INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

I got my v12 two days ago and was super happy with it, however all of a sudden the screen stopped working, and eventually it stopped turning on altogether, ive barely used it, is anyone else having this problem? It happened when i was charging it at home.

• Like 2

I haven't read thru this thread entirely, but are any of you V12 owners experiencing issues with water condensating inside the display. My V12's display is always fogged, although I do keep it "outdoors" but in a glazed balcony and the air is pretty humid this time of the year. Yesterday, I was riding in pouring rain and the display stopped working altogether. Now I took the wheel inside hoping it will recover. Some of you might think, why store it "outdoors" at all. I am a bit hesitant keeping, let alone charging, such a massive lithium battery indoors because of the fire hazard. Also, the wheel display should be designed so that rain doesn't damage it

Edited by Ziiten
  • Like 2

Oh wow, not a good sign, so either hope for a fix from Inmotion or come up with DIY fix, I'm glad my gf's order that was supposed to be batch1 that got delayed now seems to be ending up as a a batch3 instead.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChiWestSider said:

Just read an article that said "On Tuesday more than 100 ships were waiting to unload thousands of containers outside the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach."

Those V12's won't be shipping any time soon. 

We have our V12 orders here in Vancouver, however Eevee’s is waiting for a date as to when they receive them. Shipping container crisis is very real X_X

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Oh wow, not a good sign, so either hope for a fix from Inmotion or come up with DIY fix, I'm glad my gf's order that was supposed to be batch1 that got delayed now seems to be ending up as a a batch3 instead.

Yeah, maybe some kind of phone display protector film to keep the touch screen working

On 10/22/2021 at 12:17 PM, Ziiten said:

I was riding in pouring rain and the display stopped working altogether.

Water could be why my display and BT died, I managed to ride few times on heavy rain. Maybe I'll continue using rain cover on top, if the wheel ever come's back.

11 hours ago, wheel-life said:

Looks like some changes are being made to open the bottleneck a bit, hope that helps the V12 container (and many others).

That was an interesting read, thanks!

• Like 1

Does anyone know of any pattern sheets or 3D CAD files of the V12? Once my V12 arrives I plan to make a pattern sheet for it, if one doesn't already exist, so that I can create a neoprene protective cover. I haven't seen a lot of people asking for this kind of thing, but curious if anyone is interested in protective covers for their V12.

3 hours ago, Daytonalott said:

This container arrived on the 17th and will begin unloading on the week of the 31st

https://www.cma-cgm.com/ebusiness/schedules/voyage/detail?voyageReference=0TX9SW1MA

Nice find. I hope it keeps that schedule at least. 

• Like 1

I may have found a morsel of new information about the ewheels shipment.

You can search CMA CGM LYRA on https://www.cma-cgm.com/ebusiness/schedules/port/detail?POLDescription=LOS ANGELES%2C CA %3B US %3B USLAX&ActualPOLDescription=LOS ANGELES%2C CA %3B US %3B USLAX and find a "port cut-off date" (10/29/2021 4:00 PM) and a "dock cut-off date" (10/27/2021 5:00 PM)

The Port Cut-Off Date is 

The cut-off date is the last date that the container can be returned to the port terminal in order to make the schedule that you requested. It's usually two days before the expected departure date, but will vary based on the carrier and the port.

So it seems like the unloading must be happening pretty soon, considering new containers for LYRA's next voyage have to be dropped off by Friday.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Richardo said:

it seems like the unloading must be happening pretty soon, considering new containers for LYRA's next voyage have to be dropped off by Friday.

The boat seems to be in queue now with a small group outside the port. 🤞🤞

• Like 3

there have been issues with water getting into the bearings so they need to be replaced.

kill switch not working (they forgot to plug it in)

there are sundry other issues too

most of the issues i have heard about seem to be related to water penetration - the v12 is perhaps not as water resistant as we thought

2 hours ago, ProtonShake said:

What batch of V12s are shipping out now? Wondering if I should wait for batch 3+ (sometime in January?) to get these kinks sorted out.

Had Zero problems with my V12 batch 1.

It's a fabulous wheel, very happy with it, I did change the tire and the ride is even better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, evans036 said:

there have been issues with water getting into the bearings so they need to be replaced.

kill switch not working (they forgot to plug it in)

there are sundry other issues too

most of the issues i have heard about seem to be related to water penetration - the v12 is perhaps not as water resistant as we thought

evX Recently did a live video on his instagram about properly treating and cleaning the V12 after every rain ride to ensure no water damage. The most important thing is keeping the wheel upright for at least an hour to allow water to drip downwards, rather than using the kickstand. Otherwise he said he's had zero issues in the rain and water.

Also, it looks like Eevee's in Vancouver received their V12s! They're now showing as "In Stock" on the page. I had pre-ordered a half-payment in early October and this morning I got an email about paying the second half now.

Page link: https://eevees.com/collections/new-wheels-coming/products/inmotion-v12

Edited by BongoFlip
Additional Text

32 minutes ago, BongoFlip said:

evX Recently did a live video on his instagram about properly treating and cleaning the V12 after every rain ride to ensure no water damage. The most important thing is keeping the wheel upright for at least an hour to allow water to drip downwards, rather than using the kickstand. Otherwise he said he's had zero issues in the rain and water.

Also, it looks like Eevee's in Vancouver received their V12s! They're now showing as "In Stock" on the page. I had pre-ordered a half-payment in early October and this morning I got an email about paying the second half now.

Page link: https://eevees.com/collections/new-wheels-coming/products/inmotion-v12

oh, that's good to know about how to minimize water damage. i am actually hoping the issues i have read about are over-blown.  was tempted to cancel my v12 order in favor of an rs19 - bit i didnt.

and.... that's really good news about your shipping notification. my order is with ewheels. hopefully soon...

steve

1 hour ago, evans036 said:

oh, that's good to know about how to minimize water damage. i am actually hoping the issues i have read about are over-blown.  was tempted to cancel my v12 order in favor of an rs19 - bit i didnt.

and.... that's really good news about your shipping notification. my order is with ewheels. hopefully soon...

steve

Glad you kept your pre-order! It's probably, in my own opinion, the best wheel in terms of performance for value. Such a great price for speed, torque, range and features like USB ports, kickstand and speakers.

However I'm surprised that the wheel launched without any confirmation of future accessories, such as an official Inmotion seat (like on the V11) or power pads. The V12 has an interesting "snap on" power pad feature I hear little talk about, but would make for great 3rd party power pads

• Like 1