"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

7 hours ago, Shield said:

Preproduction models had Blue side shooter lights, first batch had Red side shooter lights. I'm not sure what they are shipping with now but I purchased this Amber version myself from Aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001316625876.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dDkj5sI

Thank you! Looks like they are available from US sellers on Ebay for those who are interested. Cheaper as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fbhb said:

My Sherman finally arrived here today in New Zealand and I believe it to be the First One to reach these distant shores!  Have only had a chance to do the preliminary checks, connect to EUC World, centre the knobby tire etc. so far, but although my Sherman is: LK1407 with firmware: 4.31 it oddly enough has the Blue flashers (maybe Veteran had some old stock they wanted to get rid of :laughbounce2:)!!!

123409282_2762992543923707_3693389042973

How do you check the firmware version?

26 minutes ago, HippoPig said:

How do you check the firmware version?

@null is correct, I used EUC World to find that I'm on 4.31

• Like 1

So I may have been bashing the seat from Phil in uk for being too expensive... 

I cheaped out and bought the AliExpress seat. Omg it sucked so hard! I prefered to sit directly on the sherman without that seat because it was horrible in every way.

Had to try the uk/phil seat and bought it too. It is great and worth every penny! Feels like I am riding a wheel with suspension. Very much recommend it!

Edited by zege

9 hours ago, fbhb said:

@null is correct, I used EUC World to find that I'm on 4.31

So bizarre because my firmware version is 1053.0 (per Darknessbot). My wheel is LK1258. I have red flashers on the light.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HippoPig said:

I’m on 1055.0 according to darknessbot. LK78

Some owners have said that Darknessbot and EUC World can report differing firmware on the same Sherman, so it does not appear to be conclusive! 

One of the Two apps must be correct, I guess but the Only sure way to know would be if there is a display screen on the Sherman to verify this? 

Maybe there is some screen hidden away in the advanced options that can confirm the actual firmware for us?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HippoPig said:

I’m on 1055.0 according to darknessbot. LK78

Even more bizarre. The 78th Sherman made reports a newer firmware version 1055.0 than the 1,258th made with 1053.0.

• 4 weeks later...

Briefly about the firmware version for Sherman🤔

telegram-cloud-photo-size-2-5330123963197665216-y.thumb.jpg.f5901d713f454b03781bbc6ad27b7055.jpg

Veteran's don't want users to see the firmware version in our apps. I think that the EUC World developer and I need to display the firmware version in the same format. The problem is that Veteran's don't say what format they intended the version to be in. You can vote for the version format:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2020 at 7:42 AM, Shield said:

Preproduction models had Blue side shooter lights, first batch had Red side shooter lights. I'm not sure what they are shipping with now but I purchased this Amber version myself from Aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001316625876.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dDkj5sI

On 11/1/2020 at 10:08 AM, Bridgeboy said:

Mine was the 1,158th off the assembly line and it came with red flashers.

Don't ALL COUNTRIES use Red and Blue for emergency vehicles?! I mean seriously, the only two colors that are most likely illegal EVERYWHERE are the two colors the Shermans came with.

I'll order what you did, thanks for the link. It looks like it comes with two of them?

I just received these and that was a waste of $30 and over a month waiting for them to deliver. I assumed you ordered compatible lights that could just be swapped out and plugged into the available port but these just terminate with loose wires. Also, the box indicates the lights are red and blue....not sure if its true but I'll never find out since it doesn't plug into the Sherman port.

I should have paid closer attention to the advertisement because there is a picture showing these have raw/loose wires...were you even aware of that @Shield?

1585708245_LEDLight.thumb.jpg.c925a883fdb8d90cdded64971af1612a.jpg

Here's the picture from the AliExpress page if you scroll all the way to the bottom (which I never bothered to do):

H5dcbb23762f74c49b9dff3739e92e9bdG.jpg (1000×1000) (alicdn.com)

Edited by Bridgeboy

16 hours ago, Bridgeboy said:

I just received these and that was a waste of $30 and over a month waiting for them to deliver. I assumed you ordered compatible lights that could just be swapped out and plugged into the available port but these just terminate with loose wires. Also, the box indicates the lights are red and blue....not sure if its true but I'll never find out since it doesn't plug into the Sherman port.

I should have paid closer attention to the advertisement because there is a picture showing these have raw/loose wires...were you even aware of that @Shield?

1585708245_LEDLight.thumb.jpg.c925a883fdb8d90cdded64971af1612a.jpg

Here's the picture from the AliExpress page if you scroll all the way to the bottom (which I never bothered to do):

H5dcbb23762f74c49b9dff3739e92e9bdG.jpg (1000×1000) (alicdn.com)

it can be wired up to work, if its not in your wheelhouse you can send it to me for the mod. Cost = parts and shipping

• Like 3

Cool offer Willy.  But Richmond to Clovis is only 2 charges away on a Sherman. (Clovis is Hmong capitol of the US).

Good luck BridgeBoy!

-Roger

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 12:20 PM, Willy510 said:

it can be wired up to work, if its not in your wheelhouse you can send it to me for the mod. Cost = parts and shipping

@Willy510I could probably figure it out if I knew what plug to buy to put on it. Do you know what parts I would need?

Edited by Bridgeboy

5 hours ago, Shield said:

I dismantled my original light desoldered the wires from the board and resoldered them on the new light.

This is exactly what I was planning on/expected to have to do when my Amber Flashing lights finally arrive from Ali.  Thanks @Shield for confirming your experience/procedure and the wiring scheme in the original Sherman light!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

On 12/15/2020 at 6:19 AM, Shield said:

All after market lights will have loose wiring and will need to have a 3.5mm jack installed in order for them to work with the Sherman. I dismantled my origunal light desoldered the wires from the board and resoldered them on the new light. Black wire is ground (-) the red wire is hot (+) and used for the main lights, yellow or white is hot (+) and used for the side lights. Sorry for any confusion.

The box on my light also only showed those colors but the actual light had amber side shooters. 

But can't we just buy a new "plug" to do this? Must we dismantle the original light from its plug?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bridgeboy said:

But can't we just buy a new "plug" to do this? Must we dismantle the original light from its plug?

almost any 3.5mm 3 pole solder type plug will work, Amazon, Ebay, digikey and the like 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 5:57 PM, Bridgeboy said:

You can most definitely do it that way (using the plug that @Willy510 posted above), or the way that @Shield suggested and described the steps to achieve the end result!  It's entirely up to you which route you take just as long as you are confident to carry out the soldering required for either method, then it should be quite straightforward.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Willy510 said:

almost any 3.5mm 3 pole solder type plug will work, Amazon, Ebay, digikey and the like 

2 hours ago, fbhb said:

You can most definitely do it that way (using the plug that @Willy510 posted above), or the way that @Shield suggested and described the steps to achieve the end result!  It's entirely up to you which route you take just as long as are confident to carry out the soldering required for either method, then it should be quite straightforward.

That's great that this seems so easy for you guys...would it be too much to ask for a link to a compatible plug that I could order online to be delivered to my house?

9 hours ago, fbhb said:

@Bridgeboy here is a link to the first good quality one I found available on Amazon, so it would arrive to you much quicker than a more cost effective option from Ali Express: https://www.amazon.com/DCFun-Headphone-Replacement-Adapter-Housing/dp/B076Y1LB29/ref=sr_1_16?dchild=1&keywords=3.5mm+3+pole+right+angle+jack+plug&qid=1608269140&sr=8-16

9 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Thanks guys! I ended up ordering these:

Amazon.com: Replacement TRS Male Plug 3 Pole Right Angle 3.5mm Solder Type DIY Audio Cable Connector YOUCHENG for Repair Headphones Headset(2-Pack): MP3 Players & Accessories

I get two of them and they looked like they might seal better/weather proof better.

• Like 1