INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

8 hours ago, Jpd said:

was very excited to receive my exn, only to have it cutout on me after 10 miles of riding. 

My V12 did broke down after 200km's. All the brands could have issues. I bought the wheel because of the ips rating and to get a silent wheel. 

V12 was a dream package, hope they can get the first batch issues cleared quick. 

19 hours ago, Jpd said:

Well, it was an awesome wheel for 10 miles.
My v11 has been awesome for over 1000, and so have all the others that I’ve had. The math just doesn’t work out for me. 

That’s one kind of math. Another goes like this: Assuming both models having already sold more than a 1000 units, your personal experience covers less than 0.1% of the lot. If your EX.n would be the only one to break that early, the failure rate would be absolutely amazing, both for an EUC as well as any mass produced item.

As a reference, the amount of GotWays that EcoDrift had done warranty repairs on a few years back was something like 15-30%. I’d consider this number much more important than what I’ve personally experienced on a single unit, no matter how much it disappointed me.

That said, while the EX and the EX.n are probably the only current wheels I haven’t had the chance to try yet, I have a really hard time seeing myself liking either of them one single bit. They just don’t add up at all with the features and specs I consider important, or crucial for comfort on an EUC.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yoos said:

another reference point are prices with and without warranty

Now that is data! I applaud the smart idea and the great detective work!

Buying without a warranty is alien to me though, since the local consumer laws clearly say that both the seller and the manufacturer must carry their responsibilities if a product doesn’t work as advertised or breaks far sooner that can reasonably be expected with normal use. So there’s no such thing as “buying without warranty“. The laws are in effect even when buying from abroad, but good luck getting any seller of any product follow up on it.

Having tried to help a local couple with their new wheel, I have once again learned that even if the seller would follow up on the warranty, shipping a wheel even to the neighboring country is so expensive that the owners are even considering getting all the cells in a faulty battery pack replaced at their own cost instead. So much for easy trade within EU.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Now that is data! I applaud the smart idea and the great detective work!

Thanks, but this data is not very precise since we do not know what the actual repair expenses are. It could be that KS and IM have great service and compensate ecodrift for warranty cases while begode considers most cases not to be warranty cases. (This is all just speculation)

Russia is also civilized enough to have warranty and customer protection. However euc warranty cases can be controversial, especially with all the loopholes built into official EUC instructions and manuals (remember the hilarious begode battery memo prohibiting charging indoors, while supplied chargers always say "only use indoors"). So in most cases manufacturers (especially ones residing in China) can find an excuse to void warranty. So it's more about reputation and long-term partnership than about the threat of legal action.

Curiously, russian laws mandates warranty protection over every products lifetime. Therefore ecodrift lists the official lifetime of all its EUCs as 1 year :D All products purchased via the ecodrift site seem to be covered by warranty and ecodrift has good reputation in this regard even helping out in cases where people bought EUCs without warranty. I would say that the "no-warranty" option offered to subscribers is in fact a "minimal warranty" option. I guess if an EUC doesn't work out of the box, they would fix it, but if your board burns after 200km they would not replace it for free.

Edited by yoos
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, lirva said:

My V12 did broke down after 200km's. All the brands could have issues. I bought the wheel because of the ips rating and to get a silent wheel. 

V12 was a dream package, hope they can get the first batch issues cleared quick. 

What went wrong with your v12?

On 9/21/2021 at 3:11 AM, Mike Roe said:

What went wrong with your v12?

Havent heard from Voltride yet. Screen, lights and bluetooth died. I'm hoping for a simple wire coming loose. I did see from euc.world data that bt connection died just after jumping over small curb while turning, so that might played a role.

And I picked Voltride just to have some warranty coverage.  In worst case deliverin the wheel to them for warranty repair is about 40€ Fuel and ferry price from Helsinki to Estonia. But they picked up the wheel so, thumbs up for now.

Edited by lirva
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Wow @Waulnut, thanks for sharing.

I'd like to have the same QC check for my unit, but I guess I might do it myself once received.
About the wiring re-arranged: is it on your unit specifically or all 270 units they checked?

eWheels update should be for all 2nd batch pre-orders.  

I wonder how will they know "all screws are present" 🤔🤔

Proper wiring and tire fitting sounds assuring. 

1 hour ago, Waulnut said:

eWheels update should be for all 2nd batch pre-orders.  

But did they check all 2nd batch wheels or only the wheels destined to eWheels customers?
I'm in Europe, and pre-ordered via a shop from Lithuania.

I wonder how will they know "all screws are present" 🤔🤔

By counting the screws left on the table? :P

Proper wiring and tire fitting sounds assuring. 

No doubt (although I plan to change the tire for a CY H666 or a H5167 quickly)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

But did they check all 2nd batch wheels or only the wheels destined to eWheels customers?
I'm in Europe, and pre-ordered via a shop from Lithuania.

Oh that's a good question. From a business aspect, I would think it only applies to eWheels shipment.

If anything, maybe it would put more pressure on inmotion to be more careful with their assembly. It shows a big reseller, eWheels, is questioning their quality which can affect their future sales. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlueCrow said:

Anyone know what's the yellow goop on the board is for? And is it required to scrape off to disconnect the cables when doing a tire change?

It is one sort of glue to keep connectors and heavy capacitors from moving. It doesn’t need to be removed for tire change.

• Like 1

Any guesses as to how long until ewheels customers in this batch receive their wheels?

My estimate:

1. between 2 and 4 weeks for container to sail to USA
  2. Add 1 week of container ship delay due to jammed ports.
  3. 270 wheels to ship, if they work 8 hour days and do 6 an hour thats 5 days of shipping
  4. 2-5 days for fedex

so maybe early November? or, optimistically, late October like eWheels has predicted.

Can the V-12 (after the phone activation) be used without  bringing my phone while riding? Would I be able to turn it on without being asked for phone verification or passwords? I am just curious, because when I ride my current wheel I don't like to bring my phone.

3 hours ago, jmsjms said:

Can the V-12 (after the phone activation) be used without  bringing my phone while riding? Would I be able to turn it on without being asked for phone verification or passwords? I am just curious, because when I ride my current wheel I don't like to bring my phone.

Yes absolutely, past the initial activation, a phone running the Inmotion app, EUC World or Darkness Bot is entirely optional.

While it's recommended to use an app for additional alarms on some wheels, because their alarms are not sufficient (Sherman) or because their beeper is too quiet (older Gotway), it's not necessarily with a V12.

Likewise, the V12 is the wheel which can be configured the most from its own touch screen interface.

So in a way, it's the wheel depending the least on a phone app when riding!

• Like 2