• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Look what just arrived this morning

IMG_20180822_103437403_HDR

To the workshop for unpacking, setup, and charging

IMG_20180822_103720426

That trolley handle isn't what I expected!

Yesterday while driving back from work, I was day dreaming, that when I will go home I will see Z10 on my door step and a note from Jason saying Thank you for your patience. 

On 8/22/2018 at 8:37 AM, Marty Backe said:

they have the wheel in their hands. So Wednesday night it is :dribble:

Watch out for these early signs of addiction ...! There is yet no known antidote or cure! ? 

On 8/22/2018 at 8:40 AM, novazeus said:

mines on the move too.

update on delivery, by end of day saturday.

Guys! Get a grip! After all we waited almost two years for our ?. What is one or two days more!

In the meantime, enjoy your other wheels  while you still can! ? 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:55 AM, Toshio Uemura said:

Watch out for these early signs of addiction ...! There is yet no known antidote or cure! ? 

Yes there is... More wheels!

Ellie is ready to take her new wheel for a spin!

Came about 55% charged. It’ll be awhile before it is ready to ride. Put the top padding on and I still have to finish cutting out the grip tape (using the factory tape as a stencil). Then I will have to open it up and install a Tile where I can find room and find some way to mount a bike lock on it; I am not taking any chances with a wheel that expensive. 

Can’t wait! Hope it lives up to all the hype. 

Two questions: Do you have to watch the videos to unlock the speed limit, or just take it for 1 Km? Does anyone else’s charging brick make a fairly loud noise? Sounds like burning. It is charging fine with no smell.

57A1E372-2E21-42D9-8F1D-C5458853268E.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Daniel Burkemper said:

Ellie is ready to take her new wheel for a spin!

Came about 55% charged. It’ll be awhile before it is ready to ride. Put the top padding on and I still have to finish cutting out the grip tape (using the factory tape as a stencil). Then I will have to open it up and install a Tile where I can find room and find some way to mount a bike lock on it; I am not taking any chances with a wheel that expensive. 

Can’t wait! Hope it lives up to all the hype. 

Two questions: Do you have to watch the videos to unlock the speed limit, or just take it for 1 Km? Does anyone else’s charging brick make a fairly loud noise? Sounds like burning. It is charging fine with no smell.

57A1E372-2E21-42D9-8F1D-C5458853268E.jpeg

Just ride 1-km to fully unlock.

I don't think my charging brick makes any noise.

Of course it will live up to the hype. And BTW, there's no hype with this wheel :dribble:

35 minutes ago, Daniel Burkemper said:

Does anyone else’s charging brick make a fairly loud noise? Sounds like burning. It is charging fine with no smell.

Mine is quiet like a dead dog. 

You guys all must have hearing loss LOL. 

Both the preproduction and my personal Z10 now's charging brick has low-level hiss noise while charging. At certain angles you cannot hear it, unless you hold the correct side up to your ear, or have it positioned next to a wall / reflective surface, so you can hear it in reflection.

i always plug into the wheel first and then the wall. 

initially i got no red or green light. i went oh shit, u gotta be kidding me.

then check the power cord(borrowed from an s1 charger) and tried again and voila, lit up. almost like a capacitor had to get loaded. weird.

i’ll stick my ear next to it.

19 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

You guys all must have hearing loss LOL. 

Both the preproduction and my personal Z10 now's charging brick has low-level hiss noise while charging. At certain angles you cannot hear it, unless you hold the correct side up to your ear, or have it positioned next to a wall / reflective surface, so you can hear it in reflection.

Or your American electrons are bigger, bulkier and therefore the electricity in NY is noisier than ours here in Japan. My charger is quiet like a dead dog. Just checked. And dead dogs do no hissing nor humming. ? 

2 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Or your American electrons are bigger, bulkier and therefore the electricity in NY is noisier than ours here in Japan. My charger is quiet like a dead dog. Just checked. And dead dogs do no hissing nor humming. ? 

Also, not sure if it needs to be plugged in for awhile/get hotter, as mine's been charging for a bit now, measured 132ºF.

Might also be since you guys use 220-240V? Dunno, not an EE, but the noise is clearly there, 2 different Z chargers now.

The hum and buzz from switching power supplies such as those used in these chargers can vary a lot between units and can vary based on their current load as well.  The inductor whine can be quite annoying sometimes.  A lot of people are also unable to hear many of these.  SO over all we are going to have wide range of reports on this, but it's not really worth mentioning these days.

5 hours ago, houseofjob said:

@houseofjob It will be very interesting to hear your feedback & thoughts on your production wheel, in comparison to Jason's demo Z10?

i just checked mine again. still charging. runs cool like 110 degrees f. zero noise. Bob might hear something but he’s not telling. 

and according to the battery monitor on the wheel it’s got full bars but still topping off evidently and of course, there is a monsoon right now.

i’m gonna have to wait until tmrw to feel this wheel.

Archived