KS 16S or KS 18l for my first wheel? Help please

29 minutes ago, Thatmustache said:

So my wheel will be grey imported, (I'm getting it from aliexpress) can I adjust the speed settings with third party apps then? Like WheelLog?

@US69 Will anything else be affected if I order a KS18xl from aliexpress.com?

I'm also just looking for clarification, thanks!

no you cant.. this is the same for any king song wheel bought from anywhere.. you must use their app to adjust speed, but you should only need to do it once just set it to 50 and forget about it, i believe you can adjust any alarms in other apps though

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

I couldn't be happier with mine! I'm not an off-roader though.

it is more than capable.. maybe not THE best, but definitely not bad by any means

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H51QOAbMZQQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOUmNFI5H40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aLvy6iG7Xo

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, US69 said:

You only receive the mentioned message IF FIRST: You bought a chinese Grey Import AND SECOND: You are in a Country with a "exclusive seller"...for example France!

The KS app for Setting the Speed and for upgrading firmwares check the Serial number on the chinese Server. So if you call that "phone home"...then Yes.

Thanks, and yes, that would qualify as phoning home in my book.

4 hours ago, US69 said:

What Michael has meant is that IF People really have serious Problems...you can contact him or your seller or me....there is ALWAYS the possibility to shut off any protections by a Special Software.

I want to Mention one Thing: KS has NEVER let down any customer...even when it is or was a "Grey Import"....in the end you will Always receive help!

This has been my understanding as well, and a very good argument for KS.

Thanks for verifying my understanding, it's very good to know exactly what these things are for and how they work.

• Like 1

Well, as i said earlier, I bought my KS from Ali, and have no problems with it, wheel itself, despite the fact that it was sold on Ali, is made for export, not for China mainland, and it came from Spain. And the most important, it 400 euro cheaper than cheapest wheel I have seen from EU "exclusive" sellers.

• Like 1

Just now, Thatmustache said:

Hey just in case anyone is wondering, after going back and forth more than 50 times,  I decided on, and just ordered the Kingsong 18XL :) Although i think the MSX looks like a beast of a machine, im confident that the 18xl can do everything I need it and want it to do, similar to the msx. And hopefully in a beginner friendly manner! Thank you to everyone who has helped my reach my decision! I will update sometime later :rolleyes:

congratulations! :) let us know what you think of it when you get it

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Gundars Balodis said:

Well, as i said earlier, I bought my KS from Ali, and have no problems with it, wheel itself, despite the fact that it was sold on Ali, is made for export, not for China mainland, and it came from Spain. And the most important, it 400 euro cheaper than cheapest wheel I have seen from EU "exclusive" sellers.

Yeah, good Job! :rolleyes: 

But germany does not Count as "exclusive" Country anyway, so where no Problems to exspect. Then lets press thumbs you need no real warranty!

Just a question: How do you think that it "is made for Export"? My guess is the ali-Seller said that?

8 hours ago, Thatmustache said:

Hey just in case anyone is wondering, after going back and forth more than 50 times,  I decided on, and just ordered the Kingsong 18XL :) Although i think the MSX looks like a beast of a machine, im confident that the 18xl can do everything I need it and want it to do, similar to the msx. And hopefully in a beginner friendly manner! Thank you to everyone who has helped my reach my decision! I will update sometime later :rolleyes:

Good Choice...hope you like it!

In Case of Problems...i am here!

Edited by US69
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, US69 said:

Just a question: How do you think that it "is made for Export"? My guess is the ali-Seller said that?

Yes, he did:), and I had to first believe him, but wheel really came from Spain, labeling is "KingSong" not "KS", of course I can't be 100% sure, but it works, I have almost 400km behind, so far without problems. Yes, I certainly risk with a guarantee, but who said that I should believe the local hagglers, who can't even make a proper website and selling the same wheel but 600 euros more expensive, or you guys do not believe that there are decent people among the Chinese? Maybe later I will be disappointed, but so far I can’t say anything bad about him, and don’t want to.

22 hours ago, Gundars Balodis said:

Yes, he did:), and I had to first believe him, but wheel really came from Spain, labeling is "KingSong" not "KS", of course I can't be 100% sure, but it works, I have almost 400km behind, so far without problems. Yes, I certainly risk with a guarantee, but who said that I should believe the local hagglers, who can't even make a proper website and selling the same wheel but 600 euros more expensive, or you guys do not believe that there are decent people among the Chinese? Maybe later I will be disappointed, but so far I can’t say anything bad about him, and don’t want to.

I absolutly have Nothing against  ali-sellers in general….earlier i also bought my wheels on Ali, and never had Problems with KingSong wheels, but in the meanwhile i changed my mind.

That the Wheel Comes from Spain has one of two reasons:

First, the seller might have a warehouse there. Second: He might have a spanish Partner just transfering the wheel . Both Methods are just to ensure that german custom and taxes are betrayed, as only with this method you dont have to pay custom and taxes….

The newest Kingsong wheels dont have "KS" anymore as label. But no, chinese sellers, dont get "Export" versions :-) Spanish Warehouse Sounds like Yi Chen/Rockwheel Store or even a bigger Ali seller like Daibot….

Dont get me wrong...most important is that you are happy with your Wheel, i am not blaming anyone :-)

But the Price difference in Europe is not that big as you think...you must ask the Right People B)

3 hours ago, US69 said:

But the Price difference in Europe is not that big as you think...you must ask the Right People B)

Maybe you're right, but, honestly, I did look everywhere, Germany, Ireland, England, Poland..., prices are slightly different, but all above 2000 euro 

3 hours ago, US69 said:

First, the seller might have a warehouse there. Second: He might have a spanish Partner just transfering the wheel . Both Methods are just to ensure that german custom and taxes are betrayed, as only with this method you dont have to pay custom and taxes….

and how he, interestingly, get these wheels to Spain without paying taxes, one by one as a gift?

19 minutes ago, Gundars Balodis said:

and how he, interestingly, get these wheels to Spain without paying taxes, one by one as a gift?

Choosing the country which has the worst custom controls....when sending them stating them worth only a 100bucks or so...so that they run under “not worth checking”...

i have ordered 4-5wheels myself from Alisellers....they have the whole repertoire to get it around custom/taxes! but can also run bad, as none of this is really legal!

my latest Ali wheel was a MSX...promised as always as no custom/taxes , too! I received it at home door....free.

than one week later I received a bill by UPS, which paid MY taxes/bills. So that I need to pay taxes for the 150dollar worth MSX wheel....about 100Euro extra for me! No chance to get around this UPS bill!

Seller comment: “oh, Sorry bad luck for you” ....100extra Euro? gone....

and btw one of the most recommended AliSellers here: Green Fashion traveling.

and maybe this does not belong here, but:

if we continue disrespecting our local sellers and economy.....in the end it will come that far that we will NOT have a ReWe or Obi or Bauhaus or car garage workshop around the corner anymore....as they will all be bankrupt as they can’t compete with ordering directly from China! And yeah, my main job will probably be gone then, too....then I will be that poor that I HAVE to order all and everything out of China....

just saying 😬

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, US69 said:

if we continue disrespecting our local sellers and economy.....in the end it will come that far that we will NOT have a ReWe or Obi or Bauhaus

it's not about disrespect, it's about price, I just can't afford to be a patriot, if I see 1600 from Ali and 2200+ from local seller, that's quite a difference for me with my "huge" salary, and this is my first wheel, I didn't even know if I will like it, so it was, lets say "test shot", next wheel I'll buy from locals (though I don't have any locals nearby).

And what very important to, in our country we never know when it will be taken away from us by officials, we're outlaws:ph34r:

btw. I don't realy care about REWE, im shopping in Lidl and Kaufland:efee8319ab:, REWE ist teuer.

Just now, Gundars Balodis said:

it's not about disrespect, it's about price, I just can't afford to be a patriot, if I see 1600 from Ali and 2200+ from local seller, that's quite a difference for me with my "huge" salary, and this is my first wheel, I didn't even know if I will like it, so it was, lets say "test shot", next wheel I'll buy from locals (though I don't have any locals nearby).

And what very important to, in our country we never know when it will be taken away from us by officials, we're outlaws:ph34r:

btw. I don't realy care about REWE, im shopping in Lidl and Kaufland:efee8319ab:, REWE ist teuer.

Hey, as said: That is Absolutly not meant bad or bullying to you in any Way!

As said, i have bought 4-5 wheels on ali myself. It can work out all well...but it can go bad, too.

And yeah! i agree that i wouldnt pay that difference, too!

For next wheel...contact me before ;-)

4 minutes ago, US69 said:

It can work out all well...but it can go bad, too.

is there really big difference between "KS" and "KingSong", and how can you really say which is which when labeling is the same now, I got big pedals from that guy too, but I'm a bit confused (well, it's my first wheel), in the hole for the axis on small pedals bolt thread is on both sides, on big pedals only on one side, so it should be? Or is it a defect?

Theoretically, if you cut the axis itself a bit, then you can tighten the bolt on one side only because the axis  does not pass through the other side.

It seems that I have first problem with Ali.

1 minute ago, Gundars Balodis said:

there really big difference between "KS" and "KingSong", and how can you really say which is which when labeling is the same now, I got big pedals from that guy too, but I'm a bit confused (well, it's my first wheel), in the hole for the axis on small pedals bolt thread is on both sides, on big pedals only on one side, so it should be? Or is it a defect?

No no, thats all fine. The bigger pedals only have one thread!

There is no KS and KingSong version anymore...only one. So all is fine with your wheel...i only had to smile hearing its a „export“ version :-)

Kingsong differs those wheels only by their serial number. They know what goes to europe/US...and what was sold in China.

But dont worry, your wheel is as good as all other K8ngsong wheels!