"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

14 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

That would be a very bad suspension. Have you seen cars, motorcycles, bikes, or scooters shoot people up like a pogo stick? I have a suspension wheel and can tell you that it doesn’t behave like that. It’s not like you can do anything and ride without looking. But I definitely agree with @shellac, suspension is a safety feature. 

Ah fair enough I guess that makes sense. Maybe the user who had the pogo stick issue I'm thinking about didn't have their suspension calibrated properly. 

25 minutes ago, Shield said:

Surprised at the suspension comments. :confused1: How about 'Don't ride your EUC on a highway'! 

Lol, well I thought that was an obvious point and didn’t want to get back into the “struggle session” we had after the nyc Veteran demo day debacle. In case there’s any question, of course don’t ride it on the highway. 

9 hours ago, MrRobot said:

Ah fair enough I guess that makes sense. Maybe the user who had the pogo stick issue I'm thinking about didn't have their suspension calibrated properly. 

Yeah that was @Hsiang and I don’t think that’s supposed to happen with a properly calibrated suspension. 

And as for your point about the rider in the back not falling from his unsuspended wheel, I think the rider in front hit the manhole covers first and alerted him to their presence which helped him prepare. Also he was standing not seated. My point is the suspension will make the rider more likely to retain control. Certainly it’s possible to keep control on your unsuspended wheel, it’s just harder to do so. 

4 minutes ago, shellac said:

Lol, well I thought that was an obvious point and didn’t want to get back into the “struggle session” we had after the nyc Veteran demo day debacle. In case there’s any question, of course don’t ride it on the highway. 

Yeah that was @Hsiang and I don’t think that’s supposed to happen with a properly calibrated suspension. 

And as for your point about the rider in the back not falling from his unsuspended wheel, I think the rider in front hit the manhole covers first and alerted him to their presence which helped him prepare. Also he was standing not seated. My point is the suspension will make the rider more likely to retain control. Certainly it’s possible to keep control on your unsuspended wheel, it’s just harder to do so. 

I asked the rider that crashed about it and it was at 45mph and he had tire PSI at 57 so just a bit hard and bouncy. The wheel actually survived with little damage considering the speed

Good to hear he’s doing ok. 

BTW, if y’all ever catch me riding the FDR at 45 mph, at night, seated, it means I have suicidal ideations and should be taken straight to Bellevue. I should be in a padded room with a straightjacket, with Nurse Ratched on my case and on the schedule for a frontal lobotomy. :lol:

• Like 2

On 9/13/2020 at 12:52 PM, MrRobot said:

What chargers are people using can anyone recommend one that let's you program the % you want to charge to like the eWheels ones? 

No programming but 10a - https://www.aliexpress.com/i/33046715631.html

Edited by Shield

@MrRobot would the following charger work for the veteran with the GX-16 5pin Plug: 1+ 2+ and 4- 5- option ?

https://www.pmbatterychargers.com/900w-1008v-5a-7a-9a-current-adjustable-digital-display-partial-charge-lithium-li-ion-battery-charger-for-100v-gotway-free-shipping-p2579895.html

Would one have to switch pin 3 and 5? Thanks for your input.

31 minutes ago, Nekko 2 said:

@MrRobot would the following charger work for the veteran with the GX-16 5pin Plug: 1+ 2+ and 4- 5- option ?

https://www.pmbatterychargers.com/900w-1008v-5a-7a-9a-current-adjustable-digital-display-partial-charge-lithium-li-ion-battery-charger-for-100v-gotway-free-shipping-p2579895.html

Would one have to switch pin 3 and 5? Thanks for your input.

I don't know... Someone else should be able to answer this tho. I'm interested now too that seems like a good choice. 

Any 100v lithium charger will work as long as you either verify the plug or just put a new one on a generic 100v charger.  Unless you want a Grin charger , they are all hard to tell apart for quality unless you tear them apart.

If you are going to try and get the cheapest you can find or it's not a known and trusted source you really should verify the voltage and plug pinout if its supposed to work out of the box. 

I've seen some of the cheaper one vary wildly. 

This one is not expensive but not to the point it seems where it would necessarily be bad quality. The nice thing about this charger is it has partial charge function (stops at various points on the charging curve if desired, say 90% for example).

I was just asking about the pin swap because Mr Robot mentioning previously that pin 3 was supposed to be negative. Will probably ask when I come around to ordering the Veteran.

Have to say the Gotway RS looks kind of tempting right now :efefa6edcf:

20 minutes ago, Nekko 2 said:

This one is not expensive but not to the point it seems where it would necessarily be bad quality. The nice thing about this charger is it has partial charge function (stops at various points on the charging curve if desired, say 90% for example).

I was just asking about the pin swap because Mr Robot mentioning previously that pin 3 was supposed to be negative. Will probably ask when I come around to ordering the Veteran.

Have to say the Gotway RS looks kind of tempting right now :efefa6edcf:

AFAIK pin #3 isn't used on Gotway and Sherman. Only 1-2 & 4-5

• Like 1

Still no Bluetooth connection, Ive tried a few versions of Darkness Bot, but nothing on the new Sherman.  It just doest show up.  Any ideas?

Edited by Mrd777

Strange, maybe reboot your phone in case the BT has some bug? Or you can try the beta darknessbot by using the TestFlight app. Or check that the BT module of the Sherman is there at all? It’s the only little board that hovers over the motherboard. Maybe use a computer to check whether there is something called LKxx around 

All I can think of, good luck!

• Like 1

If

76v = 0%

99.5v = 100%

What voltage would 80% and 90% be? 

Edit:

(0 * 0.235) + 76 = 76v @ 0%

(50 * 0.235) + 76 = 87.75v @ 50%

(80 * 0.235) + 76 = 94.8v @ 80%

(90 * 0.235) + 76 = 97.15v @ 90%

(100 * 0.235) + 76 = 99.5v @ 100%

(99.5-76)/100 = 0.235  (this is how you find that number) 

Edited by MrRobot
  • Like 3