2.0 firmware for KS-18L/XL is available

Seba

3 hours ago, Supafast said:

does anyone know how to update firmware to 2.0. my app still same at 113.

euc world app from play store or soft tuner app... edit: didn't see that two other people already said how lol

Edited by Rywokast

10 hours ago, Chriull said:

For android - and darknessbot for iphone.

I don’t think DB hosts copies of the firmware files themselves, so they depend on the KS servers, which AFAIK are still closed down for the firmware updates. Or are they maybe finally back online?

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rywokast said:

euc world app from play store or soft tuner app... edit: didn't see that two other people already said how lol

hey, my kingsong app updated it.

when u come to vancouver. message me. we should ride together. i don't know anyone with a wheel . its getting boring riding alone and getting all the attention like i'm an alien :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Supafast said:

when u come to vancouver. message me. we should ride together. i don't know anyone with a wheel . its getting boring riding alone and getting all the attention like i'm an alien :ph34r:

unfortunately it's very rare for me to ever come to Vancouver.. I thought there was lots of riders and groups there? O.o of I ever do though I'll let you know :-)

Having read this thread twice, what is the opinion of you guys on the upgrade ? I am running V1.0 on a 2200W Motor currently. I read many positives and several negatives regarding their choice to upgrade the Firmware. I'm a newbie, with only 80 Km on my wheel. Just a for fun rider, non commuter. The throttle at 50% I don't think would be a big issue for me. Should I wait for the next version that cleans up some of bugs in 2.0?  Thanks !

@bigwave Don’t know how the 2200W version feels, but for my wheel the new FW changed the wheel for the better, and I would never go back. The stiffer pedal was a bit strange in the beginning, and I had to adjust my riding style, but the added control it gives, once I got used to it, is so much better than before. My average speed on the trails I ride has gone up quite a bit, and I’m riding faster now, on wet and slightly muddy trails, than what I did last summer in the dry. On tarmac the most noticeable change is on medium to high speed 90 degree turns, where I always got small wobbles mid turn before, but now it is smooth as silk and I can lean in at a greater angle. The wheel is also more silent, which is a plus, but the biggest difference sound wise was with the KS16S.

I haven’t had any issues with the new FW.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bigwave said:

Having read this thread twice, what is the opinion of you guys on the upgrade ? I am running V1.0 on a 2200W Motor currently. I read many positives and several negatives regarding their choice to upgrade the Firmware. I'm a newbie, with only 80 Km on my wheel. Just a for fun rider, non commuter. The throttle at 50% I don't think would be a big issue for me. Should I wait for the next version that cleans up some of bugs in 2.0?  Thanks !

I learned on the legacy 2000W 18XL, and am glad I didn't have the extra torque that comes with FW 2.0... The way it accelerates and how quickly and effortlessly it reaches top speed, I probably would have hurt myself if I'd had that kind of torque during my over confidence stage... I(although I'm sure others have more common sense than I do 😅

Personally, I'd stick with your current firmware for a while, I think it's gentler and better suited for learning. Then further down the road, when you're more experienced, you'll get a "free upgrade" that'll make it feel like a brand new wheel, as if you'd just turbo-charged it 😉

• Like 2

I'm one of the few I guess who didn't like the upgrade, I tried it for a few days and went back.. found it a little less exciting frankly, I like being more physical with the wheel and 2.X just feels like it's assisting you too much, it's too easy which sounds like a great thing haha but for me it's just less fun

• Like 3

On 2/22/2020 at 8:42 PM, Rywokast said:

I'm one of the few I guess who didn't like the upgrade, I tried it for a few days and went back.. found it a little less exciting frankly, I like being more physical with the wheel and 2.X just feels like it's assisting you too much, it's too easy which sounds like a great thing haha but for me it's just less fun

How did you downgrade? Is there a guide? I know someone else in Ireland who doesn't like it, he says:

Hi guys, I am having issues with my Kingsong 18L since the 2.0 firmware update. First I have noticed a difference in stability of the wheel which has gone worse and can't turn as usual as the wheel keeps shaking for some reason. Also I have done some tests today and the I had horizontal stabilization shut down on my multiple times while doing a forward/backwards. On the app there is no increase on cpu nor on the power or temp. Does anyone else has similar problems or possible solutions. It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help. 

9 minutes ago, Jean Dublin said:

How did you downgrade? Is there a guide? I know someone else in Ireland who doesn't like it, he says:

Hi guys, I am having issues with my Kingsong 18L since the 2.0 firmware update. First I have noticed a difference in stability of the wheel which has gone worse and can't turn as usual as the wheel keeps shaking for some reason. Also I have done some tests today and the I had horizontal stabilization shut down on my multiple times while doing a forward/backwards. On the app there is no increase on cpu nor on the power or temp. Does anyone else has similar problems or possible solutions. It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help. 

check PM, also.. that sounds like a textbook calibration error.. you must do a correct calibration of the wheel after upgrading firmware... its always best to use a stand but if you dont have one simply use a spirit level app on your phone and set it on top of the wheel dead centre, use this to get it straight left and right as well as forward and back.. its impossible to say if theres something wrong with the fw/compatibility if you havent done a proper calibration after the fact

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

check PM, also.. that sounds like a textbook calibration error.. you must do a correct calibration of the wheel after upgrading firmware... its always best to use a stand but if you dont have one simply use a spirit level app on your phone and set it on top of the wheel dead centre, use this to get it straight left and right as well as forward and back.. its impossible to say if theres something wrong with the fw/compatibility if you havent done a proper calibration after the fact

Thanks, that was my advice to him too. He will give it a go before downgrading. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 3:30 PM, Supafast said:

Theres an entire group out there in Vancouver. You even have an EUC store. (VanEUC). I know because i'm going out there in the summer and connected with them. They'll be taking me on some group rides to see around the city. You should reach out to them. 

4 hours ago, seage said:

Theres an entire group out there in Vancouver. You even have an EUC store. (VanEUC). I know because i'm going out there in the summer and connected with them. They'll be taking me on some group rides to see around the city. You should reach out to them. 

cool! i just found their facebook and youtube. thanks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, seage said:

After putting a few hundred KM on the new firmware, i'll say its a dream to ride. Once I got used to the way the pedals move due to my stubbornness in needing a bit of a tilt, its wonderful. Things like streetcar tracks and the like were a bit of a problem in the past. Id have to slow way down, but now it feels far more stable. Like everyone else, i can ride faster, but its not that I have a false sense of security. Its an ACTUAL sense of security. It just handles better so at higher speeds, im able to maneuver it well without any play and whatnot. I'm also past the stage where I just rrecklessly ride beyond my means. I'm still always thinking ahead, but I feel like i can focus more on where im going than whats happening below my feet. Its also forced me into adopting a safer riding stance, which allows me to handle said road imperfections even better. And turning at speeds without being dipped off the front of the wheel, is very nice, i must say. 

what firmware were you on previously?

@bigwave I think you now got a feel why I recommend this wheel. It is not that other wheels might not feel good, but this one is a "simple" start and with latest fw it fast become an extended natural limb. And will suit you a long time too. Only downside, you will be critical picking next wheel... Yep there will be a new one. 😉 

BTW it is a different wheel. But I think he is spot on one many thoughts. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Rywokast said:

what firmware were you on previously?

I was using um... Was it 1.13? Whatever the lastest firmware was prior, I had upgraded to that. The one that gave us more torque without as much pressure, but the whine was still there. I didn't jump to it as quickly as 2.00. I was waiting on reviews first. 

15 hours ago, seage said:

I was using um... Was it 1.13? Whatever the lastest firmware was prior, I had upgraded to that. The one that gave us more torque without as much pressure, but the whine was still there. I didn't jump to it as quickly as 2.00. I was waiting on reviews first. 

ahhh ok.. yea 1.13 was the latest that what I'm on, but I love it,, iirc your 18XL is a much earlier model than mine though I don't have any of the symptoms that you mentioned while riding

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

I posted this question on the EUC world app thread....should have asked here;

Is there any change log for FW 2.0 on 18L?

I plugged my wheel into charge after upgrading and it spun up the fan and turned the front red light on. Tried it twice so looks like something new. Kinda freaky.

3 minutes ago, Circuitmage said:

I posted this question on the EUC world app thread....should have asked here;

Is there any change log for FW 2.0 on 18L?

I plugged my wheel into charge after upgrading and it spun up the fan and turned the front red light on. Tried it twice so looks like something new. Kinda freaky.

uhh.. yea, but thats isnt on it lol.. thats very strange

Screenshot_20200109-221940_Kingsong.jpg.03b27e696e5b3b4f22fd6d9b40d67a3f.jpg

• Like 1