2.0 firmware for KS-18L/XL is available

Seba

Just now, Circuitmage said:

I saw that post, was thinking there was some updated information.

Maybe there is another setting that I need to check that got changed after FW update. I dont ever recall a "red light while charging" option though.

if there is it eludes me.... ive never heard of this before but perhaps someone else has had this happen and didnt mention it? lol.. seems like something that would be brought up immediately if that was a normal thing though

The front light- the one on the same side of the wheel as my on off button lights up red when I am charging.  Not sure about the fan as I have the ewheels quick charger and it’s got a fan that is much louder than the internal fan of the wheel.  I don’t think I would have noticed if the fan on the wheel is on.  

19 hours ago, Joker10 said:

The front light- the one on the same side of the wheel as my on off button lights up red when I am charging.  Not sure about the fan as I have the ewheels quick charger and it’s got a fan that is much louder than the internal fan of the wheel.  I don’t think I would have noticed if the fan on the wheel is on.  

Thanks for confirming. The fan is on just for a second right after plugged in. I havent ridden much since update,  prob will in morning. 

Be aware that if you hit the power button to try to turn off that red light while charging with firmware 2.0 your wheel will turn on and the motor will spin as soon as the charge cycle is finished or the charger is unplugged.  Hopefully the next firmware update will fix this safety issue.   

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

If the KS18L doesnt fit your needs NOW, you probably need to look elsewhere, as this pony is probably at the top of its classes game atm.

Excellent summary!

I also have trouble imagining how it could get any better than this, aside from a little polishing ans bug-squashing (light modes, etc.)

• Like 2

@ShanesPlanet I agree with your statements. I have only ridden with 2.0 a couple times now, but it seems to make faster speed smoother. I also set one warning, I think around 25mph and tiltback higher.

I personally had a lot of problems when my lift sensors were activated, so I run with them disabled.

The upgrade to FW 2.0 on the EUCW app was perfectly smooth for me as well. And yes...I did also note the battery level indication was more realistic. I have gotten used to running my battery down to ~40% and then noticing a drastic performance change. I just so happened to upgrade FW when the battery was showing 50% on the LED's, but the EUCW app showed it was 35% or 38% (can't remember exactly), which makes sense. I tend to always recharge with 3 or 4 LEDs on the wheel.

One minor thing....it seems like you have to hold the button down a bit longer to turn it off. Maybe it's just me, but every since installing 2.0, I go to shut off my wheel it it just cycles the lights, so I have to hold it a bit longer. Maybe my imagination.

Edited by Circuitmage
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I was shocked that I wasnt shocked at all.

Tha sums up my impression of the tilt back as well.  Major improvement.  2.0 makes me feel so much more comfortable at higher speed, I was hitting 31 mph(27 actually) all over the place last week.  I thought I must have forgot to charge and was going slower, but i was maxing it out.  Now I want more speed, but will have to wait for king song to upgrade that on a future wheel I guess.   As a corollary, I am eating the battery up quicker for the same distance now that I am riding faster.  Might have to consider the battery upgrade on the 18l one day.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Joker10 said:

Tha sums up my impression of the tilt back as well.  Major improvement.  2.0 makes me feel so much more comfortable at higher speed, I was hitting 31 mph(27 actually) all over the place last week.  I thought I must have forgot to charge and was going slower, but i was maxing it out.  Now I want more speed, but will have to wait for king song to upgrade that on a future wheel I guess.   As a corollary, I am eating the battery up quicker for the same distance now that I am riding faster.  Might have to consider the battery upgrade on the 18l one day.

EXACTLY! I too began to think that a battery upgrade would be in my future. $800 is a HUGE amount tho, about 1/2 what the wheel cost me.  I figured I'd wait until this battery shows some signs of aging. By then, there may be a newer model out. With xl pedals and trolley, i have a basic XL, less 500wah of battery or 30% less.  Even if i got an xl, im betting it would be a week and I'd still want more battery.  Im now eyeballing a 'fast charger' instead. The real solution would be to win the lotto and own duplicates. There are larger wheels, but im not so keen on lugging more weight.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

That’s what I settled on.  I really love my ewheels fast charger.  I usually charge to 90% and it usually lasts me for half a week.  On the weekends I might do a 100% charge for a long ride, and if I need to I throw it in a backpack and stop and charge it at 5 amps, when I stop to get some food.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Supafast said:

i updated my ks18xl to new firmware via kingsong app, and its locked my wheel speed to 20km/h! any ideas

unlock it? xD is it preventing you from moving the slider?? did it reset km or something?

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

unlock it? xD is it preventing you from moving the slider?? did it reset km or something?

it won't let me move the slider setting past 20km/h, and kept giving error in chinese. i deleted the app from my lg phone, and installed in my new samsung phone and it works. im able to move slider till 50km/h. i was freaking out lol. 

thanks for the reply bud. =)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Supafast said:

it won't let me move the slider setting past 20km/h, and kept giving error in chinese. i deleted the app from my lg phone, and installed in my new samsung phone and it works. im able to move slider till 50km/h. i was freaking out lol. 

thanks for the reply bud. =)

aah, the shitty app.. no surprise there.. should install euc world so much better

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Thatmustache said:

@ShanesPlanet

did you ever resolve this somehow? Im wondering if I should update my ks18xl to 2.0 or not. I'll be using the EUC world app

Yes, it has worked perfectly since I managed to update to fw 2.0   I used the Kingsong app and updated, but that was before they removed it and changed it. I just got lucky and the app happened to be working that day and the FW to 2.0 went smoothly. Once I got the update, i promptly switched over to EUCW and havent looked back. I think some of my speed setting issue was attributed to wrong settings(my fault). I can't comment on how the KS app works now, but i can say that the fw 2.0 is a noticeable improvement to me. I like to keep it simple. I have both an ipad mini2 and a cheap droid device, just for these kind of random incedents. If you are on droid, i THINK eucw supports firmware and KS very well, I trust @Seba track record over KS on that. You can also check DB, but i dont know if it has FW updates, I found it lacking in the version i tried. If it were me, I'd definitely try to use EUCW to update. I trust Seba to try and help should it need arise, and FW 2.0 is a delight to ride. VERY smooth tiltback at 31mph and quiet acceleration(all opinion of course). I dont know if the XL whines like my 18L used to, but that was noticeably different as well. Beware! I hear that pre 2.0 would allow you to 'calibrate; the pedals at angle for rider preference. Since 2.0, the KS has to be calibrated level. I personally used level from day one, so this effected me zilcho.*Remember to reset your speed limits and tiltback and allow it to AUTO calibrate the trolley. Calibrate the wheel level, as best you can, for best performance... Ride like the wind, share us the eucw tours!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Kryziss said:

Hi! I am considering the 18L and I can't find an up to date number for the real life range. What is it like for you right now?

What is the Wh/km of your current riding style? Calculating from that is the closest you can get without actually riding the wheel.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2020 at 8:49 AM, seage said:

Hey all, so i did what @meepmeepmayer mentioned and did a purposeful extreme calibration. Now i didnt calibrate it on its side or something funky. It was actually pretty much perfectly straight, but i tilted it far back, and figured id make a quick video outlining what happens on turning. The ground in my garage flows downwards slightly, you know, no flooding, so on. So i did notice a difference in the level when uphill, downhill and sideways (level). When i pushed the wheel the opposite direction, it kept the same angle. Only when i turned 180 or even 90 degrees did it shift. Maybe this is how its always balanced, but i didnt notice before?

I like how my thumbnails no longer show up on here...whyyy?

On 1/12/2020 at 8:49 AM, seage said:

Hey all, so i did what @meepmeepmayer mentioned and did a purposeful extreme calibration. Now i didnt calibrate it on its side or something funky. It was actually pretty much perfectly straight, but i tilted it far back, and figured id make a quick video outlining what happens on turning. The ground in my garage flows downwards slightly, you know, no flooding, so on. So i did notice a difference in the level when uphill, downhill and sideways (level). When i pushed the wheel the opposite direction, it kept the same angle. Only when i turned 180 or even 90 degrees did it shift. Maybe this is how its always balanced, but i didnt notice before?

I like how my thumbnails no longer show up on here...whyyy?

Hello my friend, I ve same issue of you.

Could you tell me how you fix it?

many thanks