Riding while under the influence šŸ™

Ipsiain

Firstly,Ā I know this topic is a bad idea, and im not really sure what there is to gain from discussing it,Ā but here goes. Are any of you willing to admit toĀ takingĀ your wheel out for a spin after having a few beers/lines of coke?Ā 

Legally speaking, in the U.K. if you ride a bicycle on the road under influence you can be hit with a year longĀ driving ban as if you were driving a car. So iā€™d imagine the punishment for riding your wheel whilst being drunk would be the same... Not smart or clever, but the temptation will be there for some.Ā 

how unbelievably irresponsible.. if you want to put around on your own private property thats up to you.. riding ANYTHING in public while intoxicated in any way is extremely poor judgement.. as it is EUC riding is on thin ice as far as the law goes.. how do you think that kind of behavior would reflect.. ill be clear i couldnt care less what anyone does legal or not as long as its not hurting anyone else on their own property, but in public thats a definite no

One of the worst things I can imagine seeing in the local paper (in regards to EUCs) is that some drunk idiot hurt themself or someone else riding drunk:facepalm:Ā That would screw ever single one of us, especially in places like nanny-state Canada. I don't drink myself, but I can't see how anyone could ride buzzed in public (putting others at risk) in this day & age where a DUI is akin to murder in many places. Stick to the driveway or backyard.

EUC + booze/coke = good idea or bad idea?:efeed51798:

I purchased my first wheel from a guy that rode home from a party while intoxicated. He fell due to his lack of balance and got pretty injured. No protective equipment was worn. I'm against all forms of intoxication in general. But for the amount of coordination required to ride an EUC, one should be 100% sober.

The general opinion is obviously clear, as the forum is filled with sensible and smart people.

Physically one of the first things to be affected in a personĀ by alcohol is balance. Needless to ponder further.

While I completely agree with all of the comments above...

If your choice was getting on an EUC or getting into a car, I think the EUC might be the better option.

Having said that, getting into a taxi / Uber is an even better option!!!

I think we can all agree its a bad idea and that part wasnā€™t really up for discussion. I wasnā€™t meaning to debate the premeditated use ofĀ your wheel as a form of transport to get from A to B while your wasted.

It was more of question of has anyone taken their wheel out for a spin while having a buzz? As shameful and reckless asĀ that may be, who can admit to it and shame themselves?Ā 

Ā I wouldn't make any judgement on any body's hobby or drug use. To each his own.Ā 

I have used my wheel maybe 10 times after drinking quite heavily, for longish rides ( minimum half an hour). In most cases I fellĀ  unexpectedly, at slow speed, on well known paths, once or twice I was not wearing any protection. So for me, alcohol + wheel = catastrophe šŸ˜”

I can't, comment on coke etc.. Smoking weed hasn't been too bad so far, no fall that I can remember šŸ˜…

That said, I would not recommend riding under the influence, for many many many reasons, the least of all legal.Ā 

I've 420 with my wheels since I started out.

It has not affected me in balance or perceptual continuity.

This works for me, and I do NOT recommend this for others.

IMHO alcohol affects your motor skills which impairs the rider.

I do not and have not ridden while drunk.

Maybe 1 beer the most ever so far and that's not but messing about in front of my house.

Coke though, cmon. Why?

I was at the annual Christmas works night out, ended up walking in on a couple of colleaguesĀ doing coke in the bathroom, it was a bit awkward. I was coerced into joining in (first and last experience). Didnā€™t notice any effects and continued the night as normal. At the end the night, i get dropped off at the hotel i had booked into but I wasnā€™t ready to call it a night. I figured I had my wheel in my carĀ so iā€™d go for a quick spin and explore the area. It was a ride like no other. Not a good experience. Wobbles like nothing else I've experienced and I got lost.Ā 

Some of us already ride like weā€™re drunk šŸ˜„šŸ˜„ weaving and swervingĀ all over the placeĀ 

Itā€™s like that Jackie Chan movie, Drunken Master, anyone riding like that has got to be skilled!

Unless theres an "a-cola" at the end of that, then no. Coke? Is this a movie? Thats some heavy hitting drugs. Riding anything while on "proper jail time" drugs is a terrible terrrrrrrrrrrrrible idea. Try to never do that ever again, lol.Ā 

That being said, i have ridden home after a few pints, although I sober up extremely fast. The beginning part of the ride was wonderful. Flowing and carefree. Second part i was totally sober, and was just like, ok, lets get home. No accidents. Balance wasnt compromised. 4am in a village, not a car, pedestrian or animal on the streets, so I was all alone to break my neck in safety.

Many a group ride has included a stop for beer. But I wouldn't go so far as to say our riding ability was affected. Being in California, certain things have been smoked tooĀ :ph34r:

Beer šŸŗ makes you unbalanced and makes you want to weeee . Weed just chills you out and and enjoy the scenery go by ...coke i really dont know what that does to this day apart from keeping me up ________šŸ‘ƒ ,,,,oooh my younger days šŸ˜šŸ˜Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā šŸ‘†

Ā 

Did i just write that above ,,i must of been off mi titsšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I think just one beer kind of helps, maybe relax the nerves a bit, at least for a new rider (still don't have many miles under my belt...40?, family health issues last several months, not much opportunity to ride).

Also tried after 2 (or so šŸ¤”Ā ) and then that seems like its starting to affect balance, but no mishaps for me.Ā  That was just in/around the house not really near anyone though, minimal risk to property/others).Ā  Alcohol and balancing on one wheel (or two wheels for that matter) in general doesn't seem like a real wise combo!

I've been drunk on my escooter. I dropped it twice... whilst stationary! The rest of the journey was pretty straightforward.

I don't think there is anything wrong with having a drink and using an euc, escooter, bicycle or scooter. The key point here is *a drink* (or two). Getting tipsy is pushing your luck. Getting drunk is just stupid.

Worth remembering that on the slopes in Europe you're actively encouraged to have some schnapps (like a alcoholic shot of spirit). The rationale being that it loosens you up making you less tense and rigid on your skis or snowboard. I do think there is a Ā truth in the 'dutch courage' but it's essential toĀ understandĀ your own level of 'loosened up' vs not in control.

I have gone the other way with the apres/pre skiĀ and snowboarded with a hangover. The delay from mind to body ended up with me falling on ice and having a bruised hip. Never done it again.

Smoking weed and riding around in the woods is usually pretty damn fun. I don't like smoking weed and riding around town though. It makes me paranoid.Ā  I don't like drinking really at all and all my good drugging days are over. So, I guess stoned in the woods is as far as I'm willing to take it.Ā 

Archived