INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

Vibrations cause damage to nerves and blood vessels of jackhammer operators.

Vibrations suspected in cyclists suffering scrotal damage.

Sources cited.

Damage can be cumulative, not noticeable.  Riders for enjoyment, low kilometres, possible damage is not acute yet.

Research constantly undertaken to increase knowledge and understanding.  Hazards may sometimes be realised later in time... asbestos example.

Adapting or getting used to pain does not mean a problem is resolved or ceases to exist.  People get used to smoking after a few attempts.

Conversely, some members do report existing pain problems seem to be eased with EUC riding.

Think Paulo stated that the non suspension wheel had a therapeutic effect more than the suspension wheel.

15 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Vibrations cause damage to nerves and blood vessels of jackhammer operators.

Vibrations suspected in cyclists suffering scrotal damage.

Sources cited.

Damage can be cumulative, not noticeable.  Riders for enjoyment, low kilometres, possible damage is not acute yet.

Research constantly undertaken to increase knowledge and understanding.  Hazards may sometimes be realised later in time... asbestos example.

Adapting or getting used to pain does not mean a problem is resolved or ceases to exist.  People get used to smoking after a few attempts.

Conversely, some members do report existing pain problems seem to be eased with EUC riding.

Think Paulo stated that the non suspension wheel had a therapeutic effect more than the suspension wheel.

Sure, but the couch is more dangerous. You get bed soars, back problems and heart attacks .
… Sources say -   “If you ain’t living you’re dying.” “ If you don’t use it you lose it” … 

Suspension is nice but if you don’t need it non suspension will likely just make you stronger. 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, EUCandME said:

I have noticed that at some point you have owned a V10. Could you care to share if the V10 and the V12 are similar rides feel/style? 

V12 is different ride from the V10. V10 is actually quite light and skinnier, of course due to battery size. Both are maneuverable in their own ways, but the v12 is top heavy so it can be a bit of a surprise to someone with less experience at first. Build quality from the outside is the same, Solidly built and it looks well put together. V12 has greatly improved headlight of course too. 

It is better to compare a V12 to a Nikola for performance, but I haven't tried a Nikola so I can't comment. 

• Like 2

On 11/18/2021 at 1:00 AM, EUCandME said:

I'm not sure about the v12 but with the v10F it is difficult to calibrate the wheel using a level  as you have to use the front of the wheel and lean it on the ground in order to calibrate. ... video showing turning calibration ... I get what you are saying about the wheel being overall level however typically in offroad mode the wheel can start off level but gradually lean back as you ride faster. 

Rather than using a level app, a rider could try riding forwards with the EUC facing forwards, stop, turn the EUC 180 and try riding forwards again with the EUC facing backwards to see if the pedal tilt feels different. If the pedal tilt feels the same with the EUC facing forwards and backwards, then it's a least close to 0 degrees pedal tilt. After that, a rider can adjust pedal tilt base on rider preference.

The video you posted, "turning and forwarding calibration" is used to avoid pedal dip in turns. It doesn't seem to affect the overall pedal tilt on my V8F.

I'm using commute mode.

Edited by rcgldr
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 7:33 PM, Flying W said:

... I got the RSHT right away when it came out and my first one was replaced by ewheels after about 75 miles, the bearings were not aligned, or there was too much free play causing them to make a knocking noise. ...

For anyone who experienced the issue of "bearings not being aligned" resulting in a knocking noise, does the knocking noise happen continuously while traveling forward, or does it only happen when doing pendulums (back and forth)?

I feel a knock in the v12 sometimes when sitting on it (at a standstill), making it shift forward and backward repeatedly. I can feel it happen sometimes when one foot is on its pedal and the other foot is on the ground (e.g. while waiting for a traffic light). I'm not good at doing pendulums yet, so I haven't test this scenario.

My KS 14M and onewheel xr and pint don't exhibit this sort of knocking. In all other areas, after 250km, and two weeks of ownership, the v12 has performed very well. I'm guessing what I described above is normal behavior, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for any feedback!

• Like 1

@SkyBeardfor me it was an rpm based knock. The faster I went the faster it knocked. The wheel went about 7 miles before the bearings went out of alignment. I turned off a bike path to sit down on a bench and the pavement has a small maybe 2in drop off onto the dirt. I think hitting this while leaned into a turn is what moved the bearings. 

I'm pretty sure the motor covers just had a little too much play. The replacement has taken a lot of off-road abuse and it rides as good as the day it was new after 1600 miles.

Your case sounds like something different. Almost sounds like a slightly lose Axel, the V12 has a normal axel and I don't remember any issues with bearing knock on traditional axel setups. 

My mcm5 has a normal axel and after 4300 miles it has some play when transitioning to reverse, I think the axel is loosening but it's not gotten any worse and rides just fine. 

Of your V12 starts really bouncing back forth noticeably hard like it's trying to toss you off it could be a firmware problem causing an oscillation, those issues go back to just an older gotway wheel. I haven't heard of any other wheels doing that.

I really hope what your feeling is just normal, all my wheels feel very different on how they feel at a stand still. 

Congrats on the upgrade, going from a 14m to a V12 must be really cool! 

Edited by Flying W
Edited poor phone auto correct, please excuse the errors I didn't see lol
  • Like 1

@Flying W Thank you for the reply and for touching on so many points! Yeah, it's either normal behavior or maybe a loose axel (or another loose component in the vicinity). I didn't notice it during the first day or so, but I was not deliberately looking for this sort of behavior. After noticing it, it hasn't worsened. So far it is pretty subtle, and it is no where close to tossing me off the wheel.

For now I'll keep an eye on it, although the v12 isn't going to get much use over the winter, so I'll see if anyone else in this forum chimes in on this.

@JordanEUC Welcome! I'm actually new here, too... and quite new to EUCing. I bought my "learner wheel", a KS 14M, late September. The v12 arrived early November. I'm currently waiting to receive my order for Grizzla Pads. In terms of pedal upgrades, I'm waiting for a compatible model to be available with the following features: honeycomb or similar design; pins or screws for grip; adjustable angle. I believe pedals designed for the v11 are compatible. I'm leaning toward something from NyloNove. 

If you go by the same handle on YouTube, I'm looking forward to checking out your future v12 videos!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SkyBeard said:

@JordanEUC Welcome! I'm actually new here, too... and quite new to EUCing. I bought my "learner wheel", a KS 14M, late September. The v12 arrived early November. I'm currently waiting to receive my order for Grizzla Pads. In terms of pedal upgrades, I'm waiting for a compatible model to be available with the following features: honeycomb or similar design; pins or screws for grip; adjustable angle. I believe pedals designed for the v11 are compatible. I'm leaning toward something from NyloNove. 

If you go by the same handle on YouTube, I'm looking forward to checking out your future v12 videos!

Yep thats me lol. I definitely want some of those grizzla pads eventually, currently stuck my begode pads on the V12 and they feel pretty nice. But I want the separate pads for braking and acceleration... I've never tried spiked pedals for any wheels so I might not know what Im missing.. Its cool the V11 pedals fit. My feet haven't budged at all on the V12 stock pedals, they feel good. Flat/solid pedals definitely lose some grip as they get dirty, so Im sure the spiked pedals would help for that. And probably more. Most of all I would like a seat for the V12. I might try that RS/MSX seat that someone said fits on V12. Hopefully inmotion makes one though...

On 11/19/2021 at 6:35 PM, Waulnut said:

V12 is different ride from the V10. V10 is actually quite light and skinnier, of course due to battery size. Both are maneuverable in their own ways, but the v12 is top heavy so it can be a bit of a surprise to someone with less experience at first. Build quality from the outside is the same, Solidly built and it looks well put together. V12 has greatly improved headlight of course too. 

It is better to compare a V12 to a Nikola for performance, but I haven't tried a Nikola so I can't comment. 

Thanks for taking your time to explain. I think after I get the Xmas spending out the way I may bite the bullet and make a purchase. Is it an obsession  when your dreams contain EUC’s?? :)

Edited by EUCandME

1 hour ago, EUCandME said:

. Is it an obsession  when your dreams contain EUC’s?? :)

I started with a ownboard w1s esk8> onewheel pint > onewheel XR > V10 > ks18xl > RS (mten3 on the side for a short duration > V12. All under 2 years. 

I swear my last purchase 😅😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EUCandME said:

Is it an obsession  when your dreams contain EUC’s?? :)

Not yet, that’s just the start of things… But don’t worry, you’ll get there! Your wife/gf/partner surely (would’ve) told you right away that you’re only talking about EUCs, but once people you barely know make it worthy to overcome the social norms of being polite and mention that you only talk about EUCs, or once you ride daily for dozens of miles just for fun, or you want to make EUC videos for YT just to get to be a more acclaimed part of the Video section of the forum, or you change your computer desktop picture to include EUCs (extra points if it also includes hot babes), or your pet gets booted off you talking about EUCs to them… Then I’d say that you have an obsession.

Not that there’s anything wrong with it! (- Seinfeld)

…or is there?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Waulnut said:

I swear my last purchase 😅😅

… within the same 2 year period? Sure, but just wait until you get to try the 2022 suspension wheels. Or 2023 at the latest. Your first comment will be “I’ll got to get me one of those!”. And then you will, and it will again be your last ever EUC purchase!

… for a while.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Not yet, that’s just the start of things… But don’t worry, you’ll get there! Your wife/gf/partner surely (would’ve) told you right away that you’re only talking about EUCs, but once people you barely know make it worthy to overcome the social norms of being polite and mention that you only talk about EUCs, or once you ride daily for dozens of miles just for fun, or you want to make EUC videos for YT just to get to be a more acclaimed part of the Video section of the forum, or you change your computer desktop picture to include EUCs (extra points if it also includes hot babes), or your pet gets booted off you talking about EUCs to them… Then I’d say that you have an obsession.

Not that there’s anything wrong with it! (- Seinfeld)

…or is there?

Lmaoo that’s amazing! Also hot babe EUC picture… do you have one? Asking for a friend…

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

… within the same 2 year period? Sure, but just wait until you get to try the 2022 suspension wheels. Or 2023 at the latest. Your first comment will be “I’ll got to get me one of those!”. And then you will, and it will again be your last ever EUC purchase!

… for a while.

My fiancee will get the S20, not me 😆. It won't count. 

• Like 3

A country in the world that had:

No cars, buses, trucks motorbikes, trains, trams, dogs, pedestrians...

Smooth roads that are flawless, 6 foot thick, 8 lanes wide, floodlit at night, swept daily...

No rain, wind, snow, ice, dust....constant 20°C all year round...

Is that too much to ask for?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, EUCandME said:

Lmaoo that’s amazing! Also hot babe EUC picture… do you have one? Asking for a friend…

Actually no, I don’t. I never even had an EUC desktop image! You see, I’m not addicted, I could stop whenever I wanted! I just don’t want to.

But your friend just might find a suitable image by googling for example “justina’s garage” (in parenthesis):

image.jpeg.a6f712bd436a1fd6573f6fff41b8f1ea.jpeg

4 hours ago, Paul A said:

A country in the world that had:

No cars, buses, trucks motorbikes, trains, trams, dogs, pedestrians...

Smooth roads that are flawless, 6 foot thick, 8 lanes wide, floodlit at night, swept daily...

No rain, wind, snow, ice, dust....constant 20°C all year round...

Is that too much to ask for?

Yes it is, and it would be damn boring! Besides, it would make our beloved suspension wheels pointless…

Instead, I’m waiting for the combined V11 + V12 successor with a suspension that doesn’t mind rough roads, pedal sensitivity settings that allow it to stop in a blink when a dog tightens the leash across the road, a headlight that will outdo even the V11, and a tire that doesn’t care where you ride. Etc.

(Sorry for off-roading the topic!)

• Like 2

I opened up my v12 today and noticed a board that was not in wrong way’s teardown video (which afaik was on a production wheel)

Just found it interesting. Not sure if anyone had noticed this on these batch of wheels. Also doesn’t seem very water proofed so hopefully it’s not too important!

D5F501B2-6935-4E2F-8537-FA84DB1A93B8.jpeg

Edited by ESB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lirva said:

Uu lalaa V12 came back with new mainboad and display after 2 months.

I guess it's riding in pitch black waiting for black ice faceplant for the next 4 months.

image.png.b03bbaa47ee58f7fd7422111bbfd7731.png

How much are the houses in the california?  

Come on now, stud up the tire and you won’t even notice the winter!

Except for the cold…

• Like 1