INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

20 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

So much talk about the high pedal height and its supposed consequences, on one of the first/only wheels that lets you adjust this easily. Why not drop 'em down if you don't like it and then see how much of your findings are due to pedal height versus something else--i.e. either establish or eliminate pedal height as the culprit.

Maybe it came off wrong but I actually prefer the higher pedals. I will gladly sacrifice some stability at lower speeds for increased turning radius and less fear of scraping at higher speeds. I'm sure the height will also alter other riding characteristics but I understand there will always be pros & cons of each setting. I've already made up my mind pedal clearance is most important for me and the ride characteristic already feels very safe at high speed so I don't see a need to change atm. I don't attribute braking wobbles to pedal height because the Nikola can also wobble occasionally, whereas the RS is on another level of stability.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Chester Copperpot said:

The only other wheel I’ve ridden is my V10F. I moved my V12 pedals down to the lowest setting and that puts them even with the height of the V10F which, if I understand correctly, has fairly tall pedals.

It improved stability but still is much harder for me to control than the V10F. I feel like I’m learning all over again. I really didn’t expect it to be so different. I’m learning to push with my shins. I ride my old wheel without my shins touching the wheel much and that doesn’t work for me with this new wheel. Moving my Sai pads to the new wheel was a must. 

The V10F also has flat pedals and I really dislike the slanted V12 pedal. I find them very uncomfortable. I want to replace them with flat pedals but really don’t know what’s available yet. 

There are actually a lot of variables to potentially conflate here: pedal height, pedal slant, tire width, overall weight, etc, etc. To start to draw any real conclusions you'd need to have more experience with a wider range of wheels with different characteristics to try to isolate the various variables.

Most riders find themselves 'relearning how to ride' and feeling unconfident/unstable when first moving from their first, smaller wheel to a much larger & heavier wheel. I'd be hesitant to attribute that experience to any singular variable currently being discussed. (Although if I had to pick one, I'd say overall weight is most likely the single biggest culprit.)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

i am coming from an inmotion V8 to the V12.

for starters i will mostly ride sealed roads/greenways without doing super tight turns.
i initially want stability in the wheel.

am i correct in assuming i should move the pedals to the lowest setting?

I am a little concerned since a heard someone say the lower peddle setting can induce wobbles on braking.

what do you guys think?

50 minutes ago, evans036 said:
am i correct in assuming i should move the pedals to the lowest setting?

I am a little concerned since a heard someone say the lower peddle setting can induce wobbles on braking.

what do you guys think?

Like atlasP mentioned above, there are a lot of variables— i think another one is “individual rider style”

You should experiment with all the different settings, and i think its a great idea to start low. That also helps you deal with the weight of the wheel when acclimating to it , too.

InMotion made it easy to change the height! Only takes an allen wrench and 10 minutes tops. 

An underrated benefit of the adjustable pedals is to allow one to learn your personal preferences for different pedal heights without having to buy multiple wheels or find people with various wheels and borrow them!

Edited by Richardo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lefteris said:

In order to remedy that "slated" state, is to install them and switch to medium on the wheel?

The height is adjusted by bolting the hinge to one of 3 locations. The pedal angle is a function of how the pedal attaches to the hinge. Therefore the hinge location has no impact on the pedal angle.

As I think about this, I realize to get flat pedals probably requires a new hinge rather than new pedals. I did go ahead and order the honeycomb pedals anyway, just to see how they feel. 

Edited by Chester Copperpot
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chester Copperpot said:

As I think about this, I realize to get flat pedals probably requires a new hinge rather than new pedals. 

...or a metal file/grinder to the pedal or hanger could get you there.  It might compromise durability though.

If you still have the V10F, maybe the pedals can be swapped over?

Edited by Grimm10

Is there any chance any of you take photos of the wheel menu while having the latest firmware so i can make a guide for the forum and for the new riders?

And if also can provide screenshot from the app while connected to the wheel it'll be great!

On 11/30/2021 at 7:16 AM, Grimm10 said:

...or a metal file/grinder to the pedal or hanger could get you there.  It might compromise durability though.

If you still have the V10F, maybe the pedals can be swapped over?

The V10F is quite different, unfortunately. I could get a new V12 hinge made at a machine shop and then file it down if it keeps bothering me enough. I don’t want to modify the original. What is more likely to happen is I’ll just get use to it :)

Hi All, new V12 owner here, it's my first e-anything, and I'm loving it. Blown away. I like it so much I created a V12 subreddit on reddit, only because it's the only social media I use/know. Anyway, I just wanted to share a couple things - here's my version of the "baby-proofing edge guards" : https://www.reddit.com/r/InMotionV12/comments/r6v34d/protective_strips/ 

Also I was hoping to get some feedback on how peoples' "remaining mileage" figure is acting. Mine started at 100 mi (full charge) which seemed ridiculous, then dropped to 14 miles after like 30 min of learning, and it's been there ever since. Not sure what to think about it.

-John

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yayinterwebs said:

Also I was hoping to get some feedback on how peoples' "remaining mileage" figure is acting

Don't bother with that stat. Voltage will give you a better idea of mileage available after riding a while. On average, you should get approx 45-50 miles with casual cruising. Riding consistent above 20 mph will drain more of course. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yayinterwebs said:

how peoples' "remaining mileage" figure is acting

someone else just posted about the mileage remaining getting stuck at 'lower than makes sense", my money is on a bug in the app. Try DarknessBot (iOS) or EUC World (Android) and compare.

23 minutes ago, Waulnut said:

Voltage will give you a better idea of mileage available after riding a while

100% true that. It's an estimate, but vastly more informative than trying to guesstimate 'mileage' because there are a boat load of factors that will determine how far you get.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Waulnut said:

Don't bother with that stat. Voltage will give you a better idea of mileage available after riding a while. On average, you should get approx 45-50 miles with casual cruising. Riding consistent above 20 mph will drain more of course. 

50 miles with the V12??

i get aprox. 25miles with my V10 - 650wh battery riding at 30Km/h average. So with a 1750wh battery like the V12, i hope more than 50miles!!!

Edited by Djal

3 minutes ago, Djal said:

i get aprox. 25miles with my V10 - 650wh battery riding at 30Km/h average. So with a 1750wh battery like the V12, i hope more than 50miles!!!

If you ride that slow then yeah you'll get more then 50, speed can eat up a lot of range I only get around 30miles on my RS which has the same size batter as the V12.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Djal said:

50 miles with the V12??

You can't compare the wheelsl like that, it's the extra weight, the 2500 motor.. 

1 hour ago, Silver said:

If you ride that slow then yeah you'll get more then 50, speed can eat up a lot of range I only get around 30miles on my RS which has the same size batter as the V12.

Only 30 miles on a V12?? most of weelers do not go that fast i think....

4 hours ago, Djal said:

Only 30 miles on a V12?? most of weelers do not go that fast i think....

I went from about 89% to ~50 battery going 20 mph average, 29 mph top speed, 20 miles trip. I didn't check my starting/ending voltage so I can't provide that detail. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Djal said:

Ok, but even that i think i will get at least 70 miles on my v12..

Won't happen. Expect a range of 35-40 miles (55-65kms). This is from 100% to about 10%. You might get 50 miles if you have the patience to go very slow, like slower than casual cycling speed.

11 hours ago, Djal said:

50 miles with the V12??

More fuel required to go faster, stronger etc.   If you drive the same speed you went on the v10, it still wouldn’t get the same mileage per wh.    You would have to drive slow and accelerate slowly and brake slowly to get close. Also cold weather it’s a little worse. 

Riding casually on my v12, accelerating and braking smoothly, I got about 1km per battery percentage point.  Went from 100%- 20% and rode 79km.    I weigh 250pds, and rarely went over 35km/hr to achieve this.   
      Meanwhile I have riden 50km on my old kingsong 16s doing slow trail riding with a group of people.    On my kingsong 16x I have gone 75km riding steady and slow too.  If I step on it the whole way it gets cut down big time. 

Range is very subjective to weight, riding style, speed, and weather.   Everybody gets different ranges out of the same unit.  I have tested this with many different friends riding my other units. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Djal said:

50 miles with the V12??

As you can see, people’s range figures vary wildly. You are only familiar with your own data. For example:

9 hours ago, conecones said:

Expect a range of 35-40 miles (55-65kms).

… is the range I (103kg) get on my V11, which has only a 1500Wh battery. My range varies between 40-70km depending on the day and the time of the year. And I don’t even vary my riding style very much.

Range is very subjective to weight, riding style, speed, and weather.   Everybody gets different ranges out of the same unit.

Exactly, that sums it up well. Added with when each rider considers the range to end. Some consider the range to be done with when the wheel starts to limit their speedoholism, and others may ride until tilt-back at a walking speed.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2