INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

11 minutes ago, Chester Copperpot said:

checked the battery information and it says that battery 1 is 87 volts and is disabled

12 minutes ago, Chester Copperpot said:

sure hope there is some kind of reset procedure.

Battery will likely be replaced by ewheels, but there isn't any replacement parts right now i think. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 11:23 AM, Wuffenstare said:

Yo, meet too👎🏽 I payed to extra shipping and it was meant to be here on the 11th. I got a call yesterday after tracking said it was in the truck for delivery…they couldn’t work it out for some reason and took it OFF THE TRUCK and pushed delivery back until Monday…when the office in which it was meant to be delivered is closed. 
a similar thing is happening with another package. 
fedex is really dropping the ball for me lately….I’ve had thing delivered with no problems for years… that’ll teach me to fallow ships with anticipation. 

Same here, bummer. They actually moved my delivery UP one day to today and then pushed it back to Monday, now it's moved to Tuesday. Weird thing is it shows on the truck for delivery today. Maybe my driver opened it up and decided he'd take up a new hobby. Oh well, as long as I get to try it once or twice before the weather in the midwest goes to complete crap I'll be happy.

2 hours ago, Chester Copperpot said:

Oh wow, now I have a real problem with this new V12. I went to ride it after charging overnight and it said it was only at 67%.

I then noticed a small warning icon on the touch screen. Touching it showed a popup saying some batteries have been disabled and this may affect performance.

In the app, I ran the diagnostic and it said everything was good. I then checked the battery information and it says that battery 1 is 87 volts and is disabled. Battery 2 says 100.1 volts and is enabled.

I emailed ewheels. I sure hope there is some kind of reset procedure. I so dread having to deal with sending it back and going through FedEx hell again. 

oh no...not liking these early problem stories for this V12 batch :o (very small sample size to be fair)

Edited by wheel-life

It seems there is always early batch issues with wheels. My first two were good, a 16s after they had been out for a yr and an mcm5 after those had been out for about a yr. I got the RSHT right away when it came out and my first one was replaced by ewheels after about 75 miles, the bearings were not aligned, or there was too much free play causing them to make a knocking noise. 

The replacement was and still is great with over 1600 miles on it. 

I'm very interested in replacing both my 16s and MCM5 with a V12 for commuting and shopping trips but I'll be waiting for the growing pains to be ironed out. It really looks like a great wheel for that kind of use, then the RS can become my off road only wheel. 

Hello, everyone, my v12 arrived yesterday but I only get chance to unbox and set it up today. Takes me 30 mins to set everything from phone to the wheel. 
I’m blasted by the sound wave it’s just so cool to fly with this wheel. Also I came from king song 16x so this is significant heavier. Will put guard strip and power pad thru next week.

anyone has good idea how to mount large tail light? I have a smart taillight with automatic brake and turning signal but it’s as wide as the wheel itself. The best I can come now is to put it under the end of trolly handle and then fix the trolly handle with Velcro strip when riding (will do this anyway I don’t really want the handle accidentally hit my under :).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chester Copperpot said:

Oh wow, now I have a real problem with this new V12.

I emailed ewheels. I sure hope there is some kind of reset procedure. I so dread having to deal with sending it back and going through FedEx hell again. 

Could be worse... if you had bought a Gotway EUC the wheel and everything around it - like your house or apartment - would be a burned, blackened, smoking ruin now :mellow:

Edited by mhpr262

18 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

I’ve mentioned this for some time that the stock tire tracks any inconsistent line in the pavement, including paint lines.  It also wobbles wildly at hard braking from speed. I was still enjoying the v12 then but it certainly took time to understand it’s characteristics … I changed the tire to the H666 and now the wheel really preforms beautifully. It’s really worth the effort….

Agreed. It took time to get familiar w/ a wheel. So far I’ve no complaint abt the tire. I’m new rider though, only 2500 miles on 16x. My test ride today topped at 30mph. No road tracking behavior from wheel itself. The acceleration is not as hard as 16x but the stability at high speed and maneuverability is superior to 16x.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

What happened to the original soundwave and why isn't that fixed yet? Anyone have any info on that?

An Inmotion employee created a poll for people to comment on which one they like the most. My guess was correct, ALL (40) votes voted for the original sound!

The employee said to discuss this with the firmware team. Hopefully we’ll hear about it at some point, and that the next firmware would go back to the roots.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

An Inmotion employee created a poll for people to comment on which one they like the most. My guess was correct, ALL (40) votes voted for the original sound!

The employee said to discuss this with the firmware team. Hopefully we’ll hear about it at some point, and that the next firmware would go back to the roots.

I would take a Harley sound as default for us Apple folk who don't have the pleasure of using EUC world ahah

Edited by EUCandME

got mine today too, whew! charging up now. one thing i noticed is how much wobble there is in the tire when i spun it by hand (this is after I had trouble keeping it straight with the trolley, it would just veersharply off in one direction or another after a few feet...maybe that's what the posters above meant about how easily this tire tracks on its own?).

Anyway, i've seen a post or YT video talking about how to reseat the tire better at some pt...anyone know where i can find that?

just got my wheel tonight. not happy...

at first it was fine. took it for a ride around the block (.5 mile)

turned it off.

would not power back on.

can still connect via bluetooth

and when charging screen does power up. i see an error in the wheel display as follows:

20211115_192035.thumb.jpg.fae94c64c1dfb6fb6474bc34c3ee7a56.jpg

20211115_192042.thumb.jpg.23eaa78b2c1a2d1251d8e113fcff7eaf.jpg

20211115_192048.thumb.jpg.2b81a535efcf186b1b0143a6d5560276.jpg

i also see this the batteries activated status is disabled according to the inmotion app:

Screenshot_20211115-193127_InMotion.thumb.jpg.21ab193e577cb9ab1ca9e2b2af1bf4c7.jpg

i have contacted ewheels to get their opinion. thoughts anyone?

thanks in advance.

steve

Edited by evans036
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, evans036 said:

turned it off.

would not power back on.

and when charging screen does power up. i see an error in the wheel display as follows:

i also see this the batteries activated status is disabled according to the inmotion app:

Screenshot_20211115-193127_InMotion.thumb.jpg.21ab193e577cb9ab1ca9e2b2af1bf4c7.jpg

thanks in advance.

steve

Just a thought.... did you fully charge it when it arrived, or have you tried since?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Just a thought.... did you fully charge it when it arrived, or have you tried since?

i have not fully charged it. i am concerned it might be dangerous to fully charge if its having battery issues. 

perhaps i am being too cautious?

thanks for the advice.

steve

Edited by evans036
typo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, evans036 said:

i have not fully charged it. i am concerned it might be dangerous to fully change if its having battery issues. 

perhaps i am being too cautious?

thanks for the advice.

steve

I make a habit of fully charging everything I buy, before powering it up. Of coure, I've been known to not be cautious enough. I'd plug the damn thing in and just keep an eye on it while doing so. Maybe not charge it next to the TnT shed. Surely you wont be faulted for any issues, merely by trying to charge it. Whatever you do, you must realize that even considering my advice, is typically a bad idea....:eff02be2d7:

Rest assured, e-wheels will come to help(they'll answer your email). Just be patient for them, as its been a helluvah last quarter with their team.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

Not good to see two dead batteries coming in this shipment already! Mine got here today and I am just in love with it. I started with a Z10 and then had an S18. 

I saw a comment about the wheel wanting to go all over the place earlier...I think it comes down to rider experience. You keep a loose stance, but stay firm over those pedals and keep a flat line, you are golden. I like that it wants to go all over the place, good for carving and pivoting. The S18, and even the Nikola as well both like to go in a straight line.

2 hours ago, evans036 said:

turned it off.

would not power back on.

thanks in advance.

steve

Try charging it. Then try to turn it on. If it comes on, pick it up without the kill button let it spin and kill itself. Turn it off, turn it back on. 

My buddies wheel is all good. Just needed to plug in for a second. Which I find strange, and wouldn SUCK on a trail. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, evans036 said:

ok, thanks. i have it back on the charger now. should be fully charged by the morning.

i see how it goes then and let you all know.

thanks,

steve

hopefully charging it somewhere safe if you're gonna let it go overnight.