2.0 firmware for KS-18L/XL is available

Seba

17 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Did you purchase the wheel like this or convert it? Were you throttled in v1.00? For me it's not a pain to downgrade but I really like the silence and new light settings. I don't go on long enough rides to have the thottling affect me to much. That and I'm used to the small battery on my 100v MSX

I just bought the 2200w KS18XL 2 weeks ago. It came with firmware 1.0 and it worked beautifully and I never experienced throttling before the update.

I charged to 100% and went for a ride today. I can confirm that since the update to 2.0 the warning beeps do not work anymore for some reason. I tried setting the warnings multiple times with different values without luck. This greatly affects my riding confidence because now I could get the random tilt-backs without a warning at any time especially bellow 50% battery.

Where did you get the tuning software? I guess I'll write to ewheels.com to see if they could assist.

On 1/17/2020 at 7:16 AM, seage said:

This made me burst out laughing. Its 7am and i woke the house. Thanks for that, LOL. 

Mine doesnt even listen long enough to get a look of disgust. Any mention of a wheel or any other toy, and I get a blank stare. Ive told her many many times, that a marraige should include an attempt at pretending to give a shit. :) 20 yrs+ so far, fighting a lost battle on that one...

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

My wife likes the wheel now.  When I go to her work place she asks me if I rode the wheel.  She  tells any patrons who haven’t seen it and they will come out and watch when I leave.  She didn’t like it before I bought the first one.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Mine doesnt even listen long enough to get a look of disgust. Any mention of a wheel or any other toy, and I get a blank stare. Ive told her many many times, that a marraige should include an attempt at pretending to give a shit. :) 20 yrs+ so far, fighting a lost battle on that one...

I'm actually glad they don't share our fixated interests; in a way I think it broadens our perspective of things. I jump into the rabbit hole every time I find something new and interesting, and my girlfriends dead-empty eyes makes me realize that this might not be the most important thing in the world:)

44 minutes ago, Joker10 said:

My wife likes the wheel now.  When I go to her work place she asks me if I rode the wheel.  She  tells any patrons who haven’t seen it and they will come out and watch when I leave.  She didn’t like it before I bought the first one.

My girlfriend likes EUC’s, she even likes to ride on long trips with me, but she has absolutely no interests in how it works or why tire pressure, fw updates, shoes or battery technology are very important things:)  

32 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I found the limit on 18XL (2000W 2.0) acceleration. :unsure:

Battery: 38 % at rest, probably very low during my extreme acceleration

Volts: 71 at rest

45 km (28 miles) and 3 hours of riding before the incident

Temperature: +1C (33F)

Speed: 42,5 km/h (26,5 mph)

I was on the last straight before gettin home. Ground uneven sand path that was frozen. Very good grip. I was riding very hard for all day and enjoying strong accelerations. I wanted to have one more go as the path was straight and empty. I pushed really hard but nothing that I hadn’t done before. I started at maybe 20 km/h and got up to 42 km/h in a matter of meters. I was doing a superman acceleration and hit a couple of bigger bumps. I felt I’ve gone too far as the wheel didn’t follow as quickly. I was already in an extreme Michael Jackson position when I felt a little pedal dip and went down. I’m ok, nothing really hurts. My wheel is ok too, just scratches. 

I think the Very cold batteries at this point dipped too low to support that kind of leaning. Remember to keep it chill below 50 %. This new responsive feel is too addictive. B)

Glad you're OK! 

Updated to 2.0 today and took a test drive. I didn't like it. The wheel is much more active now and tries to adjust all the time. When I turn sharply, the pedals tilt back slightly. Same when carving. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

1 hour ago, Michael D said:

Updated to 2.0 today and took a test drive. I didn't like it. The wheel is much more active now and tries to adjust all the time. When I turn sharply, the pedals tilt back slightly. Same when carving. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Sounds like you need to recalibrate.

.... also though check the 16X Issues thread, at the end the conversation continues from people having what sounds like a similar problem.

Edited by FreeRide

2 hours ago, Michael D said:

Turning sharply makes the pedals tilt back. This way if the pedal scrapes, it will be your heel that hits first and not your toe! Look at any veteran rider's pedals and you'll see why they made this change. The wheel should be more active/responsive. The tiltback while turning is weird at first but I like that better than tilting forward while turning. 

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

Turning sharply makes the pedals tilt back. This way if the pedal scrapes, it will be your heel that hits first and not your toe! Look at any veteran rider's pedals and you'll see why they made this change. The wheel should be more active/responsive. The tiltback while turning is weird at first but I like that better than tilting forward while turning. 

The pedal tilting is definitely more active in the 2.00 update. The tilting is consistent and predictable imo, which has made adjusting to it a fairly easy process. Imo, once you get used to it, it feels very intuitive and enhances the riding experience. 

The pedal tilting makes sense because the sharper the turn, the less likely you are to be going fast. 

2 hours ago, Michael D said:

Yeah, I feel the same effect. I calibrated carefully. Definitely active adjustment. I kind of like it. Sometimes its annoying when carving, but at slow speed its so fun to turn sharply. Feels like precision control. 

4 hours ago, Michael D said:

Hm i don't have any tilting, not in sharp turns or when carving. I only calibrated once on 0 after the update. Pedals are rock solid like on my 16X.

Before the update my XL was doing all the tilting, in sharp slow turns etc. what really annoyed me a lot, even after many calibrations it was still tilting, but now pedals are as stiff as a board. :) 

Edited by RoadRunner

Ive gotten used to the tilt. Its more noticable on mine because i was stubborn and calibrated to 0.8 degrees forward as when i had it perfectly level, i basically lived on my heels. It tilts a bit more back now, but it forces me into a more active stance when I'm riding hard, and ive gotten used to it. I do enjoy how fast it is to level out though. I can predict what the wheel is gonna do pretty well which allows me to ride faster with confidence. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bigwave said:

I have an even Noobier question.....

How do I get this King Song App? It says not available in my country when I try the King Song website.

Is there something I missed?

Just download the EUC world app, it will do the job. I don't recommend the Kingsong app.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Any suggestions for Apple IOS ?

The KingSong app have been pulled and a new version is in the pipeline, else you can use Darknessbot on iOS that also allows updates.

https://www.espritroue.fr/topic/11602-app-ios-kingsong-introuvable/?do=findComment&comment=228642

Edited by null
  • Like 2