INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

Anyone considering a tire change? I happen to have a spare 16" h-666 tire I had already had as backup for my 16x. Seems like the feedback on the forum for other wheels (16x and nikola) has been that the h-666 tire is better than the 1488. Though the feedback on 1488 seems to vary - some only criticize that it wears too fast, while others don't like the ride feel (preferring 666).

If tire changes were easy would be inclined to swap just to experiment.... but inclination right now is that it's probably not worth the hassle. But curious if anyone has any thoughts, for v12 or given experience 1488 vs 666 on other wheels.

Edited by GPW
Typos
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, pkinpdx said:

I swapped to the H666 on my v12.  Absolutely do it.  It feels more stable and there is less bounce.  I went about 40 miles yesterday on it. 

Ok, where did you get the tire, and how difficult was the change?

thanks

3 hours ago, pkinpdx said:

I swapped to the H666 on my v12.  Absolutely do it.  It feels more stable and there is less bounce.  I went about 40 miles yesterday on it. 

I have a h666 16in sitting aroubd I may swap it out one of these days. 

I'm still trying to get my firmware updated to dial in and use split ride modes. Hopefully inmotion support will fix that soon for me. 

Just now, jimjam.nyc said:

I have a h666 16in sitting aroubd I may swap it out one of these days. 

I'm still trying to get my firmware updated to dial in and use split ride modes. Hopefully inmotion support will fix that soon for me. 

Be prepared for the soundwave function to go from mildly interesting to horribly annoying.  I'm still messing around with split ride so I'm not sure i have an opinion on it yet.  I do think the update fixed some of the soft braking though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pkinpdx said:

Be prepared for the soundwave function to go from mildly interesting to horribly annoying.  I'm still messing around with split ride so I'm not sure i have an opinion on it yet.  I do think the update fixed some of the soft braking though.

I heard the sound wave got bad. Its OK I shut it off. 

I am mostly interested in making sure I get the tweaks to performance and breaking. 

The OG firmware is mostly fine to be honest, I am still enjoying the wheel. 

Was your firmware updating on its own, or did you have to contact support as well? 

Just curious. I sent eWheels and inmotion my info directly multiple times already and it's hard to tell if either of them are actually following up or doing anything to help fix it. 

I  just keep bugging both until it gets solved. Even if it means a new board or something along those lines. 

1 minute ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I heard the sound wave got bad. Its OK I shut it off. 

I am mostly interested in making sure I get the tweaks to performance and breaking. 

The OG firmware is mostly fine to be honest, I am still enjoying the wheel. 

Was your firmware updating on its own, or did you have to contact support as well? 

Just curious. I sent eWheels and inmotion my info directly multiple times already and it's hard to tell if either of them are actually following up or doing anything to help fix it. 

I  just keep bugging both until it gets solved. Even if it means a new board or something along those lines. 

I sent my info to ewheels but I was also one of the lucky folks that had an unrideable wheel.  I had a battery issue that took inmotion's to help diagnose.  Ewheels was great but Inmotion took forever to actually start helping me.  They pushed software as part of the diagnosis.  Turns out I had a bad battery and ewheels helped me get it fixed.  Hopefully inmotion gives them a replacement.  I think they are stalling because the current latest version needs tweaks as well.  I received and update and then a day later a 2nd one. 

• Like 1

Just now, pkinpdx said:

I sent my info to ewheels but I was also one of the lucky folks that had an unrideable wheel.  I had a battery issue that took inmotion's to help diagnose.  Ewheels was great but Inmotion took forever to actually start helping me.  They pushed software as part of the diagnosis.  Turns out I had a bad battery and ewheels helped me get it fixed.  Hopefully inmotion gives them a replacement.  I think they are stalling because the current latest version needs tweaks as well.  I received and update and then a day later a 2nd one. 

Yeah I don't blame eWheels they do respond to me, I think the hold up is on I motions end. That stinks about the battery issue, but it's great news it got fixed.

I know the issue I have is fixable and just need to wait for inmotion to get in gear. 

I was shocked they even responded to my email to service. It just seems they can't for some reason comprehend my account Info and serial number lol.. 

18 minutes ago, pkinpdx said:

Be prepared for the soundwave function to go from mildly interesting to horribly annoying

So true, I actually liked it before the firmware upgrade, it sounded ok.  Now it’s dumb.

Talking about tires, does anyone know a good knobby tire that will fit?

The V12 production delay will probably result in me getting the tire during winter, so I need a thick tire that I can put studs in =D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

So finally got the firmware updated.. I have to say the difference is night and day. The wheel now responds as it should, and rides soooo much better. 

This thing gets up to and maintains speed so smoothly. It is a lot of fun to ride. 

I also find it to be very stable at speed, especially for a 16in wheel. The braking wobbles are pretty much completely gone for me now on this newer firmware.

I did have to dial in the settings a bit, but it did not take so long to find settings that worked for me so far. 

I even took my pads off the wheel to test out the braking and acceleration as is.. I am not sure I am even going to put my pads back on. 

Thanks for the update. Curious if the difference for you is the ability to use split mode, or if the improvements came with the standard ride mode settings? In dialing in the settings, where did you land? On other wheels, what settings have you preferred? I received the firmware update as well, but have not had the opportunity to test.

Just looking through the updated settings both on the wheel and in app post update, seems still some glitches to work out with split mode - possibly inconsequential, dunno yet, haven't tried. The in-app sliders for split mode seem to span 0-200% while the on wheel settings menu offers a range of 0-100%, so some sort of inconsistency there. Both ranges seem a bit different that what I had seen in videos of the pre-production model (recall +/- zero setting). Again, haven't had the opportunity to ride, so don't know if there are any functional implications or if the on-wheel menu or the in-app settings are the correct implementation. To the extent others are using these settings without issue, assuming just a minor thing to be sorted.   

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Kurtosis said:

If it gets rid of the braking wobbles I'll be so delighted. 

Is the only way to get the update by hassling eWheels?

I think the only way is to contact eWheels or inmotion directly via support email. I had to do both as between the time difference and having a middle man it was taking a bunch of days

41 minutes ago, lirva said:

Inmotion should unlock the FW to all. 

I have a feeling they would if they could. I think there is an issue with either the firmware these shipped with (super early fw) or their app detecting updates are available. 

Whatever it is, I think they are having a hard time making it available the normal way. 

I hope once you upgrade you should be good going fwd. 

I asked from service ät imscv.com. And yesterday updated mine. And I can confirm, that the sound wave, that I kind of started to like, is now totally unusable.

Split mode is the best. I haven't understanded the light situation, can I adjust when the automatic lights kick in?

8 minutes ago, lirva said:

I asked from service ät imscv.com. And yesterday updated mine. And I can confirm, that the sound wave, that I kind of started to like, is now totally unusable.

Split mode is the best. I haven't understanded the light situation, can I adjust when the automatic lights kick in?

How do you have your split mode configured? 

• Like 1