INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

On 9/3/2021 at 11:52 PM, lirva said:

Probably true. Reseller (Voltride) will pick it up and return when fixed. Good service so far.

I've been driving the V12 dispite the what ever issue it has. Backlight came back rainbow mode today. :efef585a74:

1 hour ago, eucVibes said:

https://youtu.be/-e3Lmb6gPCk

The V12 has been running flawlessly since I shot this test one week ago🤙

thanks for the vid... i think i'll just take everyone's word that my v12 is water resistant :-)

Edited by evans036
typo
  • Like 2

On 9/7/2021 at 7:01 PM, lirva said:

I've been driving the V12 dispite the what ever issue it has. Backlight came back rainbow mode today. :efef585a74:

Today the wheel started to shout "please repair", so I give up and box it ready for pickup. 

• Like 2

Anyone else having issues with split mode on the app, every time I try it it let's me move the slider but I get a failed notification and it reverts back to 0

Just now, Nimbus2000 said:

Anyone else having issues with split mode on the app, every time I try it it let's me move the slider but I get a failed notification and it reverts back to 0

what firmware are you on? I needed an update to get the split modes to work. Same behavior as you are mentioning. 

5 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

what firmware are you on? I needed an update to get the split modes to work. Same behavior as you are mentioning. 

The app says I'm on the newest firmware

On 8/17/2021 at 7:38 PM, GPW said:

Since first batch and not many out there, thought I would offer V12 first impressions. Very early days with just unboxing and one short 6-mile ride today. For reference, I am coming from 16x.

Short version: So far I am very happy with the purchase/upgrade, though still at first impression stage.  

Longer version:

• Does feel very high quality / well made, consistent with all the reviews.
  • Screen works well and is useful. Glad to have it.
  • Trolley handle is good enough. 16x trolley is of course easier to use, but V12 trolley handle will serve just fine.
  • My 16x looks like a small machine by comparison, more than I expected. V12 feels much more substantial when not riding (trolleying, lifting etc). I do wonder if it would have been harder to learn on than my 16x given size, though really hard to say from my current vantage point. That all said, riding feels great and totally comfortable coming from a 16x – size/weight is definitely not a concern for me when riding. Would note the added height actually adds some comfort when mounting as more comfortable counter balance against my starting leg.
  • Feels plenty “torquey” so far, not feeling anything lacking at all vs 16x. Have heard a lot of people describe the ride as "smooth", and that does seem accurate. As expected, I do feel the added power difference for v12 once above the 15-20mph range as compared to 16x.
  • Was worried about braking given all the reviews, but in my very brief test so far has not been an issue for me. Have only used commuting mode (used medium mode on 16x, so guessed closest?) and have both spiked pedals (v11 honeycomb pedals) and Clark Pads. Have not tested at higher speeds (doesn't really apply to me anyway). I do look forward to playing with split mode settings when firmware is updated.
  • Was also worried about wobbles given some reviews, but so far nothing to note compared to my experience with the 16x. If anything I feel more stable with pedals at lowest setting. I did start with tire at about 32 psi where tended to keep my 16x at about 35psi, largely out of concern this tire might be more twitchy, especially brand new. Again, relevant to disclose most of my riding in the 15-25mph range, and my short test ride did not take me above 30mph. But I did not purchase with any real focus on >30 mph speeds, just confidence that I could approach 30mph without testing limits of the wheel.
  • Feels nice riding with the knowledge that at my normal speeds I am nowhere near the limits of the wheel.
  • Feels nice to go outside seeing a 30% chance of rain in the forecast and not needing to stress about potentially getting caught in the rain.
  • Love having the kickstand.

how do the speakers compare to the 16x? 

I have a question to all V12 owners. It's possible to set speeding and braking values to 200 % in Inmotion app, but when you try to change these settings using built-in display, max you can set is 100 %. Personally I assume that it's a bug in Inmotion app, but I'm curious if setting any of these values above 100 % from IM app has any effect on wheel behaviour? Or any value above 100 % works just like a 100 %?

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 3:47 PM, No1up said:

how do the speakers compare to the 16x? 

V12 speakers are pretty good.  I would give the edge to 16x though. Better bass and maybe slightly louder. 

Edited by Mike Roe

6 hours ago, Seba said:

I have a question to all V12 owners. It's possible to set speeding and braking values to 200 % in Inmotion app, but when you try to change these settings using built-in display, max you can set is 100 %. Personally I assume that it's a bug in Inmotion app, but I'm curious if setting any of these values above 100 % from IM app has any effect on wheel behaviour? Or any value above 100 % works just like a 100 %?

I will try to test this out for you tomorrow. Not sure what the behavior is to be honest

On 9/13/2021 at 10:50 AM, Seba said:

I've been waiting for some feedback on this. 

I have not been able to make any sense of the split mode, either the numbers (both negative and up to 200%), and getting it to work.  I have the updated firmware, but when I have set split mode, it always resets to a negative number when I re-check the values. 

I ended up turning split mode off, and have left the wheel at 100% sensitivity along with 'off road' mode.  This seems to be close to a hard mode?  But honestly not entirely sure

8 hours ago, Ben Hatfield said:

I ended up turning split mode off, and have left the wheel at 100% sensitivity along with 'off road' mode.  This seems to be close to a hard mode?  But honestly not entirely sure

On both Commuter and Off-road, roughly:

80-100% is a hard mode.

40-80% is a medium mode.

0-40% is a soft mode.

Commuter and Off-road are different shapes of the power curve, the Pedal Sensitivity is what determines the steepness, ie. hardness.

• Like 2

I am thinking of choosing between EX.N and V12. Can someone here convince me why I should go with the V12 instead of the EX.N? From what I understand the V12 is very well insulated which is a bonus for me considering that I live in wet climate. I am not pleased with the stability of the V11 and the braking which I expected to be more responsive. (And to some extent it's my lack of interest in technical work, as I am almost sure that I didn't get the suspension to properly stabilize the wheel because the pressure gauge can't measure it properly and keeps losing air.)

I am posting the same question in the EX.N forums too.

Edited by jmsjms

57 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

I am not pleased with the stability of the V11 and the braking which I expected to be more responsive.

The stability issue could well be a badly adjusted suspension. I find the V11 to be a stable wheel.

If you want the braking to be more responsive on any 18” wheel, you have three choices:

1.) Use a softer riding mode, 2.) Use braking pads, and 3.) Stay out from 18” wheels.

It’s a physics thing, not that much of a wheel model thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jmsjms said:

Can someone here convince me why I should go with the V12 instead of the EX.N?

Here are my two cents😁. Go with the INMOTION I’m sure it won’t disappoint you. On the the other hand there is a decent chance that the exn will disappoint you. I was very excited to receive my exn, only to have it cutout on me after 10 miles of riding. 
I highly doubt that would’ve happened if I would’ve ordered  the v12 instead. 

Go with the safe wheel, the one that actually has some engineering and a thought process when designed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmsjms said:
2 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Yet, others are happy with their purchases; there are YouTubbers putting out videos and praising it quite a bit.

Well, it was an awesome wheel for 10 miles.
My v11 has been awesome for over 1000, and so have all the others that I’ve had. The math just doesn’t work out for me. 

If they were readily available and I had money burning a whole in my pocket I'd have a V12 already. Having that much customizability over the ride feel is very intriguing.

I'm still really happy with the RS torque for off-road riding so the next one should be more a street wheel....but I also have a monkey on my back whispering mten in my ear so who knows! 

13 hours ago, jmsjms said:

I am thinking of choosing between EX.N and V12. Can someone here convince me why I should go with the V12 instead of the EX.N? From what I understand the V12 is very well insulated which is a bonus for me considering that I live in wet climate.

This is the main reason why I am buying a V12. I love my Exn but it just isn't meant for wet weather. If you don't need to ride 40+ miles in one go definitely get a V12.

• Like 1