The KS16x has issues, but I just bought it. WHY?

photorph

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

stephen, you quoted me incorrectly (or the Forum software did). I did not write these statements. @Unventor did.

🤔🤔 That's weird because i know i quoted @Unventor i don't know how it's done that , do you want me to delete it or just leave it ,,,. That's strange 🙁 

It should actually automatically quote the person who wrote it as you probably know 🤔

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

I think you can ride these wheels very well at their limits if you know what you’re doing.

Just look at the latest videos from Chooch or Rober Ace, they didn’t faceplant...... yet :laughbounce2:

Chooch is like 60kg (130lbs) or something (he gave his weight once and it was surprisingly less than I expected, not sure about the exact number). You're talking to riders with literally double the weight. @RoberAce doesn't seem too heavy, too.

@erk1024 I'm not sure because I have no noteworthy experience with any of these wheels. But if the Monster is your only Gotway, you may not have felt the "Gotway Glide" yet (because the Monster after all is a bit lethargic in acceleration behavior), which according to Marty and others is what makes the Nikola overall better (the relentlessly solid riding behavior). So maybe the Nikola might be an unexpected surprise compared to the 16X. Or not, I wouldn't know. Just wanted to add my thoughts to the confusion;)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, stephen said:

🤔🤔 That's weird because i know i quoted @Unventor i don't know how it's done that , do you want me to delete it or just leave it ,,,. That's strange 🙁 

It should actually automatically quote the person who wrote it as you probably know 🤔

I know. But when I saw "my quote", it didn't sound like what I would have written. Weird.

If you feel like it, you could just replace my name with his in those two spots. But no biggie :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If you feel like it, you could just replace my name with his in those two spots. But no biggie :)

Yeah we will just leave it because I've just tried and it won't let me because its an automated quote lol and not a written quote by me😂😂😂 aaah well nvm👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Chooch is like 60kg (130lbs) or something (he gave his weight once and it was surprisingly less than I expected, not sure about the exact number). You're talking to riders with literally double the weight. @RoberAce doesn't seem too heavy, too.

@erk1024 I'm not sure because I have no noteworthy experience with any of these wheels. But if the Monster is your only Gotway, you may not have felt the "Gotway Glide" yet (because the Monster after all is a bit lethargic in acceleration behavior), which according to Marty and others is what makes the Nikola overall better (the relentlessly solid riding behavior). So maybe the Nikola might be an unexpected surprise compared to the 16X. Or not, I wouldn't know. Just wanted to add my thoughts to the confusion;)

Chooch says 120-pounds. I think @RoberAce is 200+ pounds.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, photorph said:

You're 136 pounds only??

Yes I was yesterday morning but I woke up 138 pounds today.
5'5". I try to stay at around 10% bodyfat. Preferably a bit less but that's a big effort at 45 yrs of age. Work out (calisthenics, yoga and weight lifting), do intermittent fasting, try not to eat too much garbage although I would love too. Do Zumba once a week. Ride my wheel every day. Good times.

6 hours ago, Unventor said:

That he is...like a smurf just not blue....right @Mike Sacristan ;)

Haha well i'm a bit blue now that my 16X is gone for repairs but having a great time on the MSX.

19 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

:o  Really? Why wouldn't you trust it? Remember, @erk1024 is talking about off-road riding.

Smacking into a log, rock, etc and watching it cut the motor or yielding and throwing me forward. No thanks, although the 16X does have hard pedals they aren't 100% stiff and unyielding like the MSX. This little yielding action in the beginning might just throw someone off... or two of me off. One of me on each pedal... off-roading... I don't know how I would feel about that!

We might have to define off-road. But still... the Nikola performs great off-road and the shell can take quite a beating as well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

the relentlessly solid riding behavior

I miss it and that wonderful otherworldly heavenly sound it makes as it goes into overdrive.

At least the 16X won't explode on ya. Be sure to make a callback to that clip in your review :D

Edited by chrisjunlee
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I try to stay at around 10% bodyfat. Preferably a bit less 

I think i need to be more strong in this department and lower my body fat , if i ate sensibly and ride my wheel I'd lose weight , after 40 miles on the wheel and have 2 meal that day i can lose a couple of pounds . Well done mike keep it up 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I try to stay at around 10% bodyfat.

Wow. Good job. What was your highest?

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Yes I was yesterday morning but I woke up 138 pounds today.
5'5"

Someone snuck in 2 lbs of salami in you overnight?! Could this... could this be the work of a stand user?! 

image.png.445ec52143eb67e63fc3efe4ffab36a0.png

Edited by chrisjunlee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, stephen said:

I think i need to be more strong in this department and lower my body fat , if i ate sensibly and ride my wheel I'd lose weight , after 40 miles on the wheel and have 2 meal that day i can lose a couple of pounds . Well done mike keep it up 👍

Yeah losing weight isn't easy especially when are bodies find balance at a certain weight. Then we need to break the habits. I smoke just as you do, and I love food and I an eat a whole jar of nutella with a spoon. I'm the kind of person who has a mouthful of food and is thinking of the next mouthful. In 2010 I started doing a lowcarb diet and kept my carbs at 20-30 grams per day. The rest was fat and protein. It was a very satisfying diet and I went down from 72kg to 62kg. I also started working out and doing unnecessary cardio. I no longer do cardio and I rarely do the ketogenic diet unless I need to reset my metabolism. I stick to intermittent fasting and I keep in mind that intermittent fasting is a trigger for overeating when the time to eat comes. My vanity keeps me in check though.

52 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

Wow. Good job. What was your highest?

Someone snuck in 2 lbs of salami in you overnight?! Could this... could this be the work of a stand user?! 

My highest weight was 72kg and I was at a little over 20% body fat. It was not a flattering look with everything going to my face and belly.
My lowest was 8% in 2013 but my testosterone got a little too low after 6 months.

Haha stando.... ZA SALAMINO!!!

For my height of 163cm my waist should be height * 0.46 = 75cm and it is 78. But as long as it is less than 50% of my height it is fine.

I ate a bag of cheeze doodles while writing this though.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Yeah losing weight isn't easy especially when are bodies find balance at a certain weight. Then we need to break the habits.

This is what i find, i can lose 10lbs easy then my body sort of tells me you need to put it back on so i eat,, (biscuits is my nutella😁) , i have been in and out of the gym throughout my years and have had a good physique throughout , ,,i don't know what went wrong 😂😂

I think as from tommow i might start a health kick than more of a deit which it basically is , not only will i feel better but I'll get more miles on my wheel .

Thanks mike i think you gave me a kick up the arse😁, I'll let you know how i get on ,, bring in the scales 😬

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

I won't quote everything otherwise thread will get losted lol😬

I appreciate your comments and taking time to write , I'm on day one 😁 but I'm still watching the girl shrimp squat 😊

I've been weighed this morning I'll let you know how i get on in another thread 😬

Thanks mike and thanks for the videos👍

• Like 2

7 hours ago, stephen said:

I won't quote everything otherwise thread will get losted lol😬

I appreciate your comments and taking time to write , I'm on day one 😁 but I'm still watching the girl shrimp squat 😊

I've been weighed this morning I'll let you know how i get on in another thread 😬

Thanks mike and thanks for the videos👍

Haha we have quite the tendency to quote on this forum.

Day one is day one and the first step is to take a step. Good job!

One thing that really helps me to keep hunger and cravings at bay is casein protein shakes. Just casein in particular doesn't raise insulin as much as whey protein and also it is very filling and satiating. When in doubt go for chocolate although I like vanilla very much and usually add cinnamon to it.

I can do a shrimp squat challenge with my friends and record it if you guys are interested. :efee612b4b:

• Like 2

Just now, KAY GEE said:

Please can we talk about these issues in the weight loss section of the forum, this section is about the 16X :facepalm:

Hey, don't blame me. @Mike Sacristan broached the subject :mellow:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, photorph said:

tomorrow, 2nd batch.  

Very nice. Best tip I can give you is to play a bit with tire pressure. Don't go too soft as you risk damage the rim, but going too hard can make the wheel feel like a mad bull going all over the place, left and right. 

I am 80-81kg and 25psi seems to be spot on for me. 30-32 psi was too hard on my knee and made the footprint of the tire too small for me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

I don’t think you will have these problems with the chaoyang tire which is now on the 2. batch. 

I don't see it as a problem but more like a feature... That for some would prefer this as a trill rather than having to ride at max speed. 

Lowering the tire pressure made this go away, and made the wheel more gentle with my knee when hitting bumps and curbs. 

I am not looking to change my tire to a different brand/feel.