Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

Yeah, your point is clear, @UniBlab. But don’t forget these conversations about specs and details of how the specs are executed (including the raw emotions) is the priceless piece of market analysis for the manufacturers. I am sure all four major EUC makers are reading these posts very carefully and try to under whether they might add one or two pieces of value to their products.

It’s so interesting to observe how closely the EUC industry connected with the consumer accelerating the evolution of this very new thing. Remember, touch screens went on sale like five years before EUC’s? :-)

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

Haha! 
I reckon they sooner or later will need to split the design/production into two lines: Urban (public transport compatible) and High Performance (35kg+).

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/25100-a-lot-of-us-including-the-manufacturers-will-be-the-downfall-of-euc-market/?tab=comments#comment-388436

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 5:40 PM, mrelwood said:

But the stairs they rode down looked much more jarring than I had expected. Just like the ramps they rode up, the suspension didn’t do much at all when hitting the ramp.

I agree, there wasn't as much suspension movement anywhere in the video as I expected/hoped. Some on the dirt climbs, when the rider is going across the grass. On the grass the only movement seems to be when the rider intentionally puts force into the suspension.

Perhaps a prototype issue? We all know the S18 didn't function properly for a long time. Might also be that the spring rate is too high. Responsive suspension that doesn't sag too much is a tricky balance, but I'd expect the wheel to ride a bit lower with rider weight than it does in the vid. You need to be partly into the suspension on any vehicle for it to work properly, they seem right near the top.

I really do hope they figure this wheel out! It's the evolution of the EUC I've had in mind since I knew they existed.

Edited by UniMe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

I really hope the suspension will be tuned mostly for comfort. There's very few riders who need suspension for performance. We don't really compete off-road and the speeds are very low. Those suspensions made for downhill MTB riders will not do much at low speeds or for just comfortable city riding. And riding down stairs is just for YouTube. 

That's a very good point.

I wish it can be tuned for comfort or performance, depending on use case.

6 minutes ago, CalV8er said:

Just curious, will it have any locking mechanism or on-screen password for security reasons? 

Or built in GPS to track if stolen. 

I really  hope not!

8 hours ago, yoos said:

S20 news from the ecodrift telegram news channel:

• Kuji is already riding and filming his S20 (but there is no fixed publication date for his content) :dribble:
  • KingSong might announce a further one month production delay on 20th Nov due to a shortage of BMS components. This would mean shipping in December/early January. This is not certain, but likely. This was expected and realistically, with all the supply chain issues, I would expect wheels by spring if we are lucky.  
  • First batch is 1500 wheels
  • pre-production wheels intended for dealers/influencers are also pushed back from mid November to December. An ecodrift review would be expected in January. Looking forward to more reviews.

edit: typos

• Like 1

Is it just me, or does it seem like the pedals on the S20 have no way of staying "closed" that is folded up?  All the images show them down and it looks like the pads would be in the way of allowing them to be flush against the battery case?

Thoughts?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Weird Lobo said:

Is it just me, or does it seem like the pedals on the S20 have no way of staying "closed" that is folded up?  All the images show them down and it looks like the pads would be in the way of allowing them to be flush against the battery case?

Thoughts?

I'm not sure its possible to have a pedal wide enough and foot locks low enough, for them to not get in the way of each other. Its just one of those compromises. Good question tho. Im not a jump block fan, so Im wondering if the lower pads can be moved up enough to clear the pedals?

8 hours ago, Miko.cz said:

Jack mentioned it here in his video.

Excellent find. So they answer is NO.. the pedals won't be closing flush and even less so, if you have pads at a lower position. I tried vaious jump block positions on my wheel and couldnt find a locale that would snug my foot and be clear of a folded pedal. One would need VERY fat feet or VERY narrow pedals, as its simply not gna work otherwise. A little tab to hold the pedals up 'a little' is possible, but yeah, still shin biters and still more room needed when trolleying. It is what it is...

• Like 1

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)