2.0 firmware for KS-18L/XL is available

Seba

@Jason McNeil made it possible for development of full KS api through Darknesbot.

Apprently KS is not meeting Apples terms for new app design, why I don't know. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bigwave said:

Any suggestions for Apple IOS ?

There isn’t a EUC World app solution for IOS, but there is a cure. First you have to go to a rehab where you gradually will learn how to make choices of you own until you are ready for Android;) I don't know if they are working on an EUC World IOS version. Ask @Seba.

Edited by Espen R

11 minutes ago, Espen R said:

There isn’t a solution for IOS, but there is a cure. First you have to go to a rehab where you gradually will learn how to make choices of you own until you are ready for Android;) I think they are working on an EUC World IOS version. Ask @Seba.

?

As mentioned above there is Darknessbot for iOS. This supports KS officially as now EUC World does on android.

@Seba does not work on an IOS version, but is asked very often for it. So at one of the last occurencies he did not deny it categorically anymore.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, null said:

Coming from the guy who does like the vast majority :p (and sales numbers are even more skewed)

Coming from a guy who is old enough to decide for myself if I want to look at boobs, and who also likes the freedom of choice within an operating system, so that I can adapt it to my needs:p

Edited by Espen R

40 minutes ago, Espen R said:

KS vs GW is more like a war, and even though it’s not a fair fought war when we compare actual ingenuity to building a bridge with two logs, it’s not the same thing as Android vs IOS, which is a spell breaking liberation movement*;)

PS: This is me trying to be offensive as a joke, and it’s not a refection of my true meanings of these subjects.

PS 2: The last PS is me trying to avoid angry comments from the easily offended a-holes who can’t understand a f-ing joke.

PS 3: PS 2 is me trying to offend the easily offended as a joke, and it’s not a representation my true feelings about you:)

:roflmao:

I don't want to know what a letter from you looks like… :lol:

*Written from Firefox for Linux, running KDE Neon ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, General Principle said:

I have this, which I thought was DB specific, and not related to my 18XL firmware.

if this is true, where within the app is the option to update the wheel itself?

It should be under Settings - Wheel Settings, the same place you can check your firmware version.

What I’ve learned though is that the function seems to not be available for wheels sold in Aliexpress. At least the EUC World doesn’t work for my 16S for the new app features, and Seba explained that being the cause. I can’t update from DB either, so it could be the same situation.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, General Principle said:

Looks like I’m going to have to go out and buy an Android just to get my wheel up and running again. Sux 

Maybe you can find a local rider where you live who has an Android phone.

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, General Principle said:

Looks like I’m going to have to go out and buy an Android just to get my wheel up and running again. Sux 

Not all Android hardware works with all EUCs. I have a Pixel 4 with newest KingSong App downloaded direct from KingSong's website. The update function on the App just spun for over an hour. I tried several times. The I tried with a junky Huawei phone I have with KingSong's newest app and updated in 2 minutes. I also had a mini Android phone that just wouldn't ever connect wheellog to my MSX. These EUCs are still at hobby level of development.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Not all Android hardware works with all EUCs. I have a Pixel 4 with newest KingSong App downloaded direct from KingSong's website. The update function on the App just spun for over an hour. I tried several times. The I tried with a junky Huawei phone I have with KingSong's newest app and updated in 2 minutes. I also had a mini Android phone that just wouldn't ever connect wheellog to my MSX. These EUCs are still at hobby level of development.

Usually it's not the problem with phone, but with heavily bloated and buggy KS app.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2020 at 9:57 PM, Michael D said:

Updated to 2.0 today and took a test drive. I didn't like it. The wheel is much more active now and tries to adjust all the time. When I turn sharply, the pedals tilt back slightly. Same when carving. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

I didn't understand the importance of recalibration. I recalibrate my wheel several times as accurately as I could but each time it feels a little different. At last it feels ok.

7 hours ago, Michael D said:

I didn't understand the importance of recalibration. I recalibrate my wheel several times as accurately as I could but each time it feels a little different. At last it feels ok.

yea i tried updating my 16S to 2.01 today for the first time and had the exact same thing it would sway back and forth like a rowboat lol.. recalibration fixed it.... im still not too sure if i like this firmware though,, been riding a 16s for over 3 years and have like 15k km on it, this firmware feels different from any other, the pedals are absolutely rock solid comparable to modern gotway wheels on hard mode, and it just feels weird but in an objectively good way.. like it just feels really easy, starting and stopping is so effortless and turning feels like its assisted somehow very similar to my ninebot one which is the only other wheel i have felt that on, hard to describe the feeling but its like some invisible entity is helping you turn haha... i do very much appreciate how much more silent it is (especially while trolleying it in a store which with how high pitched the whine was on 1.09 could be embarassing) but still i have so much experience on ks wheels pre 2.0 firmware that it feels like a totally different wheel... im going to give it a little bit to see if i get used to it and like it, but im not sure despite the silence that i will stay on this firmware, right now it just feels much too easy to ride xD

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 3:46 PM, General Principle said:

I had to do the same. I HATE phones, so i found a $100 droid "phone' with no sim cards included. I'll be sewing a velcro patch on my cover next to the handle and sticking my speedo and gas gauge (droid) to it.  All this, just to give the euc app a try. Unfortunately the damn phone arrived with a 0.0v battery and droid wont charge it (after i charged elsewhere). I am currently waiting on another and hope it arrives before i wise up and go back to being untethered by this crap. Regardless, the wheel is awesome w/o the extras. I do know that the latest FW is probably worth trying to get loaded. I also have an ipad mini 2 ($100) that is for those times when ios is mandatory. Ironic is that the ipad WAS what i had to use to get the upgrade/update. I wonder why its not an option now? I dont like the KS app tho, its retarded in that it wont let me use it worth crap if i dont have wifi enabled. Out here in the sticks, deer is more common than wifi (such a blessing!)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1