INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

10 hours ago, ESB said:

Does anyone know if the only wheels on the boat are based on people who made a deposit prior to some cutoff date? Or does eWheels order “extras” to have some in stock?

I placed my deposit last week and am unsure if it’s realistic to expect my v12 in November/December as part of this boat’s shipment or if it’ll be on the next boat and looking more like jan-March.

I placed my pre-order at the beginning of October and just received my V12 this morning. I can confirm that it's batch 2 based on the pictures from the teardown, noticeable only from the trolley handle differences (Inmotion branding, rubber bump on the bottom, and additional screws). We're just north of Washington State, so I'm not sure if yours would come from the Bellingham distribution too.

Edited by BongoFlip

19 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Quick, ugly and easy, wrap with an old beach towel or towels and packing tape. Once you get the hang of it buy a bodyguard from roll.nz for future mishaps. 

thanks for the suggestion. Quick and ugly works great for me. roll.nz doesn't seem to produce anything for V12 yet, but I will keep and eye out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, evans036 said:

send them an email. they are usually pretty quick to answer those kinds of questions (notwithstanding the fire at their facility :-( )

Yeah aware of the fire and how absolutely stressed the owner is. Since I think he monitors the email directly I don’t really want to bother him with this.

if I get an email saying they want the remaining $$$ then great. If not, I guess I’m on the next boat haha

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ESB said:

Yeah aware of the fire and how absolutely stressed the owner is. Since I think he monitors the email directly I don’t really want to bother him with this.

if I get an email saying they want the remaining $$$ then great. If not, I guess I’m on the next boat haha

I preordered back in July and I haven't gotten an email from ewheels asking for the balance yet, so you might be in this batch.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GreyRider said:

preordered back in July and I haven't gotten an email from ewheels asking for the balance yet, so you might be in this batch

We all know eWheels suffered a huge loss with the fire and it's probably hard for them to be running as usual. I hope things will be okay though. I also pre-ordered in July due to the potential rise in cost at that time  

39 minutes ago, Wuffenstare said:

I didn’t know that. Should I get my deposit back and order through eevees wheel, etc or are they still able to conduct business?

extremely unlikely that you could speed up your turn around by canceling and reordering elsewhere. Jason/ewheels are the most upstanding and customer focused businessmen you're going to meet in a business to consumer relationship, and if they weren't able to conduct business you'd get a refund without asking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wuffenstare said:

I didn’t know that. Should I get my deposit back and order through eevees wheel, etc or are they still able to conduct business?

There is a thread regarding the eWheels fire in General. I believe eWheels will pull through before throwing in the towel. The investment is already made by purchasing the wheels. I can't imagine just leaving it all when people are waiting for it, but I know nothing about business and the details behind the scene. 

10 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

EcoDrift disassembles the second batch V12. Only some tiny changes.

There's some wire pinching at the axle in this one wheel, but otherwise looks neat.

Monokoleso-Inmotion-V12-vtoraya-partiya-

agreed. the only thing that looks disturbing is how those wires into the motor got pinched. it would be interesting to see if that was the case in the tear down of another batch 2 wheel

• Like 2

3 hours ago, evans036 said:

the only thing that looks disturbing is how those wires into the motor got pinched. it would be interesting to see if that was the case in the tear down of another batch 2 wheel

If the V12 had "small" hollow bearings like the latest RS, it would be perfect. These classic axles are just too small.

• Like 2

Just now, ChiWestSider said:

What kind of pedals does the 2nd shipment of V12's come with? Are they spiked? I bought some spiked ones for my V10, but I'm not going to use them on the V10 if the V12 has plain pedals. 

plain,  not spiked

• Like 1