INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

I hear what u say guys and i'm very disapointed with that.

15 hours ago, conecones said:

Won't happen. Expect a range of 35-40 miles (55-65kms). This is from 100% to about 10%. You might get 50 miles if you have the patience to go very slow, like slower than casual cycling speed.

55-65km is very low considering that i have 40km with my v10 (non f). only 20km more with a battery 2.7 times bigger?

For comparison, inmotion says 55Km with the v10 on their website. i'm not naive and know that it's overselled, and 40km is acceptable for me. 

For the v12, they says 160km, so even with weight, weather, speed and whatever consideration, i hope at least 100km. 60km is really unacceptable for me...

13 hours ago, Mike Roe said:

Riding casually on my v12, accelerating and braking smoothly, I got about 1km per battery percentage point.  Went from 100%- 20% and rode 79km.    I weigh 250pds, and rarely went over 35km/hr to achieve this.   

That seems more acceptable for me. i weight 200pds, i ride smoothly most of the time and very rarely over 30km/h. So if you achieve 80km with 80% of battery, i should achieve 100km with full battery with my 90kg.

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

As you can see, people’s range figures vary wildly. You are only familiar with your own data.

agree with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Djal said:

Hi guys, can’t find information about S/N and corresponding batch numbers? Where i could find that pls?

Thxs

As I said I on WhatsApp Inmotion don't have this info public and you can't decode the s/n as you can on some other brands. 

You should be able to get the information from your reseller. That said Inmotion has taken a new approach to do minor changes so they don't have as clear a batch run as we seen in the past either. 

• Like 3

The only thing I have noticed is a small circuit board sitting above the motherboard.  In V1 there was a metal plate there used for cable management, V2 a board sits there to control the universe and upload to the hive mind.  Or maybe it just runs the lights.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2021 at 3:50 AM, monkeytacos said:

Is there any noticeable differences between the different batches of V12s? (or anywhere I can find that info?)

In this time of the launch of the V12 and until now, we have not seen Inmotion commenting on iterations of the V12. 

As I understand it with a new marketing manager in place this could change. Imo hopefully back similar status as when Liam posted stuff announcements here on the forum (and telegram/WhatsApp). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Imo hopefully back similar status as when Liam posted stuff announcements here on the forum (and telegram/WhatsApp)

That is what is missing 1+ year now..

Telegram was amazing.. almost instant replies!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Trevor Phillips said:

V12 is better than the sherman

fight me!

:clap3:Challenge excepted!  I don’t think that I would like the V12 better than the Sherman. 

First- I am not a fan of the 16x3 tire size. But lets assume that the V12 is better than the Nikola. I still don’t like the way the tire size reacts at high speeds. With a good set of pads the Sherman plows through rough roads like a high speed tank and pulls you with it. I like that but I am a bit larger in size. I admit this might be awful to an average sized rider.  

Second- I appreciate that InMotion is working to advance their wheels in all directions. … And that my prior brand is .. going up in flames. …. I am just not sure that InMotion is ready to fill that void for me. I might be wrong, but Sherman seems to be the best replacement for me at least. 

Don’t get me wrong, the V12 is likely the best all around wheel. I just think I like what the Sherman has to offer better. If I am wrong? All the better. It just means that the V12 is that much better. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Don’t get me wrong, the V12 is likely the best all around wheel. I just think I like what the Sherman has to offer better. If I am wrong? All the better. It just means that the V12 is that much better. 

I one way the sherman stands out. That how heavy and not lift friendly to your back. Which means it is difficult get up stairs that isn't possible to trolley up. 

This might be fine in many cases but I still view the V12 as a better option due to this. I just didn't buy a V12 for 1 main reason. The V11's suspension. And as a sub reason I do not need the top speed of either V12 or the Sherman. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Unventor said:

I one way the sherman stands out. That how heavy and not lift friendly to your back. Which means it is difficult get up stairs that isn't possible to trolley up. 

This might be fine in many cases but I still view the V12 as a better option due to this. I just didn't buy a V12 for 1 main reason. The V11's suspension. And as a sub reason I do not need the top speed of either V12 or the Sherman. 

Not comparing to V12 since I don't have one yet, the sherman is completely fine to carry though due to the two handlebars, I carry it up and down 2 flights of stairs to my apartment everytime and I have backproblems but carrying it doesn't induce them, two arms, lean it against your leg for more support, works fine. :)

The biggest downside is if you brought something else with you like a package or whatever then you need to go twice.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ChiWestSider said:

I'm getting major braking wobbles on this wheel no matter where the pedals are placed.

The V12 is VERY prone to wobbles in braking.  I solved the problem immediately by changing the tire ( H666) and moving the pedals up.  Im currently in the middle slot,

34 minutes ago, ChiWestSider said:

I'm getting major braking wobbles on this wheel no matter where the pedals are placed.

I can agree with @Mrd777 Changed to the h666 tire has solved a lot of the instability for me. Tire change is a royal PITA. I found it worth it for the v12. 

If you want to stick with the stock tire, play with tire pressure. It helped me quite a bit before the tire change. The stock tire is soft.. So be careful with the Rim and pressure going too low like @Paradox said.

• Like 2

Thank you

47 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

The V12 is VERY prone to wobbles in braking.  I solved the problem immediately by changing the tire ( H666) and moving the pedals up.  Im currently in the middle slot,

Thank you for a heads up that it might be tire related. I rode it the first 2 weeks with the pedals in the highest position.  At first i thought it might be related to the pedal positron,  but now i have them in the lowest position and that barely changes anything.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Take a little air pressure out of the tire.  Run about 28psi.  Careful running to low as you can bend your rim or even crack it.  You can always add air when you conquer the wobbles. 

Thank you.  I will try this before tackling a full tire change. Other than the wobbles... which i can somewhat minimize by turning as i brake,  the V12 is awesome!!!

If i need to brake on an emergency situation,  I'm f*cked!

34 minutes ago, ChiWestSider said:

Thank you

Thank you for a heads up that it might be tire related. I rode it the first 2 weeks with the pedals in the highest position.  At first i thought it might be related to the pedal positron,  but now i have them in the lowest position and that barely changes anything.  

It is 100% rider related but due to different factors. 

To lower tire pressure makes the contact patch is bigger. 

Changing tire often means a different shape and sometimes harder or softer rubber or a different flexibility of the tire. 

A new tire vs use is also something that can help. 

But.... 

In the end it has to do how the rider react to input from the wheel and maintain control. Where you have your balance point meaning both pedal height and placement of feet on pedals can change this a lot either to your benafit or your ability to keep it in control. 

In the end many post the model or wheel wobbles. But the cause ALWAYS come from the rider. Or the riders ability to keep the wheel in control. Practice and minor adjustments to tire or tire pressure can make a huge difference but I will always recommend do not blame the equipment. Look inwards first the lower tire pressure and slightly increased it as you get more proficient. Low tire pressure is very dangerous over all. So this is only a way to train your skills. Also if you ride too aggressive to your ability you are at very high risk of an accident happening. It took me the better part of 2500km+ before I got wobbles out of my legs. But changing wheel model or having longer period between rides I need to get back into "shape" so I have to ride a little more careful at first. 

Using pads can help in locking the wheel. But imo it can give a false safety sensation. So I prefer to have the wheel loose between my legs so I can micro adjust as I ride. Also if I have brake hard I trained to do this in S curves to make a longer actual braking distance compare to distance of travel forward distance. 

I got that from discussion and inspiration from @houseofjob. Understanding what I did from his explanation helped me improve it much faster.

But I do have limits to what I can do I am not an inmortal superhero on my wheel. So I lowered my top speed to 40kmh. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChiWestSider said:

Each wheel requires slightly different technique to avoid wobbles. Give your body enough time to adjust before looking at changing a bunch of settings or tires. Ultimately, unless the wheel/tire has a defect, you riding determine how much it wobbles. I posted a mini review of the V12 in the previous page, try this:

"Wobble danger at higher speed is there, but can be negated if you brake carefully. Unlike the RS where you can slam the brakes immediately without much thought, V12 needs gradual lean at first to stabilize, then the hard lean won't result in wobbles. Can be dangerous if not expecting this when suddenly need to stop at 50+ km/h."

Split mode 50% braking is also helpful as it acts as a buffer for imperfect braking pressure when leaning back. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiWestSider said:

but now i have them in the lowest position and that barely changes anything.  

Try tinker with lowering the braking value in split mode. It took me a while to tune split mode to a comfortable zone. 

• Like 2