INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

14 minutes ago, Batcountry said:

Thanks for any help

Contact your seller.  There must be a contact email.  You should not have to do anything on a new wheel.

• Like 2

A new V12 is sent with around 68%, this is normal. It is placed in the box in transport mode. When you open the box, do not plug the charger into the power supply. First connect the charger cable to the wheel without power. Then you can turn on the wheel and exit transport mode. We turn off the wheel. To charge the second time, connect the charger to the front wheel side of the current. Otherwise the wheel card will receive too much current from the charger which gives it without being able to slow down its action

On 11/30/2023 at 11:34 AM, Batcountry said:

Bricked Brand New V12? 

Hello,

My gf ordered me a V12 last week (from Inmotion Directly) and was delivered yesterday. Of course I was excited to get home and get it set up to ride. I turned it on. Battery charge showed 68%. I plugged it in. Connected to the app on my Iphone. Connected app to the V12 and it prompted me with a Firmware update. So I started that. It made it to about 20% update then froze for quite some time. An error came up and said update failed. So I started to try again. App shows its connected via bluetooth and keeps prompting the firmware update again but fails every time. States Warm Tip, Update Failed and a string of numbers. Plus the V12 wont power on (at least the screen wont) without the charger being plugged in. But the second you plug the charger in, the V12 starts yelling warning warning or be careful be careful over and over.

I tried long pressing power button. I tried factory reset from app (which stated it had been completed) But nothing is working and it keeps yelling warning or be careful at me. 

It does pop up with a warning saying something about the batteries arent even or equal or such. 

Ive reached out on Telegram, email and now on here with hopes of someone pointing me in right direction to fix this. 

Thanks for any help. 

Update. 

Was finally able to update the firmware and ride the V12 over the weekend. 

But now it is having the battery issue where its saying one battery isnt enabled. Which in turn wont let me charge the V12 as it will beep and flash and yell at me if I plug it in. 

Working with Clark at Inmotion to get that sorted. Uploaded the Diagnosis Log and waiting to hear back on next steps. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update

(hopefully all these posts help some other V12 riders someday) 

Received the new main board Fri and installed it yesterday. Not super difficult just tedious with all the plugs and screws. 

After install and assembly... the V12 finally charges! No alerts, no disabled batteries, no beeps. 

But now it wont self level and it makes a weird beeping noise nonstop. Plus it wont power off normally. I have to hold the power button for 30 seconds to force it off. 

Contacted Inmotion last night and they want me to recheck all the plugs and wires. As well as testing the new board for continuity to make sure the new board isnt POS. 

So, guess Ill be taking it apart and doing that tonight. 

I labeled every wire and made sure to put back in spot it was assigned to. So not sure what if messed up or not. 

This pic is finally reassembly and taking the tape labels off. Maybe I pulled something out as I was ripping tape off. 

image0(2).thumb.jpeg.88bc6bdc1f9fd3d3d1406c38d02a8620.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Batcountry said:

Does anyone know what this plug is for, circled in blue? 

Hall sensor wires from the motor.

This and the three phase wires come directly from the motor.

The green and blue phase wires come from the left side, and the yellow phase wire and the hall sensor wires come from the right side of the wheel.

Edited by techyiam

17 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Hall sensor wires from the motor.

This and the three phase wires come directly from the motor.

The green and blue phase wires come from the left side, and the yellow phase wire and the hall sensor wires come from the right side of the wheel.

Awesome. 

Do any of these plugs go to the gyro? Trying to find out why it wouldnt level last night. 

Thanks!

No.

Coming directly from the motor are 3 phase wires and a bundle of hall sensor wires to the controller board:

(1) a motor wire with a yellow connector.

(2) a motor wire with a green connector.

(3) a motor wire with a blue connector.

(4) hall sensor wires inside a cable sleeving as one bundle with a white multi-wire connector.

And they plug in into their corresponding connectors on the controller board as shown in your photo above.

None of these wires plug into the gyro.