INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

8 hours ago, Chaotropic said:

Damn. Got my V12 today. Dead on arrival. Well almost. I turned it on. Tried to adjust settings. Started making farting sounds so I turned it off. It won't turn back on. 😭

That sucks man! I know the feeling, mcm5 has a bad board, thought not right away I did get to ride it for a few days. Ewheels had a new board to me in a few days amd it's been great for 4k miles. RS has beating alignment problem right away, ewheels had a whole new wheel on its way to me before I even had mine on its way back. 

The only wheel I have that has not had any issue (that I didn't cause) is my 16s. 4500 trouble free miles. 

I hope the current shortage of lots of stuff doesn't prevent ewheels from making it right in a hurry. They will do everything to make it right, this I'm sure of! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mike Roe said:

The split ride mode is available in the firmware update. 
 My unit didn’t show any updates available, but eevees in Vancouver contacted inmotion and they manuallly pushed the update to my unit. 

Ive got about 500km on my v12 now, and so far so great. 

81ECCA84-0CB1-4474-A183-E6B846369F53.jpeg

Thanks for this info. I reached out to ehweels yesterday, so hopefully their inmotion rep can get this update activated!. 

Other than this waiting for firmware I agree. So far so great! 

6 hours ago, Mike Roe said:

The split ride mode is available in the firmware update. 
 My unit didn’t show any updates available, but eevees in Vancouver contacted inmotion and they manuallly pushed the update to my unit. 

Ive got about 500km on my v12 now, and so far so great. 

81ECCA84-0CB1-4474-A183-E6B846369F53.jpeg

Great news, thanks!

14 hours ago, Chaotropic said:

Update.

Ewheels was extremely responsive per usual. They believe there is an issue with the controller on my wheel. Not sure what component that is or how that could happen. 

Regardless, I shipped the wheel back to them today. To my surprise they kept one wheel in reserve just in case this type of thing happened and they're sending me another wheel today or tomorrow! I should be on the road soon! 

You CAN NOT phuck with eWheel customer service.  Absolutely the best. I'm told Alien rides is right up there..

Haven't delt with freemotion much.. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 3:23 AM, jimjam.nyc said:

Thanks for this info. I reached out to ehweels yesterday, so hopefully their inmotion rep can get this update activated!. 

Other than this waiting for firmware I agree. So far so great! 

Any luck? Wondering whether I should reach out to eWheels too?

Just now, Kurtosis said:

Any luck? Wondering whether I should reach out to eWheels too?

They asked for some info.. But the firmware update not available yet.. 

Seems kind of odd to have to ask for the update and manually have to get it, but I guess this is a limited release still. 

But so far no go

On 8/14/2021 at 8:16 PM, Kurtosis said:

Thanks for the update :) I'll hang tight then.

EWheels just let me know this firmware  not updating is an issue for all v12 owners right now. Apparently inmotion is working on fixing it asap. 

Guess we will see.. 

• Like 1

Sad to read one of the (30) V12 riders here in the states out West encountered speed wobbles @ 30 mph and fell off braking his arm.  I saw he already listed his V12 for sale. I hope he recovers quickly.

I only have a few hours on the machine, but have admit I'm feeling the wobbles too.  Yes, I know it takes adjusting to, however Im surprised by the behavior at speed braking.

Maybe the "Split Mode" in the upgraded firmware will help solve this... I lowered my pedals, but now Im going to raise them to the middle to see if that helps.

33 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Sad to read one of the (30) V12 riders here in the states out West encountered speed wobbles @ 30 mph and fell off braking his arm.  I saw he already listed his V12 for sale. I hope he recovers quickly.

I only have a few hours on the machine, but have admit I'm feeling the wobbles too.  Yes, I know it takes adjusting to, however Im surprised by the behavior at speed braking.

Maybe the "Split Mode" in the upgraded firmware will help solve this... I lowered my pedals, but now Im going to raise them to the middle to see if that helps.

Please report back

Coming from the 16x I learned that tire pressure is very important as well. I was able to mitigate alot of the wobbles by adjusting my tire pressure a bit.

The fact we cant upgrade the firmware right now to adjust the braking is very annoying, i wont lie. It is THE selling point of this wheel. Not being able to use the features they sold this thing on is more than frustrating. 

I will say that once i put my power pads on, can finally grip the wheel, and adjusted tire pressure it has gotten much better. 

Everyone coming from smaller 84v wheels should just be careful and learn how the wheel handles before trying to go to crazy. 

I thought everything was fine for most of my first few rides but just on my last one definitely got some serious wobbles while braking. I almost lost control.

I've been running about 35 PSI so thinking about lowering that a bit even if it means range will take a hit. I don't have time to experiment in the next two weeks, but hoping to get things ironed out after that. Can't have those intense wobbles when braking, that just won't work.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

what pressure are you running?

I am very small.. About 5'3 128lbs I run at 23psi. I am not an aggressive rider.. I don't do steps, jumps or any of that stuff.. (atleast usually not on purpose)

I would think most people need a bit more pressure than that, but for how small I am, if i get the pressure too high i bounce like a balloon when i hit bumps. 

I really wish Inmotion would get their stuff together and fix the firmware. It seems we are all a few versions behind the latest.. I am hoping getting it updated would help a bit even without the split ride modes.. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kurtosis said:

I thought everything was fine for most of my first few rides but just on my last one definitely got some serious wobbles while braking. I almost lost control.

I've been running about 35 PSI so thinking about lowering that a bit even if it means range will take a hit. I don't have time to experiment in the next two weeks, but hoping to get things ironed out after that. Can't have those intense wobbles when braking, that just won't work.

I had the same thing. At first I got some strong wobbles while braking from speeds over 60kph(37mph), it was very difficult to deal with it, then I moved the pedals to the lower position and lowered the pressure to 26psi, and eventually the wobbling stopped. It is necessary to gradually work out the braking at higher and higher speeds. My weight is 75 kg (165 lbs) so low pressure suits me better. I also found the settings that were convenient for me. This is now Fancier, Commuting mode, 56 percent pedal sensitivity.