2.0 firmware for KS-18L/XL is available

Seba

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

Hahaha me too! :efee612b4b:

@Espen R I think it goes through stages. In my girlfriend's case it was happiness ("I'm glad you have a new hobby you enjoy") >> tedium ("It's just a unicycle, can there really be that much to talk about?") >> frustration ("I thought this would have worn off by now") >> desperation ("What did I do to deserve this?!") >> anger ("If he mentions that damn thing one more time....") >> stoic resignation (She's learned to tune me out whenever the word EUC comes up) >> envy >> "I want to learn to ride"  :efee612b4b::D

I recognize the stages. Now it is at a stage where I fear for her life, it's like I drain every bit of life from her eyes when I talk about EUC's:) Even though she rides, she has absolutely no interests in the capacity of 21700 batteries Vs 18650 or fw updates.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Espen R said:

Now it is at a stage where I fear for her life, it's like I drain every bit of life from her eyes when I talk about EUC's:

Yeah, I've been there...she initially used to tell me I spent too much time on the forum. Now she sees it as a blessing... :whistling:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Yeah, I've been there...she initially used to tell me I spent too much time on the forum. Now she sees it as a blessing... :whistling:

Perhaps I should try to spend more time here then:) We have been considering migrating to Spain in about 5 years’ time, at least for the winter months, any areas with a lot of interesting trails to ride you would recommend?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, travsformation said:

Hahaha me too! :efee612b4b:

@Espen R I think it goes through stages. In my girlfriend's case it was happiness ("I'm glad you have a new hobby you enjoy") >> tedium ("It's just a unicycle, can there really be that much to talk about?") >> frustration ("I thought this would have worn off by now") >> desperation ("What did I do to deserve this?!") >> anger ("If he mentions that damn thing one more time....") >> stoic resignation (She's learned to tune me out whenever the word EUC comes up) >> envy >> "I want to learn to ride"  :efee612b4b::D

Now I am starting to laugh, and I appreciate why I chose to stay single. Well except from my cat... She starts to do this when I am getting home later due to taking a longer ride home from work... 

1053352517_Screenshot_20200117-171953_OperaTouch.thumb.jpg.ea2fdd24c4239ee27457af50ff4ef23d.jpg

Sometimes she doesn't even bother to look over her shoulder. 

Sooo to bring this back on track. I hope weather turns out better than forecasted, as I like to test a recalibration of the wheel after fw2.0. Hopefully I'll get a better result. 

BTW have anyone gotten any reply from KS about the oddities people have reported so far? 

Note actual photage.... 

20200114_174110_compress31.thumb.jpg.34b92e8d8d47dfe42767f117494e7cea.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Espen R said:

We have been considering migrating to Spain in about 5 years’ time, at least for the winter months, any areas with a lot of interesting trails to ride you would recommend?

It's hard to recommend an area based on that...there are good tracks pretty much anywhere in coastal and mountain areas (not so much in the central deserts) :efee612b4b:

Catalonia (North-East) is great because of the diversity: sea, mountains, Mediterranean weather...the whole pack. Same with Cantabria (North-West), but much rainier (UK-style weather). Depends mostly on what kind of climate you're comfortable in. I love the Barcelona area except for summer...way too hot for me then...

But more importantly...considering EUC-riding trails as a variable to factor in in terms of which part of the country to relocate to...you're a true convert! Not surprised your girlfriend is going nuts :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Now I am starting to laugh, and I appreciate why I chose to stay single. Well except from my cat... She starts to do this when I am getting home later due to taking a longer ride home from work... 

Hahaha yeah cats are like that. Does yours have an opinion on the FW update, or unlike Espen R and me, do you keep such info to yourself and not share it with her? :efefa6edcf:

52 minutes ago, Unventor said:

BTW have anyone gotten any reply from KS about the oddities people have reported so far? 

They haven't even accepted my request to join the group yet. Knowing KS, it might be by 2021...

14 minutes ago, travsformation said:

It's hard to recommend an area based on that...there are good tracks pretty much anywhere in coastal and mountain areas (not so much in the central deserts) :efee612b4b:

Catalonia (North-East) is great because of the diversity: sea, mountains, Mediterranean weather...the whole pack. Same with Cantabria (North-West), but much rainier (UK-style weather). Depends mostly on what kind of climate you're comfortable in. I love the Barcelona area except for summer...way too hot for me then...

But more importantly...considering EUC-riding trails as a variable to factor in in terms of which part of the country to relocate to...you're a true convert! Not surprised your girlfriend is going nuts :efee612b4b:

We have mostly been looking at coastal areas between Barcelona and the Gibraltar border, but I wouldn't mind looking a bit further from the cost. South of Valencia most of the coastal towns look like a Disneyland tourist trap with mostly drunk Scandinavians or Englishmen, and I don't drink, so I would probably feel a bit lost there. Riding opportunities are high on the list of requirements, and my girlfriend loves to ride trials. It's the EUC talking she don't like:) I'll start to look more in the Catalonia area. Thanks for your input!

Just now, Gatrixx2k said:

Did anybody manage to update a KS16s V1 with the iOS-App? It just keeps showing me 1.09 as the latest version.

Don't know who updated with KS App. One has to have good luck to reach the Chinese Servers.

I updated with Darknessbot and EUC World. Both worked immedeately wo probs.

Could also be that KS revoked 2.0(1) again? 2.0 was already revoked and then replaced by 2.01. maybe this is gone too by now and they are working on a new FW?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Don't know who updated with KS App. One has to have good luck to reach the Chinese Servers.

I updated with Darknessbot and EUC World. Both worked immedeately wo probs.

Could also be that KS revoked 2.0(1) again? 2.0 was already revoked and then replaced by 2.01. maybe this is gone too by now and they are working on a new FW?

Darknessbot works with EUC World?  What kind of 5th dimensional world is this???  :P

• Like 1

Is this 2.01 update only for the smol wheels, or have they already started patching some of the wildness on the 18XL and L models? 

5 hours ago, Seba said:

Ok, I figured out what is going. For KS-16S owners having firmware older than 1.09, newest update available is 1.09. But after updating to 1.09, firmware check will offer 2.01. And now funny things happen - after updating to 2.01, King Song servers point again to 1.09 as a new firmware, allowing you to downgrade... Seems like another bug, this time in KS server software.

As I could understand that sometime is needed to apply interim firmware update to allow for another update (for example they could introduce some changes that doesn't allow direct one-step update from 1.05 to 2.01), I can't understand the rest. However it's really good that we discovered this, as I can make a workaround so EUC World users won't be affected with this bug.

My KS16s is on 1.09, but I am not able to update with DarknessBot or the Kingsong App (iOS). It keeps showing me 1.09 as the latest version.

Will EUC World be coming to iOS some time in the future?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gatrixx2k said:

Will EUC World be coming to iOS some time in the future?

I don't rule it out, but it certainly won't happen in the near future.

10 hours ago, bruno356 said:

When might we see the ability to upgrade to v2 with an android phone using EUC World as the KS app does not work for me.

thanks

That's exactly how I upgraded mine ;)

Unless @Seba has removed 2.0.1 from EUC World servers, you should be able to upgrade using EUC World (as long as you've updated the app to v. 1.0.6)

Edited by travsformation

On 1/14/2020 at 6:56 PM, Flyboy10 said:

Throttling happens at 50% (with the 2200w motor) which is really sad. I heard the triple beeps again today when not accelerating. Seems to happen more when turning.

Very sad indeed. How big of a pain is to downgrade the firmware now?

I have the 2200w motor as well and just upgraded to 2.0  ; What a mistake :facepalm: 

Went on a test ride with 45% battery and experienced a very violent tilt-back at 25mph. Granted, I was accelerating hard expecting to do the usual 29-30mph on that particular stretch.

I hoped it was due the cold weather ( 26F ) but sadly not. Took it easy for a while then at 36% battery another tilt-back happened at 20mph. What a waste of potential, I used to do 30mph until at least 25% battery for a total of 45-50 fun miles & now it's going to be 25-30 fun miles range until it starts to get boring.

Sorry for venting a bit but I regret this update so much already... I feel like KingSong should disclose such a drastic change in the update description. Yeah, silence & a bit more agility are nice but no way worth sacrificing top speed capable range. Typical if it's not broken don't fix it scenario ... but hey we have them fancy flashlights now lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TGL said:

I have the 2200w motor

Did you purchase the wheel like this or convert it? Were you throttled in v1.00? For me it's not a pain to downgrade but I really like the silence and new light settings. I don't go on long enough rides to have the thottling affect me to much. That and I'm used to the small battery on my 100v MSX