INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

2 hours ago, lirva said:

Uu lalaa V12 came back with new mainboad and display after 2 months.

I guess it's riding in pitch black waiting for black ice faceplant for the next 4 months.

image.png.b03bbaa47ee58f7fd7422111bbfd7731.png

How much are the houses in the california?  

Celsius or Fahrenheit?

Received my V12 today. It's on the charger... I'm anxiously watching that number go up until I can ride (probably tomorrow unfortunately). Interestingly it wasn't in transport mode when it arrived - does transport mode automatically get deactivated when you connect bluetooth or did they forget to activate?

6 hours ago, enlightened0ne said:

Received my V12 today. It's on the charger... I'm anxiously watching that number go up until I can ride (probably tomorrow unfortunately). Interestingly it wasn't in transport mode when it arrived - does transport mode automatically get deactivated when you connect bluetooth or did they forget to activate?

Enjoy!

just don't update the firmware over iOS (which should not be possible at this point anyway as inmotion told me yesterday)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, enlightened0ne said:

He's from Finland. We only do Celsius here in Europe so it's not THAT bad, but it's below freezing so as he said, there might be ice on the roads

• Like 1

7 hours ago, enlightened0ne said:

i THINK i read putting it on the charger causes it to get out of transport mode

• Like 2

I haven't gone through all the replies, so maybe this has already been touched on. I was walking my V12 and I stepped off a curb with it, when the wheel landed on the ground beside me, it did a little bounce and turned off. Now I can hear something loose inside the wheel. I've already sent it to the shop I got it from to have it looked at, but what I troubleshooted before doing so is the following: I could only turn the wheel on if it was parked and charging on it's kickstand, but I could connect my phone and everything. I even did the diagnosis, but it said that everything was fine with the wheel, I uploaded the log but it didn't download anything so I assume it sends it straight to inmotion. I let the battery charge to 100% then left it another couple of hours to try and balance the batteries, but that made no difference. Battery was also charging fine and to the proper voltage. I later found out that putting it in transport mode allowed me to turn the wheel on while upright. The second I turned off transport mode, it immediately shut down again. It seems to have something to do with the motor engaging that just shuts off the machine. I let the V12 sit for 24hrs too before trying to turn it back on again and same thing. I'm just glad I was only walking the wheel and not riding it, or for all I know I could ended up very seriously injured. :/ 

10 minutes ago, ESB said:

Sounds extremely similar to this: 

Yep, it is actually exactly that. To add I was also on firmware 1.5.0 and I had done the update probably 2 days prior. Kickstand didn't get caught on the top step. But it did get a jolt when it landed on the ground. It seems it may be a bug with this firmware that makes it very easy to damage the control board for some reason? Especially since all of these seem to be happening recently, makes sense that it would have to do with that firmware update. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chester Copperpot said:

I put it back together and tried charging it and it worked. Once battery 1 was fully charged, it enabled it and the alert went away.

That is good news!

4 hours ago, Chester Copperpot said:

Incidentally, the batteries have an internal circuit that switches it to around 4 volts when not plugged into the wheel and turned on. 

The XT90i connector that is used here has two small pins for data transfer, so the board and the BMS both know whether the battery is connected or not. It does make sense that the connector won’t receive the full voltage from the battery if it’s not connected.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 4:50 PM, Planemo said:

Afeez from erides had water in his display too after riding in rain.

A solution is to not ride in the rain, it may have some ip ratings, but still...

On 11/25/2021 at 8:30 PM, Jesús Parrilla said:

It seems that they have made possible a dream for many with this piece of project and finally people are already receiving the inmotion V12

It seems that these soft pads also for the parts of the legs can come in handy.

Ordered the Russian one's like the ones in page1

Still waiting for them..

10 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Una solución es no conducir bajo la lluvia, puede tener algunas clasificaciones de ip, pero aún así ...

Pedí los rusos como los de la página 1

Todavía los estoy esperando ...

They usually take time but don't worry because bequeathing, it arrives 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jesús Parrilla said:

They usually take time but don't worry because bequeathing, it arrives 

I'm just anxious cause in the photo they sent me over telegram, my phone wasn't on the voucher.. :-/

Anyways, we will see.. ;) 

3 hours ago, JordanEUC said:

If you get too impatient or just want a spare set of pads, there is a good set of Jump Pads on amazon prime for only $80. They work great on the V12, and they dont make it look too ugly with the 3d printed ridge lines on the "expensive pads" :laughbounce2:. They might look narrow but they lock in right above your toes and ankle. They work great, I can actually jump the wheel on flat ground with them. The width is great for the lower part of your leg. Im probably going to make a video about them but haven't got around to it yet. Everyone out there spending $150 plus shipping for the 3d printed pads, I just couldn't do it lol.

I looked at the link for aliexpress in your other post... Seems like very similar pads... Just more expensive and slow shipping :ObKSrl54.jpg

Thank you but can't just buy from the US.. I'm located in Greece 🇬🇷 

That $80 order will get here in like 1+ months and also get extra +24% Vat thru customs, and maybe an extra custom fee 😢😔😵

But I got creative, bought some yoga blocks yesterday will cut them properly, I'll get some velcro from the store and that is it 😉🤘💪 total cost like 4€ 😅😮👌

Edited by Lefteris
Yoga blocks
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

Thank you but can't just buy from the US.. I'm located in Greece 🇬🇷 

That $80 order will get here in like 1+ months and also get extra +24% Vat thru customs, and maybe an extra custom fee 😢😔😵

oh bummer. I found the same ones on ebay shipping from china, along with a lot of other pads. Not sure if thats any better for you. Being in the US, I order from amazon UK and and amazon Japan as well. They make it easy. A lot of times the japan packages get here as fast as packages shipped from my own country. Probably not the same for you I guess. The ones I bought are from "Magchic" but I think thats the chicway logo, or green fashion, or whatever :lol:. Generic pads but they work well. I dropped the wheel twice trying to ride seated and was surprised the pads still look brand new. Protected the wheel as well.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 10:30 PM, mrelwood said:

Come on now, stud up the tire and you won’t even notice the winter!

Nah it's pretty tight tyre clearace so i will leavit alone. I will make one for the next 18-20 inch wheel i'll promise. B)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, conecones said:

So much talk about the high pedal height and its supposed consequences, on one of the first/only wheels that lets you adjust this easily. Why not drop 'em down if you don't like it and then see how much of your findings are due to pedal height versus something else--i.e. either establish or eliminate pedal height as the culprit.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

So much talk about the high pedal height and its supposed consequences, on one of the first/only wheels that lets you adjust this easily. Why not drop 'em down if you don't like it and then see how much of your findings are due to pedal height versus something else--i.e. either establish or eliminate pedal height as the culprit.

The only other wheel I’ve ridden is my V10F. I moved my V12 pedals down to the lowest setting and that puts them even with the height of the V10F which, if I understand correctly, has fairly tall pedals.

It improved stability but still is much harder for me to control than the V10F. I feel like I’m learning all over again. I really didn’t expect it to be so different. I’m learning to push with my shins. I ride my old wheel without my shins touching the wheel much and that doesn’t work for me with this new wheel. Moving my Sai pads to the new wheel was a must. 

The V10F also has flat pedals and I really dislike the slanted V12 pedal. I find them very uncomfortable. I want to replace them with flat pedals but really don’t know what’s available yet. 

• Like 1