INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

2 minutes ago, Sergey Sh. said:

I had the same thing. At first I got some strong wobbles while braking from speeds over 60kph(37mph), it was very difficult to deal with it, then I moved the pedals to the lower position and lowered the pressure to 26psi, and eventually the wobbling stopped. It is necessary to gradually work out the braking at higher and higher speeds. My weight is 75 kg (165 lbs) so low pressure suits me better. I also found the settings that were convenient for me. This is now Fancier, Commuting mode, 56 percent pedal sensitivity.

Thanks for this info! I may adjust some of the settings i am using to check out commuting mode.. I have been on offroad with about 60% sensitivity. It has been pretty good, but should probably check out the softer mode too

My replacement wheel arrived yesterday. It rides alot like the V11, but maybe a bit quicker off the line and weaker breaking. Although I'm still dialing in my breaking technique. Reached 63kmph today(didn't realize it until after the ride) and breaking was little sketchy. 

With that being said I think the split mode will really help. 

I miss suspension for sure, but I like that speed/power safety margin on the V12. 

Edited by Chaotropic
Spelling error
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Chaotropic said:

My replacement wheel arrived yesterday. It rides alot like the V11, but maybe a bit quicker off the line and weaker breaking. Although I'm still dialing in my breaking technique. Reached 63kmph today(didn't realize it until after the ride) and breaking was little sketchy. 

With that being said I think the split mode will really help. 

I miss suspension for sure, but I like that speed/power safety margin on the V12. 

Wait, whaaa-- there are people riding in York, PA!? Small world. (I grew up near there.)

Maybe I can poke you the next time I'm home visiting family to rent/borrow a wheel for a few hours to show them 'what I do'. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sergey Sh. said:

I moved the pedals to the lower position

I’m in the middle position now, and like it more then the lower setting. The wheel is top heavy, and I’m thinking I’m more centered to the weight of the wheel. I have to figure out the Physics of this.. I went from 38 psi, to 31psi, this obviously helped ( 165lbs)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, lirva said:

Is it possible to get white light in the front and red in the back in V12?

I think it is possible to make the lights white, but the back will turn red when you brake. Not sure if you can make the front and rear separate colors. I can try it later for you and report back

I turned the inmotion app on and it said firmware available. 

latest update version of the inmotion app maybe? Or maybe since mine was manually pushed for the last one, they just have it on a list or something. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Roe said:

I turned the inmotion app on and it said firmware available. 

latest update version of the inmotion app maybe? Or maybe since mine was manually pushed for the last one, they just have it on a list or something. 

Yeah I think you may have been  lucky enough to get it manually pushed. I am still waiting for a response from them. I did contact ewheels, they said they responded to them and asked for my info. But so far no such luck! I am kind of annoyed but am trying to practice patience in my older age. :-)

The truth is the wheel is obviously ridable with its currently much lower firmware, but i would really love to at the very least get the features i paid for. Pre-release testing had newer firmware than what shipped on these v12's. I have to believe there are some improvements that come with the firmware updates. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I can try it later for you and report back

Maybe i'll try myself also. Got the wheel but didn't find white light straigh away.

Edited by lirva

11 minutes ago, lirva said:

Maybe i'll try myself also. Got the wheel but didn't find white light straigh away.

I think there is a color picker option all the way on the right in the color palette. You can then pick your colors there and add them to the color list.

• Like 2

Can someone confirm the speed alarms work? There’s two points on a slider on the wheel’s screen… I turned them all the way down and there’s no alarm sound for me.

27 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Can someone confirm the speed alarms work? There’s two points on a slider on the wheel’s screen… I turned them all the way down and there’s no alarm sound for me.

The alarm was not working for me on the original firmware.  The updated firmware it worked. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Firmware upgrade available, updating now...  lets see if split mode can help.. I have to say that the V12 exudes quality! (so far)

I am happy some of us can get this going.. I am still struggling to get the update!

I don't have it either. Quality is great and first rides in pouring rain done.

My V12 tours are not visible in Euc.World log files are there but no visualisation. I was eager to compare my usual offroad route between V12 and MSP

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 9:02 AM, Mrd777 said:

Firmware upgrade available, updating now...  lets see if split mode can help.. I have to say that the V12 exudes quality! (so far)

Did this update just rollout to you, or did you need to inquire with distributor to have them push the firmware update out? (wondering if I should just wait patiently, or if there is need to request)

Update: I did reach out to Ewheels and they sent my info over to Inmotion on Friday. Will see if comes through.

Edited by GPW
Update

9 minutes ago, Mike Roe said:

Are you guys using the inmotion app for upgrades?  Stupid question maybe. 

well i am using the inmotion app. but inmotion is aware of the issue. 

I had to contact ewheels.. i even contacted inmotion service directly.. Its been a royal pain so far.. 

Inmotion service took 2-3 days to get back to me.. they said they pushed the firmware upgrade to me and it never showed. 

Ewheels has asked me for my logon name multiple times to send to them and still no dice. The time difference i am sure doesnt help. 

IF this firmware wasn't missing basic features i wouldnt be so impaitent.. Also reading others here have gotten updated leaves me with fomo :-( hehehe