INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

On 9/12/2022 at 12:34 AM, Eno Efil said:

1. When I free spin in the forward direction the wheel hits cut-off speed (86.6km/h), cuts out and powers off completely. However when I free spin in the backwards/reverse direction the wheel hits cut-off speed, cuts out but the screen stays on and the wheel stays powered.

If that is repeatable, it sounds like a firmware bug. I would report it to service@imscv.com.

On 9/12/2022 at 12:34 AM, Eno Efil said:

2. This one is more concerning to me.  When I free spin in the forward direction, I slowly creep up to 60km/h (max speed for HT) and as soon as it hits 60.1km/h it violently accelerates until it reaches 86.6km/h and cuts out.

That's exactly how a tilt-back at 60km/h behaves like when doing a free spin test. While riding, the acceleration is what causes the pedals to tilt back, which in turn stops the wheel from accelerating further. When free spinning, the tilt never happens, so the wheel tries to accelerate as far as it can in order to get in front of the rider so he would slow down. No reason to worry, you have only tested that the tilt-back does indeed work. Perfectly normal on all wheels that have a tilt-back enabled.

• Like 2

Nothing like having the right tools for the job hey ? They should at least invest in some tyre wedges so we don't risk puncturing the inner tube with the slightest slip of those long metal flat blades he was using instead of them ! Makes me appreciate how much easier it is on the Gotways...

7 hours ago, Eucner said:

Inmotion has released inner tube replacement video.

I hope this isn't how my tire was mounted. It made me wondering how they manage more complicated tasks.

Wow that was sad, unprofessional, and embarrassing. Their previous videos have been much better, I have no idea how this one came to be.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Shane Dougherty said:

Anybody else out there still waiting for their replacement HS board? I purchased my wheel over a year ago and have 53km on it.

I had to constantly follow up to get my new board. I would def follow @meepmeepmayer advice and light a bit of a fire under the seller. 

57 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Name and shame!

It's Chicway and I keep reaching out. Last reply I got was 2 weeks ago saying they would let me know when they ship it and still nothing so I poked them again today. I've also reached out to @cecily_inmotion but I've yet to get a response. I wish Inmotion would just send direct to me!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Shane Dougherty said:

Anybody else out there still waiting for their replacement HS board? I purchased my wheel over a year ago and have 53km on it.

I would be on to Chicway and Inmotion everyday, Emails, phone calls, etc. I would want to speak to the manager, or even the CEO if I must. When I have been wronged by companies in the past, you'll be surprised how problems get rectified when you contact the top dog.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a problem with my V12 HS. I started to get pedal dip, so I did a calibration, which seem to fix the problem. It seemed to be okay for a while but the next time I turned it on, the wheel was a on slight rear angle and wanted to move forward. I did another calibration, with some difficultly and it was okay again. The next day I turned on the wheel, it was on a severe rear angle and wants to free spin to top speed and then shuts down. The anti-spin button doesn't stop it. I have recently replaced the board but I was getting the pedal dip before then.

On 9/29/2022 at 1:48 AM, EUC Phenomenon said:

I'm having a problem with my V12 HS. I started to get pedal dip, so I did a calibration, which seem to fix the problem. It seemed to be okay for a while but the next time I turned it on, the wheel was a on slight rear angle and wanted to move forward. I did another calibration, with some difficultly and it was okay again. The next day I turned on the wheel, it was on a severe rear angle and wants to free spin to top speed and then shuts down. The anti-spin button doesn't stop it. I have recently replaced the board but I was getting the pedal dip before then.

My pedal dipping didn't go away 100% until I replaced the driverboard and update to firmware 1.6.19.

Edited by techyiam

28 minutes ago, techyiam said:

My pedal dipping didn't go away 100% under I replaced the driverboard and update to firmware 1.6.19.

The pedal dipping was pretty bad when turning and making my feet ache. After the calibration, it was a lot better. I’m not sure if the calibration I did is making my wheel play up or it’s just a coincidence. I wondering if there is a way to reset the V12 to factory settings?

23 hours ago, EUC Phenomenon said:

I'm having a problem with my V12 HS. I started to get pedal dip, so I did a calibration, which seem to fix the problem. It seemed to be okay for a while but the next time I turned it on, the wheel was a on slight rear angle and wanted to move forward. I did another calibration, with some difficultly and it was okay again. The next day I turned on the wheel...

Just to make sure, do you have the wheel leaning on it's integrated stand while doing the calibration?

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Just to make sure, do you have the wheel leaning on it's integrated stand while doing the calibration

Yes, I did both calibrations. The calibration for the V12 is basic and the instructions are easy to understand. I  also sent a log to Inmotion and they are looking into it. 
After talking to my distributor about the problem today, I plugged in the charger to the wheel and did a reset with the app. Unplugged the charger and turned on the wheel. The wheel went in to a slight rear angle and the anti spin button was working again. I did a calibration and the wheel seems to working normally. I was getting bad pedal dip before but I went for a test ride today and it was okay. My distributor also said that Inmotion might make a V12 calibration video.

• Like 2