Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

To follow up on the grinding sound. Eevee’s has had my wheel for a week and has been in communication with KS and shared my video with the grinding sound with them. KS does not see it as an issue, but just for their own piece of mind Eevee’s did multiple stress tests with KS knowledge. It passed all tests and is on its way back home to me. They are confident that I won’t have any problems with the motor but should it make any clunking, scraping sounds they have said to stop riding it and notify them immediately. Also if KS does a motor recall it will go back to them.

I’m looking forward to getting my checked/verified wheel back. Thanks Eevee’s.

2 hours ago, supercurio said:

@jrhz06 would you have an audio/video recording of the grinding sound with your S22 for a second opinion?

I Fully agree with @supercurio to let him give the audio a listen for a second opinion! 

At the very least, there is definitely something amiss and if not the stator issue then bearings and the New issue of cracked bearing mount (seen on the Russian Telegram) are Also possibilities.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, supercurio said:

@jrhz06 would you have an audio/video recording of the grinding sound with your S22 for a second opinion?

Just looking for it, I think it’s more of a buzzing sound on acceleration but others are calling it a grinding sound.

2 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

I can say that i had exactly the same Sound and it dissappeared after removing the Kickstand + installed small plastik washers on the screws between the fender and the metal near the kickstand...its simply a resonating from/at the fender! Try it

But it can be every point related to the fender....basically every small mountingpoint (gives some torsion or something on the fender or not fastened enough or to loose) for example 

Yes, it sounds like a high pitch vibration of a loose part. Check for loose parts. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, jrhz06 said:

That's just a loose screw somewhere, likely on the display cover on the controller board, I had that after tinkering took some time to find it.

9 hours ago, Dubardo said:

My s22 keep giving me Er 32 every now and then when I boot up. Seems to be a problem with the bluetooth as it doesn't connect. anyone know what it is?

Yes me too.  That's normal.  When the lift handle is open its Er 32 and Bluetooth doesn't connect until the handle is closed. 

6 hours ago, gon2fast said:

I get that error if I roll it when the rear lever is not engaged. 

Yes me too.  Also, bluetooth doesn't connect until I engage the lever.  

Further, that leaver sucks.  I get cutouts at redlights from the slightest touch on the leaver. Its so sensitive and then it takes a few seconds to re-balance.  I disabled my lift-sensor in the app last 2 rides.  Hopefully it will remember the choice if I close rather than kill the app (?).  I'm wondering if I could cut the actual sensor and solder a switch onto its dead leads(?).  I already have a switch for that annoying beeper.

Edited by Elliott Reitz
  • Like 1

I get the same error, but my lever is solid, no problems with it.  It actually doesn't disengage my motor until it's pulled about an inch.  

I've been looking, but been unable to find.

Is there a way to change the display from KPH to MPH?  I can't find any setting anywhere that lets me adjust the display.

10 minutes ago, kiitick said:

Is there a way to change the display from KPH to MPH?  I can't find any setting anywhere that lets me adjust the display.

I was wondering the same. That and changing the brake light to solid red. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

What I would really like is a locking trolley handle. 

I have wondered if it would be possible to mod the existing handle so it will lock.  It seems like it should be feasible, but I haven't seen anyone do it yet.  

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 1:56 PM, Mrd777 said:

Hey folks just need a confirmation on the charging ports on the S22,       The charger should have GX16-6 pin. 123 + , 456 -   CORRECT?

thanks

Did you find out if correct? 

I guess the V13 will be the same too. 

On 9/16/2022 at 9:15 PM, Flying W said:

That's a cool way to the seat on the S22!

On 9/16/2022 at 9:34 PM, gon2fast said:

That is awesome, good job!

Thanks.  Here's a vid finally of the result!

11 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Turning my spring doesn’t seem to move my preload nut. Does anyone know what size spanner wrench will turn it?   I just can’t get it moving. 
thanks 

I have a set spanner wrenches.  None fit between suspension linkages without removing the bottom of the shock from the linkage.  Once that's off the spring and nut turn easy enough together.  And yes more preload = softer at the top because of the variable linkage ratio. Its 3:1 at the top and only 1:1 at the bottom.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elliott Reitz said:

more preload = softer at the top because of the variable linkage ratio. Its 3:1 at the top and only 1:1 at the bottom.  

I think you have it the wrong way around. When the preload is tighter, it takes more force to get the spring moving. It also shortens the available suspension travel.

The preload doesn't probably even reach far enough for the linkage rate to change very much, but even if it did, the shock itself is also stiffer, not softer, closer to the bottom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I think you have it the wrong way around. When the preload is tighter, it takes more force to get the spring moving. It also shortens the available suspension travel.

The preload doesn't probably even reach far enough for the linkage rate to change very much, but even if it did, the shock itself is also stiffer, not softer, closer to the bottom.

Think deeply... when its about to bottom and hits the rubber ... springs compressed gets stiffer by the inch... variable coils in cars... compression setting in the shock... etc.

All designed to be softer in the riding position compared to deeper and deeper compression.  KS posted a graph of the 3:1 down to 1:1 somewhere on someone's sales page.

{+) Re-reading your post we may not define "preload" the same.  I consider it the amount of tension dialed into the spring via the nut-tensioner (aka spanner nut).  More tension (tighter spring) means more "preload" pushing the travel higher towards the top of the range.  That's the soft 3:1 range of the non-linear linkage and why 750lbs spring (stock) / 3 is partly compressible by a typical 200 lbs rider doing a curb shot.  But lower the preload to less than the riders weight... you can even go lower than that with the stock spring... and it gets lower but stiffer as you go.  {++} Preload is inversely related to sag. 

Edited by Elliott Reitz
{+}