INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

7 hours ago, wheel-life said:

one thing i noticed is how much wobble there is in the tire when i spun it by hand

“Much” is a relative word, but if you could shoot and show us a video about it, we could assess if it looks normal or not.

7 hours ago, wheel-life said:

Anyway, i've seen a post or YT video talking about how to reseat the tire better at some pt...anyone know where i can find that?

This is a decent guide for exactly that:

5 hours ago, evans036 said:

and when charging screen does power up. i see an error in the wheel display as follows:

The first thing I’d do as well is to fully charge up the wheel. The batteries have zero charge cycles in them to settle them down after assembly, storage and transport. Charging them to full gives the BMS a chance to balance the cell groups, and the mainboard to balance the two battery packs.

There are zero V12 related battery fires reported anywhere in the world, so I wouldn’t bite my nails over it. It’s kind of a Gotway thing after all.

2 hours ago, Steef Klonoa said:

Not good to see two dead batteries coming in this shipment already!

You are jumping the gun rather fast, the batteries on the above wheel are certainly not dead.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, evans036 said:

just got my wheel tonight. not happy...

at first it was fine. took it for a ride around the block (.5 mile)

turned it off.

would not power back on.

can still connect via bluetooth

and when charging screen does power up. i see an error in the wheel display as follows:

i also see this the batteries activated status is disabled according to the inmotion app:

i have contacted ewheels to get their opinion. thoughts anyone?

thanks in advance.

steve

I think the manual said to charge it for at least 3 hours before taking it for a ride. Let's hope a full night on the charger solves your issue.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mrelwood said:

An Inmotion employee created a poll for people to comment on which one they like the most. My guess was correct, ALL (40) votes voted for the original sound!

The employee said to discuss this with the firmware team. Hopefully we’ll hear about it at some point, and that the next firmware would go back to the roots.

Haha ok I thought it was a bug, everyone thought it sounded horrendous but someone actually made it as an intentional change. 😂

2 hours ago, Sergey Sh. said:

For every V12, while charging the wheel, the inmotion application always shows this info about the batteries "activated status is disabled", it's because the batteries are charging. When the charger is not connected "activated status" of the batteries changes to "enabled".

In my case, I have the one battery disabled at 87v after charging for nearly 24 hours (in my shop in a safe area).

When I first got it, I plugged it in for a few hours, then took it for a short test run. It was 60something percent when I started and 50something percent when I stopped. I then plugged it back in until the next day.

I didn’t notice if I had the warning icon or not on the first day. I noticed it on the second day when I turned it on and it wasn’t fully charged. I initially thought I’d maybe bumped the cord loose or something but then I touched the warning icon and saw the battery disabled message. 

Edited by Chester Copperpot

10 hours ago, evans036 said:

ok, thanks. i have it back on the charger now. should be fully charged by the morning.

i see how it goes then and let you all know.

thanks,

steve

Update?

52 minutes ago, No1up said:

Update?

i wussed out last night and stopped the charging. restarted it this morning. voltage is now 100.3 on both batteries. charger light has turned green.

not sure if there is still battery balancing going on.

the wheel will still not powerup.

maybe wait another hour in case its waiting for balancing to complete.

**sigh**

steve

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mrelwood said:

“Much” is a relative word, but if you could shoot and show us a video about it, we could assess if it looks normal or not

Thanks for that video. Good point about it being relative, I do feel my tire wobbles worse than the one in the video but might be hard to tell on video so who knows...I'll try to get a clip of it before I try fixing the way it's seated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evans036 said:

i wussed out last night and stopped the charging. restarted it this morning. voltage is now 100.3 on both batteries. charger light has turned green.

not sure if there is still battery balancing going on.

the wheel will still not powerup.

maybe wait another hour in case its waiting for balancing to complete.

**sigh**

steve

And you're standing it up straight when pressing the power button? 

• Like 2

It fully charged at like 10pm last night- 100.2V 

So I got a perfect one!

Took it on a little dog walk ride, and tried to learn the new wheel a bit. Makes me realize what a newb I still am! Also- heavy!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, No1up said:

And you're standing it up straight when pressing the power button? 

yes. it did work when i first got it, but not now.

i have been in touch with ewheels. they have already sent me a shipping label to have it returned to their facility for assessment. awesome customer service btw

steve

• Like 2

Quick question…received my v12 on Monday. Charged to 100%, rides beautifully, everything seems good…except it is showing my remaining mileage as 22 miles (I rode it .5 miles)…is this anything to be concerned about? I did a “diagnose” and everything is marked as good.

thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Don M. Schiewer said:

remaining mileage as 22 miles

What does it say for battery voltage? If "100%" means 100.8v, then if everything is working properly a half mile ride should leave you in the very very high 90v range... unless your half mile was at 40 mph up the side of Mt. Everest towing a sled loaded with oxygen tanks and an IMAX film crew.

• Like 3

I bought my broken V12 from EUCO and now that I am having problems with it they have completely ghosted me. Before the shipment came in they were replying to my emails very promptly, but now that it needs a repair they won't respond and I can't find a phone number anywhere

yo I got my wheel the other day. Some small learning things. I’ve probably put 20 miles on it. I say probably because I can’t seem to get the app to show me my tracks…

is it just me or does the app suck more the. It used to?

ive not been on a wheel for a few years and was pretty impressed with my self as well as the wheel to be honest. I’ve got my speed alarm set at 30 mph and I’m surprised at how quickly I get there. I kinda figured I’d be saying around 20…wrong. 
a few wobbles but that’s on me. I’ll probably be getting some power pads if I can find something I like….or just get better. I like the clean look best. 

so far I regret nothing….aside from the F*#@ing app. Will some one help a guy out? For some reason DarknessBot messes with my music so I’ve been staying away from it. 

1 hour ago, SavySaySay said:

I bought my broken V12 from EUCO and now that I am having problems with it they have completely ghosted me. Before the shipment came in they were replying to my emails very promptly, but now that it needs a repair they won't respond and I can't find a phone number anywhere

So I finally got a hold of someone through their chat bot. They say the control board needs to be replaced, but they don't have any in stock and the wheel is so new I can't find any control boards for sale anywhere else. Also instead of me sending my wheel to them for fixing they are just going to send me a board( who knows when) and let me do the repair itself. This has been such a disappointing endeavor. 

3 minutes ago, SavySaySay said:

So I finally got a hold of someone through their chat bot. They say the control board needs to be replaced, but they don't have any in stock and the wheel is so new I can't find any control boards for sale anywhere else. Also instead of me sending my wheel to them for fixing they are just going to send me a board( who knows when) and let me do the repair itself. This has been such a disappointing endeavor. 

It's unfortunate but supply issue reaches far and wide. I don't think any supplier received parts with the wheel shipment. Ewheels approximated a couple months until they get parts.

But I think control board was an issue for some early batches too. I am curious what's the cause.