INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

On 10/23/2022 at 11:29 PM, EasyDave630 said:

Anyone having issues with the kickstand staying up? I'm learning to balance on mine, and a very slow descent to the pavement knocked it wonky. A slap with my hand reset it centered, but now it's loose. Won't stay up at all and I'm afraid when I start really riding it'll grab and throw me.  I realize it isn't designed properly to start. The notches in the hinge blocks don't do what they're supposed to, but it was a little stiffer before. At this point I'm planning on screwing on a velcro strip to hold it up.

Nylonove/ Kinetic Pads also make a V12 kickstand bracket that stops the kickstand dropping down to touch the wheel. Check it out on his site…www.hulaj.market

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone explain split mode to me and whether or not the pedal sensitivity setting, which is a seperate setting, works in conjunction with split mode, or does split mode over ride the sensitivity setting?

I was under the impression that the sensitivity setting adjusted the amount of force needed to move the wheel.

I was also under the impression that split mode over rode the pedal sensitivity setting as split mode is used to adjust a custom sensitivity setting for going/braking separately from each other. 

How much of this do I have right or wrong?

Edited by GottaWay

14 hours ago, GottaWay said:

Can someone explain split mode to me

I’m just making a detailed video about it, but it’s still probably a few weeks out.

14 hours ago, GottaWay said:

I was under the impression that the sensitivity setting adjusted the amount of force needed to move the wheel.

The force that moves the wheel is the riders weight. Unfortunately the wheel’s settings don’t change that. ;)

Be sure to have the latest firmware and the app version, since the behavior of the Split modes have changed a bit along the way.

Pedal hardness and the Split mode settings work independent of each other. But the neutral position in the Split mode adjustments is around 70. Below that it assists, above it sort of “resists”.

In Commuting mode the pedal hardness adjusts how the wheel feels right away when you lean forward and backwards. A low setting lets you get into the leaning position faster, but it’s unstable for aggressive riding. A high setting tries to cancel out your lean, so it takes more effort to accelerate, but it’s more stable for aggressive riding. You need to test it around to find the right balance. You can adjust it while riding.

If you accelerate for longer, the pedal hardness setting feels the same the whole time. The Split mode adjustments affect how the wheel reacts to longer acceleration and braking. A low “Speeding” setting will let the wheel tilt forward slowly as you accelerate, and “Braking” will tilt back the same way. If the Split mode adjustments are above 70, it will tilt back during longer accelerations, and tilt forward during longer braking. It’s a goofy feeling.

• Upvote 1

So let me try this again...

Split mode is a pedal hardness adjustment. Split mode will override the independent pedal hardness setting when enabled.

Example: I set the pedal hardness setting to 10%. I then enable Split mode and set acceleration to 70% and braking to 50%. I now have 70% pedal firmness when I accelerate and 50% pedal hardness when I brake; the 10% singular pedal hardness setting is completely over rodewith split mode setup as I just described.

Do I have this correct now? Much appreciate the input.

I accidentally called it pedal sensitivity in my prior post. Pedal hardness is the setting name.

Edited by GottaWay

1 hour ago, GottaWay said:

Do I have this correct now?

No. I’m not sure how to explain it better than I did in my previous post. Except maybe in the upcoming video…

Edited by mrelwood

Can we know if it is the new motherboard with the bigger moffsets without opening the V12?

I often hear about BATCH N°xx
How to know the outputs of these new batches? (by the way is it just at the firmware level or is it physical modifications of the wheel?) and how to see which BATCH is installed on a wheel?

THANKS

Thank you for the video,  Inmotion should compensate you and link your series with every purchase!  

Next Question 

I live in a relatively flat area, so I was excited to take my V12HT to a area with very steep hills,  when I rode up some of the steepest hills I saw the max power top out at 3385 watts,  at about 12-15 mph.  I understand that the motor on the HT is 2800 watts. After I realized I had that used that much power for 2-3 minutes. I checked the temperatures on the app and didn’t see any excessively high temperatures.  Was I nearing a dirt nap because of overpowering the motor?  

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Just now, techyiam said:

Your V12 should warn you or tilt back should you get close to over powering your wheel, if I am not mistaken. 

Thanks, I didn’t feel any tilt or hear any warnings, I am nearing the experience level that old guy’s figure how to hurt themselves and I am definitely not into pain!  

42 minutes ago, Jkay said:

Thanks, I didn’t feel any tilt or hear any warnings, I am nearing the experience level that old guy’s figure how to hurt themselves and I am definitely not into pain!  

You can also monitor the safety margin by monitoring the % duty cycle PWM in DarknessBot. Generally, people consider stressing your motor to cross 80% PWM is starting to get into the worry zone.

Edited by techyiam

At what pwm % do these wheels tiltback at? I'd imagine "fancy mode" raises the pwm limit as well.

Weird side note, on Begodes 100v or more wheels, max PWM is 105. It's 100 max on the < 100v wheels. Not sure what Inmotion does for max PWM values. 

Edited by GottaWay

On 7/22/2023 at 5:33 PM, Jkay said:

Thanks much in theory is 100% PWM full power?  I haven’t gotten much above 65% PWM on my V12. 

Yes, 100% PWM is the best the controller can do. Motor’s power rating only relates to heat, so a constant 3000+ W should heat up the motor. But 3300W peaks here and there are no issue at all.

On 7/23/2023 at 4:42 AM, GottaWay said:

At what pwm % do these wheels tiltback at?

AFAIK they don’t have a direct PWM based tiltback, so it probably varies. They tilt due to speed, power/current, temperature, voltage, etc. And specific curves and relations between  them at any given moment.

On 7/23/2023 at 4:42 AM, GottaWay said:

Weird side note, on Begodes 100v or more wheels, max PWM is 105. It's 100 max on the < 100v wheels.

Begodes don’t report PWM, so it’s only estimated by EUCw and DarknessBot. Estimations are not precise, so it may show 105%, or it may cut out at 95%. But the actual PWM the controller operates at can’t be above 100%. That’s how percentage works…

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JeanS said:

Hi,

is threa an easy way to check whether a used V12 has a new version of motherboard ie. Mosfets?

1) if the wheel has it out of the factory or

2) if it has been changed

when you get your inmotion wheel right in the instruction booklet will be a stamp that will be when your EUC was inspected before it left the factory. It has a year and a month as long is it is after I want to say April 2022 you are good

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Has anyone found an available mosfet replacement for the V12 HT? The ones on my board are GP039N15M or GMD4001 and I've been searching the net for hours to find nothing. Like, zero cross references, zero suppliers. How can this be? There has to be a suitable replacement available.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 11:39 AM, t3slanik said:

Has anyone found an available mosfet replacement for the V12 HT? The ones on my board are GP039N15M or GMD4001 and I've been searching the net for hours to find nothing. Like, zero cross references, zero suppliers. How can this be? There has to be a suitable replacement available.

Did you find the mosfets? They seem to have stock here.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/mosfet/n-channel/iptg039n15nm5/

Edited by EUC Phenomenon

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2023 at 10:01 AM, EUC Phenomenon said:

Did you find the mosfets? They seem to have stock here.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/mosfet/n-channel/iptg039n15nm5/

I did. The ones in that link seem to be in a different package. The ones on the board are TO-220. I sourced them from Alibaba. Got them soldered up, will try soon.

20231101_162209.jpg

20231101_170624.jpg

• Like 1

NEVER buy any fets outside of a proper source.

By proper I mean RS, Farnell, Mouser, Digi-Key or similar. Or even the manufacturers if they will sell small quantities to you. I was buying 100 at a time at one point and still had to go to Mouser.

I have personally had, and tested, many counterfeit mosfets that looked identical to genuine ones.

• Upvote 2

I provided the names of 4 reputable suppliers but unfortunately it can take quite a while sometimes to cross-ref part numbers and specs so I would have to ask that you do that yourself. I also wouldn't want to be wrong on such a critical safety part. I would be very surprised if one of the suppliers could not source either an identical or equivalent part.

On 11/3/2023 at 2:15 AM, Planemo said:

I provided the names of 4 reputable suppliers but unfortunately it can take quite a while sometimes to cross-ref part numbers and specs so I would have to ask that you do that yourself. I also wouldn't want to be wrong on such a critical safety part. I would be very surprised if one of the suppliers could not source either an identical or equivalent part.

Yeah, I had a look on mouser and digikey. It seems these +200 amp mosfets are not a common occurrence.

• 4 weeks later...

Bricked Brand New V12? 

Hello,

My gf ordered me a V12 last week (from Inmotion Directly) and was delivered yesterday. Of course I was excited to get home and get it set up to ride. I turned it on. Battery charge showed 68%. I plugged it in. Connected to the app on my Iphone. Connected app to the V12 and it prompted me with a Firmware update. So I started that. It made it to about 20% update then froze for quite some time. An error came up and said update failed. So I started to try again. App shows its connected via bluetooth and keeps prompting the firmware update again but fails every time. States Warm Tip, Update Failed and a string of numbers. Plus the V12 wont power on (at least the screen wont) without the charger being plugged in. But the second you plug the charger in, the V12 starts yelling warning warning or be careful be careful over and over.

I tried long pressing power button. I tried factory reset from app (which stated it had been completed) But nothing is working and it keeps yelling warning or be careful at me. 

It does pop up with a warning saying something about the batteries arent even or equal or such. 

Ive reached out on Telegram, email and now on here with hopes of someone pointing me in right direction to fix this. 

Thanks for any help. 
  • Like 2