"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

im coming from a ks16s, aka 2 or 3 generations back...i'm sure a lighter 16inch sherman version with less battery will be an improvement...plus i never tried to imply that a smaller wheel would ride just as nice as this one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, null said:

The 8A charge ports sound nice, I would get them to swap.

I wouldn’t worry too much about that. the single pinned GX16-5 charge ports can handle 7A on the spec sheet with no heat buildup, i genuinely don’t think 1 more amp will cause catastrophic failure by using an 8A charger. 

I have the stock 5A coming plus i can stack my Gotway 3A or my 6.5A fast charger does i will get 8-11.5A charging if needed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shield said:

From eWheels Veteran Sherman preorder page.

5th July Updates

Production #s for batch 1: we had increased the order quantity for batch 1 from 50-100; as of this morning the factory only has 50x of the motors available for first shipment by container date of July 14th. There will be a communication in the next few days of deposit placement dates & shipping arrival times.

Street Tires: 70% of the initial production run will have a street tire fitted (exact model/type will be confirmed in the next few days).

Pedal Dip on Sharp Turns: this reported behaviour from the preproduction evaluation Wheel is expected to be less pronounced dipping on tight turns before shipping.

Display: production release will include a MPH read-out & an improved transparent plastic layer over the LCD interface

Bluetooth App Support: there’s a new beta release of Darknessbot, which now supports the base feature set for communicating with the Wheel for obtaining battery/speed stats, etc. EUC World & enhanced Sherman specific extensions are expected in the next month.

Charge Port Upgrades: the GX16-5 charge port connector will be fitted with wires on pin 1-2 (+) & 4-5 (-) to support up to 8A for a single charger.

Pads: the Sherman will be shipping with a set of pads as standard equipment (picture to follow), our PowerPads are available too at the time of these arrivals.

Fender & Seats: Veteran is working on designing a Custom fender for the Wheel, seats are a lower priority, but should be available within the next 6-8 weeks.

So who gets the tyre we’ve seen reviewed, and who gets the mystery street tyre?

I’ve not had an update from my distributor - wondering if this relates to e wheels order only.

• Like 2

Kuji Rolls 

Facebook post 1Hour ago

"Got about five miles before the new street tire got unseated and the inner tube popped. Not sure of root cause, but maybe my preference of 15-20psi pressures had something to do with it."

107594531_1036186343445700_8120829740454

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Pedal dip look serious problem.

Don't think so, seems it only happens above 40mph. 

It's still reassuring that the only negative points are all minor stuff. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

Don't think so, seems it only happens above 40mph. 

It's still reassuring that the only negative points are all minor stuff. 

Pedal dip, but ONLY at speeds that you are surely NOT going to like it? Sounds like a BIG deal to me, NOT a 'minor' one. Veteran isnt doing user updateable firmware are they? I plan to ride in the +40mph a lot, or why would I even buy one of these?! Hopefully pedal dip isnt that big a deal, or Im misunderstanding the issue entirely.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Pedal dip, but ONLY at speeds that you are surely NOT going to like it? Sounds like a BIG deal to me, NOT a 'minor' one. Veteran isnt doing user updateable firmware are they? I plan to ride in the +40mph a lot, or why would I even buy one of these?! Hopefully pedal dip isnt that big a deal, or Im misunderstanding the issue entirely.

ever ride a Monster 100V in soft mode? That’s what he’s referring to. Doesn’t really do it much in hard mode and honestly Sherman Hard mode is still relatively soft.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

So far in veteran reviews, 2/3 stated they did not experience the Pedal dip, the only common factor was speed. It's in no way a confirmed reason for the dip. 

Veteran themselves, have stated that they are aware of the issue and are going to fix it in the next firmware update. 

Veteran did say they will be distributing the firmware to dealers, they never said the dealers can't give it to riders. 

They have confirmed that they are working with  darknessbot and EUC World to make it accessible to the veteran. 

Hopefully this means you can also do updates with those apps in the future? 

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 2

It looks like @palachzzz has added Veteran Sherman support to WheelLog.

• Like 2

I have a couple of interesting observations.

I got the first wheel from @Afeez Kay at erides.co.uk (referral)  (highly recommended, cheapest in europe and he's a top bloke)..

Afeez has custom firmware that supports miles as well as KM. Here's how it looks.

image.png.397b3c5e6272b29ab55d4cd0027edc96.pngimage.png.e928d621cd7b9492492eecf5c307caa8.png

Secondly, just tried Wheellog (thanks @palachzzz) and the Sherman supports streaming the voltage WHILE you're charging, so you can know when it's ready to go, or if you're only wanting to charge to 80% (top of a hill for example)

Edited by Simon Feenan Vans-Colina
  • Like 3