-33-47-560_net.lastowski.eucworld.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just as I suspected. Your amperage is WAY over the max continuous voltage for that battery pack.  The max sustained draw is just under 10amps, with 24s6p, you're looking at 60 amps. Your highest spike is double that amperage at 120. The PEAK should be less than 15 amps per pack, for a total of 90 (not sustained). I think it's awesome that you are going that fast, but the batteries aren't designed for that amp draw. You'll damage them by doing that. 

On 11/7/2022 at 10:40 PM, Kekafuch said:

My chassis is flexing where the tire will easily rub the inner fender. It does seem the flex is from the bar that spans the axle to the front/back but I am not sure. 

I think it is exactly that.

I went back to watch Kevin's videos on the Abrams. In one of the earlier videos, he complained that the cross-bar that spans front to back to provide mounting points for the front and rear crash bars were made of steel and thus can rust. In a later video, Kevin mentioned that the production version now has the cross-bar made of aluminum alloy. Unfortunately, the alloy bar looks to have exact dimensions as the steel one. The problem is that aluminium alloy is significantly weaker and less stiff than steel. Leaper Kim in their haste attempt to make Kevin happy and to keep costs down to a minimum, did not redesign the part to suit aluminium alloy. They just switched the material used to make the bar.

And hence, the structure is a lot less stiff.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 2

On 11/13/2022 at 1:46 AM, I2x2 said:

Hello to everyone on this chat! I’m looking to get a the vet Abrams but it’s been a while since I’ve looked into it. Last I’ve read is that they had a lot of cut out issues but now it’s fixed. And the new batches (second batch) now have no issues due to new motor and firmware updates. If that’s true what’s the motor date/serial number is the ones with no issues ?

Hi, I always travel around the 50-60 km/H maximum speed ...that was just a test.

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Among your wheels, how would you rank them in terms of stability and how planted they feel at 60 km/h or higher?

Hi, Abrams comfort is one of my favorite wheels mostly because of the roll bars. 22" is really the best you feel the difference when you switch to a 20" especially at high speeds... even if I have to say the master with shock absorber is really comfortable but it is very sensitive ... you are higher .. I think a wheel type master PRO 22" with shock absorber would be truly definitive on long journeys ... the shock absorber does a lot but at high speeds you need to know how to control the wheel especially in case of braking it is not so simple compared to one without shock absorber.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, alex5454 said:

the shock absorber does a lot but at high speeds you need to know how to control the wheel especially in case of braking it is not so simple compared to one without shock absorber.

Thank you for your detailed reply.

Interesting about braking at high speeds with suspension. Inmotion V13 has the option to remove the suspension. This option could prove useful for some riders adapting to it and at higher speed riding. 

Edited by techyiam

Does anyone know the difference between the first batch motors and the new motors?

Supposedly, around the Feb-Mar timeframe, motor production got an update on the hall sensors. However, the new motor is supposedly be something different than that.

Does anyone has an Abrams with the new motor? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Fuerte said:

I did and I love it. Haven’t ridden to much yet, but very large and stable.

EEVEES supposedly ships out their Abrams with the new motor. Can you check yours to see if there is a stamped manufacturer code and production date on the motor rim? Thanks.

My buddy had a few cutouts with the old motor and firmware. He’s since upgraded both and hasn’t had an issue. He’s ridden it hard for a few k and said the trusts it now. It’s his favourite wheel now. 

Edited by Hellkitten

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

You wouldn't happen to know what was improved on the new motor?

I have no idea. Sorry. We were hanging out while riding and I asked him about trusting his Abrams and he said after installing the motor and firmware he’s had zero problems.  We never went deeper then that. I’ll try and ask him next time we chat. 

• Thanks 1