INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

3 hours ago, evans036 said:

anyone, anyone gotten a batch 2 shipping notification from ewheels yet? :dribble:

Yup. Waiting to hear back from eWheels to see if they will have the inventory picked up from port today so I can pick it up tomorrow.

Just waiting for Fedex Update!!  Got the shipping notification on Friday!  Says Wednesday delivery, but package hasn't been picked up yet.  They are suspected to get wheels from port today or tomorrow!!  Excited!!!!

Does anyone know if the braking performance on V12 has improved? I didn't see this addressed in WrongWay's recent review video, but it was mentioned in Jimmy Chang's review with Chooch as well as evX's older review.

Sorry if it was already answered, but this thread has basically become Inmotion V12 Container Ship Tracker App 

15 minutes ago, conecones said:

Does anyone know if the braking performance on V12 has improved? I didn't see this addressed in WrongWay's recent review video, but it was mentioned in Jimmy Chang's review with Chooch as well as evX's older review.

Sorry if it was already answered, but this thread has basically become Inmotion V12 Container Ship Tracker App 

I had no trouble with breaking on the v12

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, conecones said:

i THINK it was mostly addressed with the firmware update that allowed split mode (braking/accell) pedal sensitivity. did i get that right?

For me it feels similar to the V11 in terms of braking

not close to my RS HT 

I managed to get an over power screech a couple of times today on my short ride on my V12

both going forward and braking

Its not S18 terrifying though when you over torque it though

split mode is great, I love that Inmotion easily allows the rider to set up the ride feel how that like with tons of points of adjustment and while on the move too

Edited by Trevor Phillips
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, evans036 said:

i guess its all in the firmware?

Indeed, while the motor limits the max torque possible (and hence the max braking power), the torque vs tilt is governed by firmware and software. I suppose if you brake so hard that you are overpowering the wheel you will find that the V12 brakes better (i.e. it gets overpowered at a higher torque demand).

Edited by yoos
  • Like 2

On 11/6/2021 at 7:45 AM, Richardo said:

Takeaways:

* Plastics are modular, and separate from electronics, which should make them easy to replace

I was happy to see that, cus I had a crazy speed wobble a couple days ago and the side of my V12 took some damage :crying:

On that note, I've contacted several Canadian companies: Eevee's, VanEUC, and SmartWheel; all of them did not receive replacement parts for the V12 in their most recent batches. They don't anticipate receiving any replacement parts before the new year. That being said,  be very careful out there cus you could be waiting a while for spare parts!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BongoFlip said:

I was happy to see that, cus I had a crazy speed wobble a couple days ago and the side of my V12 took some damage :crying:

On that note, I've contacted several Canadian companies: Eevee's, VanEUC, and SmartWheel; all of them did not receive replacement parts for the V12 in their most recent batches. They don't anticipate receiving any replacement parts before the new year. That being said,  be very careful out there cus you could be waiting a while for spare parts!

Dang,  a wipe out already 😳 

7 hours ago, Trevor Phillips said:

For me it feels similar to the V11 in terms of braking

not close to my RS HT 

I managed to get an over power screech a couple of times today on my short ride on my V12

both going forward and braking

Its not S18 terrifying though when you over torque it though

split mode is great, I love that Inmotion easily allows the rider to set up the ride feel how that like with tons of points of adjustment and while on the move too

Thanks for the comparison. Do you recall if pedal settings for braking was set to soft to aid braking or firm?

I'm mostly considering this wheel to replace a Nikola+ as an all weather commuter wheel that can also do a bit of offroading (high pedals) but braking is a key factor. On soft/medium, I can really crank the Nikola+ on braking and stop pretty fast, comparable to RS HT on hard mode doing full squat. Overall, fast braking allows more safety margin to go faster in bursts and speed up the commute time :efee47c9c8:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silverfish said:

roll.nz doesn't produce a cover for the v12 at the moment. I sent them a message asking them if they plan to, but haven't seen a reply yet. Is there usually a lead time before they start making them? 

edit - they replied and said they will be doing one, but only just got their v12, and it will be a few weeks away.

Your towel/tape armor has been serving me well so far!

Thank you for the information.

I guess @The Fat Unicyclistis like the rest of us. He has to get a V12 in his hands before he can make anything for it. I was lucky. I got help from someone in the UK with a V12 months ago. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your guy's input on settings.  I was hoping people would post their setups for everyone to try.  I figured I'd go with Off-road and fine tune from there.  Really cool how you can really dial in the feel to your liking.  Can't wait for Thursday to tinker and get a feel for the V12 in front of my house, then weather clears up Friday, Saturday, & Sunday for some real fun!!!!

P.S.  Can you change the speedometer to Mph?  I wanna say I heard someone say to hold down the Kmph and the option for Mph would be available.  Can either of you confirm?

Edited by SicFox

Yea hold the screen down

that was in a firmware update 

also my Gotway MSX/RS seat works like it was made for this wheel!

i have to trim it slightly but it rides great

https://youtube.com/shorts/I63cy2YGxo4?feature=share

video of it

B7AC87DA-3212-4502-8CAE-EF5BD3FDDAB3.jpeg

14 hours ago, BongoFlip said:

Eevee's, VanEUC, and SmartWheel; all of them did not receive replacement parts for the V12 in their most recent batches. They don't anticipate receiving any replacement parts before the new year.

It's been 2 months since I rode my V12, waiting for parts. Inmotion keeps pushing the delivery date. But interesting to see are there any screen issues like I had.

• Like 1