"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

fill the back of them with rtv as you screw them together. Generic plugs tend to have meager strain relief. Be thankful you didnt go neutrik or you'd never bother with another brand. :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet

For dayltime running lights I'd ideally like something  with an outer ring or line of white LEDs that don't flash and are just for visibility, more like on the V11, as orange can also get me into trouble here. Has anyone found anything of the sort?

Just received mine.  Do you guys notice an initial vibration when pulling away, more so than Gotway I would say?  

Struggling to determine what pads to use.  The stock ones seem to require more upper body lean perhaps due to location.  

Didnt realise that pressing the power button turns the rear light off.  

5 minutes ago, null said:

Nice if they review the controller panel, but red buttons is a bit cheesy..

Probably more durable than the old design and hopefully water resistant 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 7:51 AM, null said:

Nice if they review the controller panel. It looks like they redid the mould for that part.
The red buttons are a bit cheesy though, they already have the tail light in that fashion, I hope they stop it there.

Looking forward to seing the evolutions.

Where do you see info on the new panel?

1 hour ago, Kekafuch said:

Where do you see info on the new panel?

@Kekafuch, there was this video shown on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/1290045551/videos/10218589379987609/

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Espen R said:

Anyone knows which motor-cable goes where on the motherboard?

I've tried google, mailing Leaper Kim, asking Marty and of course the seller, but I haven't gotten any answers. 

I took a pic before I swapped my tire , hope it helps

boardpic.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Willy510 said:

boardpic.jpg

You could just connect the three to each posts. Then turn on the wheel. If anything is abnormal, just swap 2 of the wires and it will operate like normal. 

13 hours ago, Willy510 said:

boardpic.jpg

Thank you so much! 

4 hours ago, Kekafuch said:

You could just connect the three to each posts. Then turn on the wheel. If anything is abnormal, just swap 2 of the wires and it will operate like normal. 

Good to know! Thank you for the info

41 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

While the exact cause of what happened is under investigation, based on the evidence on hand it was a Gotway 100V Wheel (the battery on the MTen3 is different). Other manufacturers in this shipment, such as Inmotion, King Song, Veteran, have more sophisticated battery BMS cell monitoring, casings, battery manufacturing practices to minimize the likelihood of this type of event.  

All Veteran would need to do is release one or two solid lower-tier/more affordable/bit lighter models, for example similar category to the MSP/RS (so still 100v but closer to the ~$2k price-point and sub-60 lbs) in addition to their flagship Sherman--and then how long before the major distributors such as ewheels might decide Gotway just isn't worth the never-ending series of assembly/QA issues and drop them altogether? (Obviously they wouldn't have done that when Gotway was the only high-speed, 100v option.. but the existence of Veteran and success of the Sherman changes that, if only they also made a more middle 100v offering to fill the gap between the Sherman on one hand and the highest-end InMotion & King Song wheels on the other.)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2