KS 16S or KS 18l for my first wheel? Help please

9 minutes ago, Gundars Balodis said:

how do I fit them, axis he send are to long, or should I try old ones

???

sorry dont know...the ones he sent with them should fit....

12 minutes ago, Gundars Balodis said:

Are you sure the rods are correct seated? Or correct aligned and fully inserted. 

When I mounted my pedals I found it tricky at first to hit the last hole due to the springs. I ended up putting wheel on the table on the side then pushing down on the pedal then I could insert the rid all the way. 

40 minutes ago, Gundars Balodis said:

The large pedals that I received (two pair) included the rods, which fit perfectly.

4 minutes ago, Gundars Balodis said:

I did the same, even tried to simply put it in to hole without attaching pedal to wheel

20190711_190303 (2).jpg

The rods should be same size, if it cannot go further in then you be one of the few unlucky ones, where the entry hole isn't drilled right.

Someone else had 1 pedal like this and posted it on forum some time back. If I recall correctly he got his from @Jason McNeil

Edited by Unventor

1 hour ago, Gundars Balodis said:

it's not about disrespect, it's about price, I just can't afford to be a patriot, if I see 1600 from Ali and 2200+ from local seller, that's quite a difference for me with my "huge" salary, and this is my first wheel, I didn't even know if I will like it, so it was, lets say "test shot", next wheel I'll buy from locals (though I don't have any locals nearby).

And what very important to, in our country we never know when it will be taken away from us by officials, we're outlaws:ph34r:

Here in Belgium the 18xl is even €2500..

7 minutes ago, Gundars Balodis said:

I'll try old ones from small pedals tomorrow, they're shorter, or I'll have to cut these.

Use older rods if they are not worn too much. Both rods and screws are the same, the only difference is that large pedal rods are secured from one side only, so just one screw is needed per pedal.

3 minutes ago, Seba said:

Use older rods if they are not worn too much. Both rods and screws are the same, the only difference is that large pedal rods are secured from one side only, so just one screw is needed per pedal.

Yes, saw video on Youtube, rods should be the same size, my are much longer, will try "old" ones, they are just 3 weeks old:efee47c9c8:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Maartenv said:

Here in Belgium the 18xl is even €2500..

oh my god thats insane... i got my XL a few months ago locally for 2700 CAD lol

On 7/13/2019 at 9:48 AM, Maartenv said:

That’s nearly €700 (800usd) difference..

thats right... you guys get majorly ripped off there

Edited by Rywokast

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Thatmustache said:

I padded it up with a camping mat I bought from the dollar store, and today I went out to ride an EUC for the first time ever. I went to an empty park and field, and for the first half hour I nearly never took my hand off the fence for balance. But soon I was going 5, 10, 20 feet without needing to hold on. 

Congrats! You had an awesome first day!:thumbup:

1 hour ago, Thatmustache said:

The only downside is that my cheap camping mat cover is now ruined (better that than the unicycle) and my new wheel took a few tumbles and has some scrapes, but no crazy substantial amount of damage. 

Wow ...your protective mat really took a beating but much better than your new wheel.  Very few wheels remain looking pristine after a month or so. Bumps and scrapes are a badge of honor..... except when it applies to cars. ;)

• Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:32 AM, Rehab1 said:

Very few wheels remain looking pristine after a month or so. Bumps and scrapes are a badge of honor..... except when it applies to cars. ;)

Dude... You should be pushing those EUC Bdyguards!

And after all the negotiating you did for a commission...   :facepalm:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Thatmustache said:

3 days in and I've got more than 100 km behind me! I feel like im picking it up fairly quick. I'm whizzing around everywhere, on road and off road, every so often trying new things to see what I'm capable of doing. I feel like a superhero who is just figuring out the extent of his powers lol :lol: I'm extremely happy with my purchase, and with how quick it's coming. Although I'm sure there are many many more advanced maneuvers to master with time.

Things are going great, and this is some of the most fun I've ever had! Although my legs and especially my feet feel like I just walked across the country on them :rolleyes:

thats good to hear, im happy that youre happy with your choice of 18XL over 18L ;) hehe yup, very few people who learn to ride EUC regret their decision, i agree that its some of the most fun that you can have

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My first long ride with ks-16s 36 km. My first crash too. With fatigued legs tryed to jump cerb. Failed and jolted off while wheel still going and straight into concrete wall. Splitted inner and outershell open and headlight all twisted up. Banged all together with flexmeters and saw that one off the shells assebly brakets was broken (don't know how many there are). Seems to hold for now.

I thought that was it darned but amazingly robust. Even headlight still works. :blink:

My legs may be killing me in the morning but had the smile all the way. Loving it. At this rate i think i have to get a new 16s soon. Love 16s in tight turns, carving, triks, and acceleration to desent speed is enough fast. My cruising is around 25km/h. Very good allround machine and easy to steer at low speeds. :efeeec645d:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Having a blast with this wheel. Made me speed demon at forest roads and skiing trails. Beating a hell out this machine :efef77eaf5: and offcourse had to taste ground again. Coming to steep incline a long one. At the end of hill gets little steeper and thought i could keep the momentum to the top. Hit the hole in ground that i didnt see even with 2 lights in helmet. Inspected wheellog and was going about 16-18km/h. Wheel went bonkers after hitting the hole no peeps but shook left to right and gone. I was so padded that didnt hurt going left knee first then elbow half superman. Well now my dual axis kneepads look like used :smartass:.  Wheel didnt peep or turn off but wheellog clocked power sector to over 1700W and no big current. So am i right to asume over accelerated at hill with pump and wheel lost balance? It didnt hurt after fall but man now 2 days after my whole left is killing me.   

18 hours ago, FunkyWheeling said:

Hit the hole in ground that i didnt see even with 2 lights in helmet.

I think that is the only downside of helmet lights. They are located so high that they illuminate the whole bump/dip and it’s surroundings, making them difficult to see.

18 hours ago, FunkyWheeling said:

So am i right to asume over accelerated at hill with pump and wheel lost balance?

It could be that getting up from the hole just required more forward lean than expected, which can easily make the rider lose balance. Or perhaps the power of the wheel was insufficient in keeping itself upright trying to get up from the hole, and the pedals dipped forward. Which I consider to be essentially an over-lean.

Either way, that is what commonly happens with a surprise bump/dip.

• Like 1

Ok. I have to think about lighting and set up more. At weekend i try to replicate the crash. This time in daytime situation. I want to become better rider by understanding what went wrong but the biggest reason for crashing is standing on pedals i think :rolleyes:. Like Hsiang said "Overcome your fear and EMBRACE YOUR CRASH!".

• Like 1