"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

On 9/22/2020 at 6:21 PM, MrRobot said:

Still looking for a more official solution to "jump pads" or kuji pads. Ironic because they mostly work best for me because they keep your feet from jumping off the pedals when you hit unexpected bumps. 

OK, I guess that makes sense. When I first saw that you put them on there I was like "there ain't no way he is jumping and lifting this 77 pound wheel up in the air with his ankles..."

On 9/22/2020 at 1:28 AM, DjPanJan said:

No is primitive (old school) technology based control board EUC. (compared to inmotion / kingsong). Gotway not have update too and becasue veteran have "3 year old" gotway board logicaly you cannot update firmware easy way.

(i not own veteran im disapointed veteran burn under stress conditions Marty Backe OHH 1 try burn board  2 try(retry) Marty Backe hard cheated OHH test compared to standard one.

For me veteran is not capable OHH test this mean not good for people 100KG+ avoid this euc if you are heavy/big/fat rider.

Not capable 40 degree hill (wrongway! test).

Vetran sherman is fast euc with great range and inovative things (cage etc.) nothing more nothing less many people can love how is now.

Me not i hope they change some things(board)  close to perfect(safe) and after 6+ months or year Sherman can be my choice. This company need to grow up in time and continue on new batches EUC step by step to ideal EUC for all riders (include heavy 100+Kg /230 lbs+) .

I'm not sure I followed you, why again do you not think the Sherman is good for heavier riders? I got a 2nd batch coming to me soon and I weigh about 250-lbs at riding weight. The wheel itself is 77 freaking pounds so it makes no sense to me that it would not be suitable for heavier riders.

And concerning the Marty Backe Over Heat Hill  (OHH) I thought that problem was fixed and he made a redemption video...no? You're implying he cheated somehow the 2nd time?

• Like 3

On 9/27/2020 at 9:33 AM, Bridgeboy said:

I'm not sure I followed you, why again do you not think the Sherman is good for heavier riders? I got a 2nd batch coming to me soon and I weigh about 250-lbs at riding weight. The wheel itself is 77 freaking pounds so it makes no sense to me that it would not be suitable for heavier riders.

And concerning the Marty Backe Over Heat Hill  (OHH) I thought that problem was fixed and he made a redemption video...no? You're implying he cheated somehow the 2nd time?

the higher weight of any wheel would make it less suitable for heavier riders... since it also has to carry itself lol

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

the higher weight of any wheel would make it less suitable for heavier riders... since it also has to carry itself lol  :smartass::laughbounce2:

EUC for heavy riders in my definition is any euc what can handle.

1 overheat to extreme temperature  and not burn (fuse ,c.board ,w/ring,) 

2 handle overcurent sitiations nicely and not burn

3 is capable with heavy person nonstop climb hill or long inclines(miles long) and handle heat without damage EUC or rider example 90% battery under hill 15% on top of hill and not damage anything   (motor,wring,control board)

4 have working safety mechanism what inform/stop rider to prevent any EUC or rider damage caused by riding to hard or long inclines/hills

Top tier for heavy riders is MSP 2500W i hope all agree this.

Sherman is speed long cruiser and doing this job great. In extreme conditions compare to others power euc sherman have problem warning rider or stop self/protect from overheat/overcurent im 100% shure engeners fix this in next batches/months. 

"cheated" in Marty Backe  i mean firstime (burn ride) he ride nonstop and preproduction sherman stop ballance/burn board because overcurent. Second time Marty Backe ride more carefully with new motor and control board and he make more stops to control heat this test with extra cooling stops, veteran handle fine. This is just fact i watch  both videos in premiere and enjoy Martys content.  For me just test and retest was not same this is why say "cheated" mean not same condition he just not want go again OHH by walking and use hook of shame like he need do in first veteran(preproduction) try and V11(preproduction) burn fail.

Dont froget this fact almost all EUC manufacturers say our EUC is 120KG /260lbs capable is from tech spec. 

People under 110 kg / 260 lbs can understand this but they will never really understand what it is like and what it means to ride the EUC on the edge of its technical ability. And it is the responsibility of the manufacturer if he says that his EUC will carry such a weight to ensure that the EUC can protect itself in the event of extreme conditions and if the EUC fails to do so is faulty / defective or the manufacturer should reduce the rider's maximum weight in the documents. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

the higher weight of any wheel would make it less suitable for heavier riders... since it also has to carry itself lol

You obviously have lots more experience than I do but I'm still going to argue. A larger rider needs a more powerful motor and a larger battery to power it and to avoid cut outs due to sag. This means a larger wheel. A 3" tyre would also be better for a heavier rider than the older narrow tyres. Physically larger wheels are also more comfortable to ride for a larger rider, a larger rider on a 14" wheel, with it's correspondingly small pedals, would end up looking like a bear on a tricycle. On my EUC web database I tried to produce a report that would suggest the wheels that were better for heavier riders. It's probably not perfect but it's a fair start if someone's searching.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

You obviously have lots more experience than I do but I'm still going to argue. A larger rider needs a more powerful motor and a larger battery to power it and to avoid cut outs due to sag. This means a larger wheel. A 3" tyre would also be better for a heavier rider than the older narrow tyres. Physically larger wheels are also more comfortable to ride for a larger rider, a larger rider on a 14" wheel, with it's correspondingly small pedals, would end up looking like a bear on a tricycle. On my EUC web database I tried to produce a report that would suggest the wheels that were better for heavier riders. It's probably not perfect but it's a fair start if someone's searching.

thats correct.. i was being coy but actually the weight of the sherman comes from its frame and the larger batteries (not that they arent a huge help in considering something for larger riders.. but in reality anything ~1600 wh or >6p is really negligible).. not from the power of its motor or size of its tire which is matched by other, much lighter eucs

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

EUC for heavy riders in my definition is any euc what can handle.

1 overheat to extreme temperature  and not burn (fuse ,c.board ,w/ring,) 

2 handle overcurent sitiations nicely and not burn

3 is capable with heavy person nonstop climb hill or long inclines(miles long) and handle heat without damage EUC or rider example 90% battery under hill 15% on top of hill and not damage anything   (motor,wring,control board)

4 have working safety mechanism what inform/stop rider to prevent any EUC or rider damage caused by riding to hard or long inclines/hills

5 - mechanically endure riding on bumpy roads

ACtC-3e5_ckdJw3fxAM61moVVT_UZrRYTXwmAEW9

• Like 2

On 9/30/2020 at 1:29 AM, DjPanJan said:

Sherman is speed long cruiser and doing this job great. In extreme conditions compare to others power euc sherman have problem warning rider or stop self/protect from overheat/overcurent im 100% shure engeners fix this in next batches/months. 

Do you think they'll fix the Shermans that have been already manufactured with Firmware updates? Or do you think they'll only fix future Sherman's with updated hardware?

I'm around 250-LBS riding weight and my Sherman is 2nd batch and will be delivered in the coming days/weeks.

Edited by Bridgeboy
  • Like 2

So the official seat, I got it and have been practicing with it. Never been much of a seated rider before but with the Sherman it is nice. The official seat is hard and not that comfortable in my opinion. It also falls of if you stand up and ride at speeds above 35 kph. Have been needing to go back for picking it up again a couple of times. Last time it was about to fall of I just took it in my hand, then I sat down again without thinking that I had the seat in my hand. To my surprise it was fairly ok sitting without seat. Seem roughly to be the same comfort sitting on the wheel without the seat, just a bit lower down. The seat also opens the charge covers every time I sit down, so could be dangerous in bad weather.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bridgeboy said:

Do you think they'll fix the Shermans that have been already manufactured with Firmware updates? Or do you think they'll only fix future Sherman's with updated hardware?

I'm around 250-LBS riding weight and my Sherman is 2nd batch and will be delivered in the coming days/weeks.

I would like to answer you but I personally have no experience, I only saw videos and drew information from the forum here. I'm no expert, just a user who has changed the control board on the KS16X a few times and replaced the tire on the V10F, so my expertise ends to be clear.

Especially feel free to trust your EUC to do what others have recommended to you regarding wire insulation, etc. Be in contact with your dealer in case of anything strange that seems wrong to you. Firmware update over time will probably be easier. Gotway also does not have simple firmware updates and works well.
I don't know where you live all around me are the "Beskydy mountains" there are many hills and climbs and therefore for me as a heavy rider the EUC's resistance to climbing is crucial and much more important than for 95% of riders worldwide. Sherman has 35mm stator and rotor magnets that is a huge power with a huge battery. This is a combination which, from the point of view of physics, brings a lot of design challenges, especially in terms of cabling and electronics, so you can understand what is happening with the early batches.
I think if you don't overload Sherman or take extremes with him, it'll be fine. For me, Sherman will be "done" when he gets to the stage where he is now at the level of resistance to overvoltage and overheating of electronics as gotway MSP. As an example, there is the V11 which has heat problems at low speeds which lead to the burning of mosfets which engineers must solve either by improving the cooling or reducing the performance of a potentially redesigned control board.
By that I mean that no EUC is perfect in the first batches.

• Like 2

Thanks for the details about the firmware @Will R . If I understand you right the current version is 3.41? My production batch 1 got a chip update but it is only 1.053 . Seems like a lot have happened, I might have to plead for an update..

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, null said:

Thanks for the details about the firmware @Will R . If I understand you right the current version is 3.41? My production batch 1 got a chip update but it is only 1.053 . Seems like a lot have happened, I might have to plead for an update..

4.31 is the latest version I've seen in the wild. It's what erides are rolling out to their wheels sold in the UK. 4.29 was the first revision that fixed the cable melting and pedal dipping, and 4.31 has some minor performance tweaks on top of that. 

• Like 3

Hi,has anyone noticed strange motor behavior after turning on front light? It feels like motor is choking for few seconds, sometimes changing position of front light cable helps. What is goin on?

Edited by Marek Mazur

I have had my sherm for a few days.  The first thing I did was attach the pads that came with it.  They seem to force me to keep my legs straight.  I decided to remove them and see what thats like.  It makes the wheel feel smaller and easier to manage in tight places.  It is also easier for me to ride with bent knees.  I don't feel as locked on, but I think I'm not putting them back on.  Anyone else tried it both ways?

-Roger

Edited by roghaj

13 minutes ago, roghaj said:

I have had my sherm for a few days.  The first thing I did was attach the pads that came with it.  They seem to force me to keep my legs straight.  I decided to remove them and see what thats like.  It makes the wheel feel smaller and easier to manage in tight places.  It is also easier for me to ride with bent knees.  I don't feel as locked on, but I think I'm not putting them back on.  Anyone else tried it both ways?

-Roger

First thing I did was put the pads on and took a ride around the block. Second thing I did was yank them off as soon as I got back home. I much prefer to ride without the bulky pads but I did but some rubber bumper grip from Amazon and cut it to fit. It doesn't add any width and makes the sides more grippy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0814LX1QX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered it.... $5.00... what could go wrong.

Update: I put it on with 3M VHB tape.  Looks great and feels better.  also put some across the top where I can sit and it doesn't slide around as much.

-Roger

Edited by roghaj
update
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Marek Mazur said:

Hi,has anyone noticed strange motor behavior after turning on front light? It feels like motor is choking for few seconds, sometimes changing position of front light cable helps. What is goin on?

This happened to me the first time I unboxed the new wheel and tested the front light. It would make a wierd noise and vibrate until I turned off the light or moved the wheel. It's been a few days now and the problem never came back so I have no clue what happened. 

15 hours ago, Shield said:

First thing I did was put the pads on and took a ride around the block. Second thing I did was yank them off as soon as I got back home. I much prefer to ride without the bulky pads but I did but some rubber bumper grip from Amazon and cut it to fit. It doesn't add any width and makes the sides more grippy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0814LX1QX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I found the pads really great, all I did was add a layer of softer foam to the contact points. I think what people are missing is the positioning of the pad. If you just blindly stick it on in the intended grove it won’t match up with your angled leg. I have the rear of the pad angled up so your shin fits parallel with the pad.  It took time to get it perfect but they really help with accelerating and braking.