INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

2 hours ago, jmsjms said:

If I decide to buy the V-12, can any of the US sellers (ewheels or euco) be asked to unpackage and do pre-shipment checks on the wheel alignment issue with the V-12 that some users have been getting?

According to eWheels, the tire fitting was part of their own independent QC inspection during assembly. Whether it is a trusted QC and is successful or not, we don't know. It will be an easy inspection at least from the riders side. The wiring is more concerning, which eWheels checked as well. 

9 hours ago, jmsjms said:

If I decide to buy the V-12, can any of the US sellers (ewheels or euco) be asked to unpackage and do pre-shipment checks on the wheel alignment issue with the V-12 that some users have been getting?

I believe eWheels contracts out to a company at/by the port that unloads the containers and ships directly to you--this gets things to you faster (they don't need to ship from the port to ewheels and process things again to reship out to you) and cuts down on them storing inventory and wheels/batteries just sitting. (But which would prevent the ability to do this kind of per-unit inspection.) I imagine a great many online distributors are like this these days?

AlienRides might be an exception since they're so small and they offer optional services like sliming your tire for you for an extra fee (so obviously that means they have access to individual units before shipping), but they don't sell InMotion wheels so ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯ (apparently they just started carrying their first IM wheel w/ the V12, neat).

Edited by AtlasP

1 hour ago, AtlasP said:

AlienRides might be an exception since they're so small and they offer optional services like sliming your tire for you for an extra fee (so obviously that means they have access to individual units before shipping), but they don't sell InMotion wheels so ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯.

The V12 is up for pre-order on their website.

https://alienrides.com/collections/electric-unicycles/products/inmotion-v12-electric-unicycle-wheel

On 10/19/2021 at 3:26 PM, Paradox said:

Neat, although they don't seem to offer tire sealant for that one unlike their others? Maybe the V12s are being shipped direct-to-consumer differently than their other offerings?

Edited by AtlasP

2 hours ago, AtlasP said:

Neat, although they don't seem to offer tire sealant for that one unlike their others?

Id say it's just being new with the business and keeping website up-to-date. 

1 minute ago, jmsjms said:

One website says range 40 miles, another says range 70.... Which one is it?

With ~1800wh, wheels typically get 30-55 miles. Speed, weight, wind dependent. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

Why are the other sites misinforming then?

Real world application vs mfg tested at 15mph, light weight asian, and anything else that is not typical. 

I personally got about 50ish miles with my RS. Average speed typically 17mph. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GreyRider said:

I am getting very weary watching my wheel circle around the bay. Go Brandon!

The month end is quickly approaching. If it comes before November, prob not likely, itd be a great bday gift. 🙏🙏🙏

10 hours ago, jmsjms said:

I got my first wheel in May this year, a V10F. The first time I took it on a long ride, I got where I was going and checked the batter. It was at 44% !!!

I thought I was going to be walking. But I rode slow and careful and made it home with the battery still at 25%. That really demonstrated to me how much the battery is affected by how aggressive you ride. 

I can’t wait for the boat to park so I can see how far I can go on my V12 :)

• Like 3

On 10/20/2021 at 4:23 AM, jmsjms said:

They’re not. Determining range depends hugely on the rider. The difference between a light rider riding slow and steady or a hefty dude slamming it can be more than 100%.

That’s why announcing a riding range for any wheel is futile. There is very little difference in consumption between wheels themselves, so just compare the battery capacities with your personal Wh/mile consumption and you’ll get much closer to reality.

• Like 3