Nikola and Nikola Plus compared to 16X

Dzlchef

31 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

I could get the wheel to top speed (beeps at 30mph) in about 4.5 seconds and brake to a stop in just over 3 seconds

Okay, maybe you can repeat the test without a open cup with hot coffee and a donut in your hand, or why you had accelerate and decelerate so lame? :roflmao:

Just joking :efee8319ab:

1 hour ago, Dzlchef said:

I tried the same hard acceleration and braking on my Nikola. I’m tipping over 200lbs, so quite a bit heavier than Kuji.  I could get the wheel to top speed (beeps at 30mph) in about 4.5 seconds and brake to a stop in just over 3 seconds.  I didn’t take the test all the way to faceplant but I had to be close to max and the wheel handled it perfectly well. Sorry, no video. 

Brave move... Do you have a log of it? Interested to see how much amps the wheel use on such a move, and the generating force from breaking. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Rode my Nik+ all last night, and though still early, it already feels next level, looking to be in my all-time top 5 wheels owned ever, of my now 18 wheel owner history across all makers (and I don't even like 16's usually).

The 16X is a solid wheel (outside of all the bobble stuff), better than I thought going in, but nowhere near my instantaneous, almost visceral reaction to this Nik+. Letting it rip on open straightaways is just unreal.

Wow. Maybe I’ll get rid of my Nikola and get the Nikola plus. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Rode my Nik+ all last night, and though still early, it already feels next level, looking to be in my all-time top 5 wheels owned ever, of my now 18 wheel owner history across all makers (and I don't even like 16's usually).

The 16X is a solid wheel (outside of all the bobble stuff), better than I thought going in, but nowhere near my instantaneous, almost visceral reaction to this Nik+. Letting it rip on open straightaways is just unreal.

Which plus version did you get? I weight 145lbs and I'm debating whether the 1845wh version is worth it, given it being heavier, having the main board on the side and the noisier fan.

14 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, wheelr said:

Which plus version did you get? I weight 145lbs and I'm debating whether the 1845wh version is worth it, given it being heavier, having the main board on the side and the noisier fan.

Hey, that's a Kingsong thread! :furious: The only allowed question here is i. e., do I need a Nikola if I have a 16X and if so, which Version and for what kind of use it's better as the 16X? :efee8319ab: (Except higher speed) 

Edited by buell47
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, buell47 said:

Hey, that's a Kingsong thread! :furious: The only allowed question here is i. e., do I need a Nikola if I have a 16X and if so, which Version and for what kind of use it's better as the 16X? :efee8319ab:

Yeah well good luck enforcing that  :lol:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

It could also be how you ride. @houseofjob can be quite aggressive. I don't know how you are riding your 16X and 84-volt Nikola. Are you riding them like you're being chased by the devil?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, wheelr said:

There is only one Plus model made. There is the 84-volt Nikola and the 100-volt Nikola. Then there are the Plus models of the 100-volt Gotway wheels, which have the higher battery capacity.

So the Nikola Plus is by definition the 100-volt 1845wh version

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

There is only one Plus model made. There is the 84-volt Nikola and the 100-volt Nikola. Then there are the Plus models of the 100-volt Gotway wheels, which have the higher battery capacity.

I could be wrong but I believe there is a 100v 1230wh version. You know the one @Mrd777  got. Now @buell47 is going to be really mad.

34 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Hey, that's a Kingsong thread! :furious: The only allowed question here is i. e., do I need a Nikola if I have a 16X and if so, which Version and for what kind of use it's better as the 16X? :efee8319ab: (Except higher speed) 

I do agree on this point. 

Threads tend to be all over once the debate get a little heated. 

There is always a grey line somewhere... 

Lets keep this one about what the title says, shall we? 

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Lol nope. Good point although I would never run from the devil as he has zero authority over me. :-)

how come Jasons website doesn’t have the newest Nikola??

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I do agree on this point. 

Threads tend to be all over once the debate get a little heated. 

There is always a grey line somewhere... 

Lets keep this one about what the title says, shall we? 

Fine, I'll dm @houseofjob and get my answer that way.

• Upvote 1

Ok so I really have to start move post to where they belong? 

21 minutes ago, wheelr said:

Now @buell47 is going to be really mad.

8 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

(Sorry @buell47 :ph34r:)

Oh, don't take this seriously, I'm just kidding. I'm still interested in Nikola myself if my decision on the 16X was wrong.:rolleyes:

As one can see, English is not my mother tongue and at school I always had a 6 in English (it doesn't get worse) :ph34r:, so maybe it came across a bit wrong.

I'm always a happy guy and joking just around. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, buell47 said:

Oh, don't take this seriously, I'm just kidding. I'm still interested in Nikola myself if my decision on the 16X was wrong.:rolleyes:

As one can see, English is not my mother tongue and at school I always had a 6 in English (it doesn't get worse) :ph34r:, so maybe it came across a bit wrong.

I'm always a happy guy and joking just around. 

:lol: (unfortunately, I don't think other ppl are kidding)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I always considered the black, carbon Nikola the "Plus". So all Nikolas from now on will be "Plus". Or is it the 100V?

55 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

1845wh. FWIW relatively speaking , more battery cells can translate to more power/torque (or rather, less voltage sag across all cells), according to the DIY scooter guys. (Sorry @buell47 :ph34r:)

*ahem* ;)

@Patton250 how do you like the 16X compared to your Nikola?

Edited by chrisjunlee

5 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

*ahem* ;)

@Patton250 how do you like the 16X compared to your Nikola?

I think they are about the same. The 16x is slightly more maneuverable but not enough choose one over the other.  I do like  better padding the16x has.  Trolley handle is better and the speakers are better also.  But the Nikola  was much easier to unlock and get going. 10 times easier.  I would really say in my limited opinion that they are both very equal. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1