Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

Couple of things I noticed: There is a new handle bolted onto the back, for easier carrying? The fender/mudguard color is now red, black was nicer hope this is temporary. 😁 It has the Kenda 262, might be final choice?

• Like 1

That tire looks like you will never have to worry about bits of glass or sharp gravel on dirt roads again. Those have given me three flats already with my V10F tire, twice I was  miles away from my home or car and the last time I almost collapsed with a heat stroke from having to push it back in my office clothes in the miday sun.

3 hours ago, Paradox said:

Should I be concerned about that little cylinder sitting on top of the spring?  It seems exposed to damage if the wheel should fall backwards. 

Yeah it will probably be damaged rather easily. It is just a part of the damping system though, the wheel will get you home without issues even if that part gets totally wrecked thanks to the steel spring.

9 hours ago, mrelwood said:

That’s only one part of the chain of events and causes though. Riders don’t crash on KS or Inmotion “because they didn’t hear the beeps”. It’s because KS and IM don’t rely on the rider hearing the beeps as the only method of preventing accelerating past the speed capabilities of the EUC. I’m sure the S20 is the same way. If the rider doesn’t hear the beeps, I’m sure the S20 will tilt back gently to both inform the rider, as well as directly preventing the user from accelerating anymore.

Respectfully disagree here.

When I ride my 16X, it beeps most of the time before the tilt-back can engage. Most often during accelerations or on a gradient uphill (on or off-road).
A little too often, pedals start dipping because beeps are so close to an over-leaning situation.

I am wearing earmuffs almost eliminating wind noise and always managed to catch up the pedal dip before crashing - so far.
But I have no doubt riders crashed their Kingsong wheels after missing beeps, there's a few examples in these forums and on YouTube.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

Respectfully disagree here.

When I ride my 16X, it beeps most of the time before the tilt-back can engage. Most often during accelerations or on a gradient uphill (on or off-road).
A little too often, pedals start dipping because beeps are so close to an over-leaning situation.

I am wearing earmuffs almost eliminating wind noise and always managed to catch up the pedal dip before crashing - so far.
But I have no doubt riders crashed their Kingsong wheels after missing beeps, there's a few examples in these forums and on YouTube.

That is because the KS16X do not have same top speed safety room as previous KS wheels. KS should never have raised the speed limit above 45kmh as it was originally planed for in the design.

Both KS and IM wheels behave differently to GW-like wheels. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

Interesting sight in the video, how the "spokes" inside the motor look.

51520077417_e673297f51_o.png

If it is representative of the actual motor, there's good hope in the motor being on the light side :)

Material use is both shape and alloy depending. So is the weight. Such a picture do not really say much. I just hope they made it from something that is a good balance of lightweight and strength. 

• mrelwood changed the title to Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)