King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

20 minutes ago, fbhb said:

well there ya go, see those pedals are completely different... you might be able to mod some other pedals to somehow work, but from this video it seems to me that they are proprietary now

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

The pedals are indeed pretty different. The rod is held in place by a small set screw in the bottom, and it actually has a groove that the set screw bites into. I like the way the spring holds the pedals up, feels better than a magnet actually!
I adjusted the pedals up to the top setting, and it fits me much better. It is more comfortable and easier to grab onto now. Maybe I missed it in King Song's video, but I didn't see the little aluminum block in the back that loosens up when you loosen the 4 retaining bolts. It wasn't hard to figure out how to do though, I did it just before they posted the video, haha! Also holy smokes those bolts were tight!

On another note, I definitely want to find a better dual sport sort of tire. It uh, didn't handle the little patch of loose dusty dirt I tried to go through 😅 We're both okay though 😉

I had a fun 13 mile ride this evening though! A little over 1000ft of elevation gain total, and back down. Battery was at 78V when I got back, "63%" according to EUC World. It's super fun to carve this thing, I really want to find a dual sport tire that doesn't have too much "gyro" effect.

IMG_20200730_233413.jpg

IMG_20200730_233429.jpg

Edited by redfoxdude
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I don’t think the 16X pedals fit other KSs either.

oh yea, completely forgot about the 16X lmao... yea those are for some reason different from the XL pedals of kingsong wheels... but i do think they are a standard fit so you could put gotway or inmotion pedals on there... im not too sure about the 18XL pedals though it looks the same to my eye

47 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

The pedals are indeed pretty different. The rod is held in place by a small set screw in the bottom, and it actually has a groove that the set screw bites into. I like the way the spring holds the pedals up, feels better than a magnet actually!
I adjusted the pedals up to the top setting, and it fits me much better. It is more comfortable and easier to grab onto now. Maybe I missed it in King Song's video, but I didn't see the little aluminum block in the back that loosens up when you loosen the 4 retaining bolts. It wasn't hard to figure out how to do though, I did it just before they posted the video, haha! Also holy smokes those bolts were tight!

I may have missed this so sorry for my ignorance, but how many positions are there for the pedal height? And what is the factory default setting? And I assume that this will change how the foot matches up to the built in "kuji pads"? Is the comfort increase you noticed due to the placement/fitment of your foot in regards to these lower pads?

4 hours ago, redfoxdude said:

On another note, I definitely want to find a better dual sport sort of tire. It uh, didn't handle the little patch of loose dusty dirt I tried to go through 😅 We're both okay though 😉

I had a fun 13 mile ride this evening though! A little over 1000ft of elevation gain total, and back down. Battery was at 78V when I got back, "63%" according to EUC World. It's super fun to carve this thing, I really want to find a dual sport tire that doesn't have too much "gyro" effect.

IMG_20200730_233413.jpg

IMG_20200730_233429.jpg

This is one of the least Gyro affect feeling tires I’ve ever ridden on in the EUC lineup. I took mine off road for about 2 miles which isn’t really much but I thought it did OK. I agree with you about the carving part being really good with this tire. For me tires that have the Gyro affect do not carve very well. 

I might try to adjust the pedals like you did. Do you think I should raise them because I’m shorter or lower them? 

3 hours ago, redfoxdude said:

It seems like there are 3 positions, just shy of 1cm between each position. It comes set at the middle one. And exactly, it's so you can align your foot/ankles with the pads. The comfort increase indeed because of how the pads align with my feet and ankles in the higher position.

Now this is interesting because from what I’ve read up until this point there were two settings. And it came at the higher setting of the two - and you could lower it if desired to the lower setting. You are sure there are three settings?

5 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

This is one of the least Gyro affect feeling tires I’ve ever ridden on in the EUC lineup. I took mine off road for about 2 miles which isn’t really much but I thought it did OK. I agree with you about the carving part being really good with this tire. For me tires that have the Gyro affect do not carve very well.

idk what it is about the 5102 but it has absolutely zero gyro effect at any speed.. makes it feel like whatever you're riding is a much smaller wheel.. does your 18XL have the same tire? most do but I put the 1488 on mine I really like that tire in 2.5" and below but the 3" variant like on the msx wants to stay straight too much I don't like it as the 3" variant

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

idk what it is about the 5102 but it has absolutely zero gyro effect at any speed.. makes it feel like whatever you're riding is a much smaller wheel.. does your 18XL have the same tire? most do but I put the 1488 on mine I really like that tire in 2.5" and below but the 3" variant like on the msx wants to stay straight too much I don't like it as the 3" variant

I totally agree and my 18XL does have the CY-H 5102 18x2.5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

Exactly what I was hoping for. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rywokast said:

idk what it is about the 5102 but it has absolutely zero gyro effect at any speed.. makes it feel like whatever you're riding is a much smaller wheel..

No wonder, it’s the smallest 18x3.0” tire I know. The width measures only 2.65” - 2.7”.

• Like 2

Time to rip mine apart it seems. Anyone have the front panels off yet? My rear panel arrived loose in the box. I can see how the top panel comes loose. However, pulling on the front panels hasnt gotten me anywhere and I dont want to break it. At least they rattle already now, so thats good.  And yes, its a very narrow tire. We suspected they had to find a narrow one to stop rubbing, now we know for sure. At 6'3" and built like Gumby, the stock position on the pedals fits my ankles fine. Of course the padding is hard enough that it teaching me to ride loose and not let them touch much.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Time to rip mine apart it seems. Anyone have the front panels off yet? My rear panel arrived loose in the box. I can see how the top panel comes loose. However, pulling on the front panels hasnt gotten me anywhere and I dont want to break it. At least they rattle already now, so thats good.  And yes, its a very narrow tire. We suspected they had to find a narrow one to stop rubbing, now we know for sure. At 6'3" and built like Gumby, the stock position on the pedals fits my ankles fine. Of course the padding is hard enough that it teaching me to ride loose and not let them touch much.

Speaking of the narrow tire and tire rub. I can get mine to rub under hard cornering or side force. To be fair it is rare and dose not bother me. My old MSuper V3 rubbed more. 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Speaking of the narrow tire and tire rub. I can get mine to rub under hard cornering or side force. To be fair it is rare and dose not bother me. My old MSuper V3 rubbed more. 

So to be fair, this has been an issue in the past and euc companies arent remembering to learn from each other?

I did finally get my side panel off. For those wondering, the side panels are screwed on under the padding and then slide forward. I managed to get mine off without breaking it. I did locate screws missing. Heres those..

missing screws.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Mine does not rub on hard cornering. Bummer you guys are having issues. In the very beginning I failed to remove my suspension block but after that all is well. 

Dang Shane sorry your having issues. Wished I could  help. I have drilled holes in my fender.:o

Adjustable Go Pro mount.

50173733832_1b55f988ba_b.jpg50173476806_980d3d2f3a_b.jpg

50173734372_35fc1302db_b.jpg

:confused1::blink1: The terminator wheel has a tail??? 
...... Creepy !! 
Are you heating the tail up with the exhaust pipe for more damage points?? 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Mine does not rub on hard cornering. Bummer you guys are having issues. In the very beginning I failed to remove my suspension block but after that all is well. 

Dang Shane sorry your having issues. Wished I could  help. I have drilled holes in my fender.:o

Adjustable Go Pro mount.

50173734372_35fc1302db_b.jpg

Ah, the good ole taint shot, good choice. I could make some very XX rated comments about how a fall could go, with that thing on there. :)

Fwiw, the screws inside that attach the black shoruding is basic computer screw size. I dont have a clue what that is, but i have a bag of them here.  Anyhow, off to fastenal I go for the screws I dont have. Its almost time to ride and break this beast. At least now I know that Jason has my back and I can get the sides off. DOnt worry, those front panels are NOT going to pop off unless you break them. A little rtv on the rear panel snaps and thatll fix that. I'll probably rtv it lightly where it meets plastics to minimize the rattle. I rode a couple miles and it sounded like I was riding a box of plastic parts. lol

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Patton250 said:

I might try to adjust the pedals like you did. Do you think I should raise them because I’m shorter or lower them? 

I do really like the way this tire feels on the road! It can do okay on a little bit of off road, but not great on super loose dusty stuff of course. 
Hmm, where does your ankle bump line up in relation to the padding? After raising the pedals, my ankle bumps line up here:
IMG_20200727_235818.jpg.0d39ecc0877a187e657b8d021133ab4b.jpg

4 hours ago, EUChristian said:

Now this is interesting because from what I’ve read up until this point there were two settings. And it came at the higher setting of the two - and you could lower it if desired to the lower setting. You are sure there are three settings?

I am absolutely sure, yes. This was one of the newer changes for the production units, they added extra adjustment for the pedal height.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Fwiw, the screws inside that attach the black shoruding is basic computer screw size. I dont have a clue what that is, but i have a bag of them here.  

If they are the same as the six screws for the pedal hanger/battery case clamps, I believe they are M3 screws (those ones are 12mm, I wanna replace them with some socket caps...)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

If they are the same as the six screws for the pedal hanger/battery case clamps, I believe they are M3 screws (those ones are 12mm, I wanna replace them with some socket caps...)

seems like ita the same. The battery box screws are quite a bit longer tho. Of course its the same cheap metal screws they have in the rest of their productions. I'll go find a big ass bag of them, since them being missing or total junk seems common.

28 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

I do really like the way this tire feels on the road! It can do okay on a little bit of off road, but not great on super loose dusty stuff of course. 
Hmm, where does your ankle bump line up in relation to the padding? After raising the pedals, my ankle bumps line up here:
IMG_20200727_235818.jpg.0d39ecc0877a187e657b8d021133ab4b.jpg

I am absolutely sure, yes. This was one of the newer changes for the production units, they added extra adjustment for the pedal height.

And is that new setting good for you with the ankle bumping there?