INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

1 hour ago, SavySaySay said:

Y'all I just got my v12 yesterday and to be honest I am really dissapointed. It is my firat euc and it is nowhere near as easy to learn to ride as people make out. On top of that I think I may have been sent a buggy device as whenever I pick it up while holding the "antispin button" the tire starts spinning super fast. It is too heavy for me to hold for long and setting it down caused it burn itself out. Now I can only get it to turn on when plugged in. I paid extra to have it shipped here sooner only for it to be a glorified bluetooth sticker. Wth am I doing wrong and how do I get it going again. I have watched so many videos and read all instructions top to bottom. I feel bamboozled

The power button doesn't work for me unless I hold it in an upright position. Mine doesn't turn on when resting on its kick stand, for example.

Edited by Silverfish
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SavySaySay said:

whenever I pick it up while holding the "antispin button" the tire starts spinning super fast

oh man, that is scary, right? If you can hang on to it, it will eventually shut itself down when it hits its overspeed shutdown.

setting it down caused it burn itself out

do you mean the magic smoke came out of the wheel or that it did a burn out on your carpet? If the wheel smells like burnt electronics, you'll be needing to contact your reseller... it's not the most expensive repair but it isn't the cheapest either. Next time it happens, either try to tilt the wheel back or forth so that it slows to a stop (kind of tricky, but is doable with two hands) or wait until it shuts itself off and the wheel has stopped.

Now I can only get it to turn on when plugged in

I have no idea what this means, but perhaps another V12 owner can chime in?

2 hours ago, Silverfish said:

The power button doesn't work for me unless I hold it in an upright position. Mine doesn't turn on when resting on its kick stand, for example.

This seems to be maybe some safety feature. I noticed that too. 

1 hour ago, SicFox said:

So battery at full charge says:

InMotion App:

Battery 1 = 100.1V

Battery 2 = 100.1V

DarknessBot = 99.8V

Oh then you might be in the same boat, 99.8V through darknessbot. I'll charge tonight n see the inmotion app tomorrow

4 hours ago, SicFox said:

So battery at full charge says:

InMotion App:

Battery 1 = 100.1V

Battery 2 = 100.1V

DarknessBot = 99.8V

I think this is normal. I get 100.2 on each pack. My screen on the wheel says 99v. It sometimes says 100v when fully charged, but quickly goes to 99.

Euc world is at 99.8 fully charged. 

I have had no issues and have had my wheel since the initial batch of 150 wheels. 

• Like 1

After looking at the inmotion app further, it actually shows each battery pack voltage. It is not individual cell level, but this is great to know. 

Screenshot_20211113-064954.jpg

15 hours ago, ESB said:

Man FedEx ground really screwing me over here! Was supposed to arrive yesterday. Then it got moved to today. And now "unknown ETA" and its barely made it out of LA.

Was really looking forward to trying it out this weekend ... but then again weather here is miserable so 🤷‍♂️

Yo, meet too👎🏽 I payed to extra shipping and it was meant to be here on the 11th. I got a call yesterday after tracking said it was in the truck for delivery…they couldn’t work it out for some reason and took it OFF THE TRUCK and pushed delivery back until Monday…when the office in which it was meant to be delivered is closed. 
a similar thing is happening with another package. 
fedex is really dropping the ball for me lately….I’ve had thing delivered with no problems for years… that’ll teach me to fallow ships with anticipation. 

18 hours ago, SicFox said:

Also SavySaySay did you make sure the Spin Cutoff Button was turned On in the settings?  

The spin cutoff button was definitely turned on. The euc doesnt turn on anymore. I can connect with the app and make it honk, but nothing I do gets it to turn on. I cant ride it and I have tried turning it on in every position. I am not so worried about learning to ride it as much as I am getting it to work again so I can ride it. No screen. Diagnostic says the com board is burned out. Just got this thing thursday. I have emailed the seller multiple times with no response.

1 hour ago, AtlasP said:

Your post has three parts, I'm only going to respond to the first two:

1) Exactly like learning to ride a bicycle, in the beginning (especially just in one day) you're going to feel like it's impossible and as if you're not making any progress, until you eventually cross a certain threshold and then suddenly a few things 'click'--most people can get there within a few days to within their first week. (This forum is full of people with similar stories of hating/regretting their purchase the first day or two--often with a follow-up post within a week saying how it clicked and now it's the best thing ever.) This is what is meant by a 'steep' learning curve, although that doesn't mean it's especially difficult or that it has to take very long--it just describes the seeming lack of progress and corresponding psychological experience at the very beginning, until progress starts to accelerate (and then rapidly).

2) Regarding the anti-spin button, you have to make sure to depress the button fully and wait to hear the beep before you lift. If you try to push the button and lift the wheel simultaneously, any movement of the wheel before the button is fully depressed can cause it to accelerate in an effort to right itself (as if it were being ridden)--and over a certain speed then the button becomes disabled (so it can't cause a cutoff/crash while riding) and no amount of mashing the button will cause it to stop. This is the anti-spin button working exactly as it needs to, and is how anti-spin buttons work on pretty much all wheels.

3) You shouldn't have been able to "burn up" a wheel as described, but someone else will have to help on this one.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I am less worried about learning to ride it as I am simply getting it to work so I can ride it. It doesnt turn on in any position. I can connect with the app but the diagnostic says the com board is burned out. I am super frustrated because It stopped working the 2nd day I had it and I never even got past just learning to place my feet on it right. I have emailed the seller multiple times with no response.

7 minutes ago, SavySaySay said:

The spin cutoff button was definitely turned on. The euc doesnt turn on anymore. I can connect with the app and make it honk, but nothing I do gets it to turn on. I cant ride it and I have tried turning it on in every position. I am not so worried about learning to ride it as much as I am getting it to work again so I can ride it. No screen. Diagnostic says the com board is burned out. Just got this thing thursday. I have emailed the seller multiple times with no response.

DId you let it down pretty hard while it was 'free spinning'? I am merely guessing, but it could be possible that you overloaded the board because of the sudden resistance at speed, by letting a wheel down while at high spin. I did that with my first euc and luckily it merely made a burn mark on my concrete floor. I have heard of the sudden overload of this kind of thing, blowing boards and/or fuses. The same thing has happened to people who accidently wedge the wheel into a doorway or corner.

I really hate to hear this has happened to you. I dont know how the v12 has implemented (or if has) protection circuitry. Hopefully theres a simple reset procedure and its not a physical damage. I dont own a v12, so I cant be of much help.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

DId you let it down pretty hard while it was 'free spinning'? I am merely guessing, but it could be possible that you overloaded the board because of the sudden resistance at speed, by letting a wheel down while at high spin. I did that with my first euc and luckily it merely made a burn mark on my concrete floor. I have heard of the sudden overload of this kind of thing, blowing boards and/or fuses. The same thing has happened to people who accidently wedge the wheel into a doorway or corner.

I really hate to hear this has happened to you.

Yeah, it is really heavy and I just wasnt able to hold it up long enough for the wheel to stop. I was just lifting it over one step and it went berzerk

So I finally got my V12 yesterday and my ride was pretty disappointing. I’m upgrading from a V10F that I got in May and have put over 700 miles on it. I have complete confidence and control over it. It feels like a part of me while riding it.

On the V12, I feel like it has a mind of its own. Just riding straight, it keeps shifting around. Like it’s following grooves in the pavement but the pavement is smooth. When I tip to turn a corner, the wheel wants to stand up straight. My feet hurt so bad because I’m constantly fighting it so I keep having to stop and rest.

I remember a similar feel on the V10F when I had the tire pressure high. I started out at 35psi on the V12 so I tried lowering it to 30 and then 25. It seemed to get a little better but still not good. I’m not sure if I should try even lower pressure. I don’t want to ruin the tire.

Does anyone have any experience on what I’m describing or have any other suggestions besides tire pressure? I love everything else about the wheel. I can’t believe how nimble it is. It turns on a dime. I really didn’t expect that. 

38 minutes ago, Chester Copperpot said:

Does anyone have any experience on what I’m describing or have any other suggestions besides tire pressure? 

It could be the specific tire characteristic.

I personally haven't had any issues controlling the wheel and I like to ride my wheels with high psi. However, I am used turning with leaning over the wheel rather than tilting the wheel since I owned an RS with low pedals before. 

1 hour ago, Chester Copperpot said:

So I finally got my V12 yesterday and my ride was pretty disappointing. I’m upgrading from a V10F that I got in May and have put over 700 miles on it. I have complete confidence and control over it. It feels like a part of me while riding it.

On the V12, I feel like it has a mind of its own. Just riding straight, it keeps shifting around. Like it’s following grooves in the pavement but the pavement is smooth. When I tip to turn a corner, the wheel wants to stand up straight. My feet hurt so bad because I’m constantly fighting it so I keep having to stop and rest.

I remember a similar feel on the V10F when I had the tire pressure high. I started out at 35psi on the V12 so I tried lowering it to 30 and then 25. It seemed to get a little better but still not good. I’m not sure if I should try even lower pressure. I don’t want to ruin the tire.

Does anyone have any experience on what I’m describing or have any other suggestions besides tire pressure? I love everything else about the wheel. I can’t believe how nimble it is. It turns on a dime. I really didn’t expect that. 

How much do you weigh? 

On 11/13/2021 at 2:47 AM, SavySaySay said:

Y'all I just got my v12 yesterday and to be honest I am really dissapointed. It is my firat euc and it is nowhere near as easy to learn to ride as people make out. On top of that I think I may have been sent a buggy device as whenever I pick it up while holding the "antispin button" the tire starts spinning super fast. It is too heavy for me to hold for long and setting it down caused it burn itself out. Now I can only get it to turn on when plugged in. I paid extra to have it shipped here sooner only for it to be a glorified bluetooth sticker. Wth am I doing wrong and how do I get it going again. I have watched so many videos and read all instructions top to bottom. I feel bamboozled

Check your settings…..Most wheels have an option in their settings to turn off the anti spin lift button.  Check it out and make sure it is set correctly to enable the lift switch / anti spin button under the lifting handle. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chester Copperpot said:

So I finally got my V12 yesterday and my ride was pretty disappointing.

Could be the tire needs to be broken in a bit. I recently replaced the stock tire of my own V10F ( A Ching Shen 1488 I believe) and put on a Chao Yang aftermarket tire (the version with the Nike swoosh in the profile) and at first the riding characteristics were horrible, like I had forgotten how to ride an EUC. I now have around 150km on the tire and it feels much better.

• Like 1

Oh wow, now I have a real problem with this new V12. I went to ride it after charging overnight and it said it was only at 67%.

I then noticed a small warning icon on the touch screen. Touching it showed a popup saying some batteries have been disabled and this may affect performance.

In the app, I ran the diagnostic and it said everything was good. I then checked the battery information and it says that battery 1 is 87 volts and is disabled. Battery 2 says 100.1 volts and is enabled.

I emailed ewheels. I sure hope there is some kind of reset procedure. I so dread having to deal with sending it back and going through FedEx hell again.