The KS16x has issues, but I just bought it. WHY?

photorph

3 hours ago, fourthewin said:

I want to get a 16x just because of the Kingsong bashing going on in here. 

No bashing, just discussion of all the facts.  I have mentioned that the KS16x is my wheel of choice under 25 mph many times. 

6 hours ago, erk1024 said:

Case in point: It's Mike's favorite wheel, but he had to send it off because the battery connector failed. Shrug. Look through the forum and there are a lot of these little issues. So it's a mixed bag. 

Hopefully in a few months KS will get all these ironed out. 

Yep, still not a finished product but very promising indeed. 

KS has a history in perfecting their wheels over time. If you think about the 18L in the beginning it's the same story. It had small battery, weird mud flap, small pedals, wonky cut-off switch, weak trolley handle, a lot of problems.

Over time they have they have now the 18XL with

• big battery,
  • bigger pedals,
  • new mud flap,
  • stronger trolley,
  • light repositioned not to blind people, 
  • just lately strengthened the inner body
  • New mechanical cut-off with (same as in 16X)
  • all the small problems solved
  • And updated the firmware to a much better version, faster acceleration etc. 

It's now a very reliable and good wheel, only a bit boring option with newer wheels on the market. Expect the same treatment for the 16X, next spring it will likely be better and one of the more reliable wheels out there. (of course it will also have a few new competitors from Gotway by then :rolleyes:)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, photorph said:

No bashing, just discussion of all the facts.  I have mentioned that the KS16x is my wheel of choice under 25 mph many times. 

Not really. You have a clearly stated bias that started off in the original thread title that you have since modified. 

You reference the wheel as chock full of issues and the Gotway as a clean and holy perfect wheel but yet a simple perusal into the Gotway forum shows that their wheels are rife with issues and it's even standard best practice to dismantle the wheel on arrival and be sure everything is screwed down properly. I mean....WOW. It's almost hilarious the amount of quality control issues the Gotway's have. 

Honestly, I'm not sure your intent here....other than to shake the bush and get some reactions. Possibly you're getting a small cut of the sales because that's the way some of your posts read....but that is entirely assumptive. 

Regardless, no one really believes that you will give an authentic review of wheel and I'm not overly concerned with your motives or even care. Only that your bias is distasteful and I thought I would bring it up. 

Edited by fourthewin
  • Like 3

On 10/25/2019 at 2:27 PM, fourthewin said:

Sorry, can remove your quote. Tried everything, though this is an answer to it anyways

Gotways have issues. Standard practise to open a gotway wheel on arrival??? Who said that? 

Statistics don't lie, the msx, nikola, and mcm5 have had small failure rates, to even no failiures reported by some resellers. Can't say the same about ks. 

Statistics don't lie. I just don't get why anyone would team up with one company and bash the other. Fanboisim is the last thing anyone would want in the euc industry. If onr company has the monopoly on these wheels, then iut the window goes development and good prices. 

We need healthy competition to fuel development. Both ks and gw have their place in this. My personal choice as of now is gotway. I wouldn't want to get into a mess like the 16x, it rides like magic. And is beautiful, but after what i have heard online. And from my friend who bought one. Ks is not the safe perfect shiny choice so many apologists try to tell me it is. Neither is gotway. I already chose my poison. So far it has worked very well. 

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

I wouldn't ever want to buy a mess like the 16x, it rides like magic. And is beautiful, but after what i have heard online

Any brand and model have units that fail. None is prefect. As for first batch the business as such also have issues. 

Most are ironed out over time. I am very very happy with my KS16X. Despite I had to send it off for service. 

From what I gather it is a fairly small number of wheels affected (so far). 

But calling it a mess is something I think is very hard to call it. How you would be able to buy any wheel with such a statement is very simply beyond me. I do this that part "after what I heard online" is a very interesting fact for news... I can't help :facepalm:

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Any brand and model have units that fail. None is prefect. As for first batch the business as such also have issues. 

Most are ironed out over time. I am very very happy with my KS16X. Despite I had to send it off for service. 

From what I gather it is a fairly small number of wheels affected (so far). 

But calling it a mess is something I think is very hard to call it. How you would be able to buy any wheel with such a statement is very simply beyond me. I do this that part "after what I heard online" is a very interesting fact for news... I can't help :facepalm:

Would you please keep a good tone, it doesn't help anyone.. I tried a ks16x, i actually really like it. It is so easy to write off every "i heard this online"  statement too easily. I definetly get you point, don't trust everything online. But I'll  clarify "i gathered information on the matter online and applied logic to it" my friend who bought a ks16x has had 6 issues with it already, still unsure if he should keep counting. But i hope not. 

The reason for calling it a mess is the issues. It's not a complete fuckup. That  would be the z10, But for my needs those issues are a mess to me. Im not saying everyone finds it a mess. But again im just gonna clarify "for my needs" it is subjective

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Shad0z said:

Gotways have issues. Standard practise to open a gotway wheel on arrival??? Who said that? 

Literally I saw 5 different examples in various posts on the first page. 

The overheating Nikola+ post says in the first reply. "My Nik+ fan turns on almost right away and stays on until I turn off the wheel. As with any new GotWay wheel, open it up and make sure wires are properly tied down, harness secured, etc. I wouldn't trust the QA on GotWay wheels."

From what I've seen, the issues with the 16x seem to be a small batch of isolated events and the Nikola+ has experienced similar QC issues. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fourthewin said:

The overheating Nikola+ post says in the first reply. "My Nik+ fan turns on almost right away and stays on until I turn off the wheel. As with any new GotWay wheel, open it up and make sure wires are properly tied down, harness secured, etc. I wouldn't trust the QA on GotWay wheels."

From what I've seen, the issues with the 16x seem to be a small batch of isolated events and the Nikola+ has experienced similar QC issues. 

Gotway struggles with qc for sure. For the most part you don't need to worry. But check on it later on for sure. The thing about the 16x issues are that they are not isolated qc issues. The design of the Power button module that lets water in easily is a design issue, same goes for some of the firmware jank, until they fix it that is. Also the shell having little to no dust and water resistance and opening gaps for water after crashing in a certain spot isn't either. Otherwise great wheel. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, fourthewin said:

I stand by my quote to inspect GotWay wheels. I should qualify it to also include KingSong. I don't own a KingSong so I mention only GotWay. But when I did get a future 16XL I will also inspect it upon arrival.  

55 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

Would you please keep a good tone, it doesn't help anyone..

Calling a wheel a mess

.... vs it is not suited to you needs.... 

And then asking me to keep a good tone.

I clearly am defending a wheel I own and like. I am not just posting things I heard... And about the good tone I were quoting what you yourself wrote. 

When you write the way you do,... in your good tone.... , then it will cause a reaction. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Calling a wheel a mess

.... vs it is not suited to you needs.... 

And then asking me to keep a good tone.

I clearly am defending a wheel I own and like. I am not just posting things I heard... And about the good tone I were quoting what you yourself wrote. 

When you write the way you do,... in your good tone.... , then it will cause a reaction. 

It being a mess a mess when factoring jn my needs is not a bad tone, it's an opinion. A face palm is... Not so much. 

You have the right to do it of course. It's just a bad vibe. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 4:33 AM, Unventor said:

I can only hope if you get into an accident that those affected in the damage you cause with you ride style will sue you to the maximum extent they can. From the impression (I don’t live there so it is impression only) I have that can be a pretty expensive affair. And only hope some kid doesn't get hurt in the process. 

Argument about how traffic is different, do not take away how physics work. 

I rarely say I hope for someone to get hurt but some people are just outside reach of common sense. 

I wounder if the freedom you speak of feels as great in jain too if you severely hurt some one. 

How you're a moderator in this forum with that evil mindset is actually astonishing. This forum has more freedom than the streets of NYC lol. I wish noting but the best for you.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2019 at 2:58 AM, buell47 said:

Such discussions are boring and superfluous. :sleep1:

@MickeyMicklos

Your driving style is dangerous and your arguments are absolutely nonsense. You are not a role model for road safety, no matter where you are in the world. Your videos should therefore be banned. 

But I don't think you want to be a role model for road safety, do you? 

So stand by the fact that you prefer fun and adrenaline instead of sneaking from A to B as safely as possible and stop justifying yourself. 

Do what you like, you only live once, but at least leave uninvolved ones alive. 

What I agree with @Unventor is that you might piss yourself on your leg with all these YT videos. So enjoy your freedom as long as you have it. :D

BANNED! Someone ban this guy hahaha. ya'll love the word ban. I'm sooo NOT a role model for anyone. You are correct about that. You're free to hate on America but we have fun here. ok, now back ot banning people. hahaha. 

4 hours ago, MickeyMicklos said:

How you're a moderator in this forum with that evil mindset is actually astonishing. This forum has more freedom than the streets of NYC lol. I wish noting but the best for you.

Since you chose to report me, I have made my opinion clear in the original post. 

7 hours ago, MickeyMicklos said:

BANNED! Someone ban this guy hahaha. ya'll love the word ban. I'm sooo NOT a role model for anyone. You are correct about that. You're free to hate on America but we have fun here. ok, now back ot banning people. hahaha. 

Can you post some links to your videos so people can judge for themselves?:)