Ninebot Z10

Ather

8 minutes ago, novazeus said:

yes, i’ll definitely play with the air pressure. 

i’m excited to learn this totally new wheel. 

LOL! Another addict ... ? And you will love ❤️ it!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Toshio Uemura said:

LOL! Another addict ... ? And you will love ❤️ it!

i just got a little taste but i have to agree  with u from my little bit of experience ridng  my wheels, this one is very different and i feel like it is gonna take some time before this wheel reads my mind, if ever.

so i had to check out the headlight at night after leveling the pedals and i planned on just getting it and shining it down the road and then come back inside. 

when i saw how good it worked, i decided to give it a test riding down my tree branch infested driveway. a little risky because i was only wearing flip flops and my pebble watch and my gate is only fifty feet from a public road. it was dark so what the heck.

the light although not as good as the v10f, very usable for me on my driveway.

still running 35psi and i’m likng it. i just like running on hard tires. 

2 minutes ago, novazeus said:

so i had to check out the headlight at night after leveling the pedals and i planned on just getting it and shining it down the road and then come back inside. 

when i saw how good it worked, i decided to give it a test riding down my tree branch infested driveway. a little risky because i was only wearing flip flops and my pebble watch and my gate is only fifty feet from a public road. it was dark so what the heck.

the light although not as good as the v10f, very usable for me on my driveway.

still running 35psi and i’m likng it. i just like running on hard tires. 

:cheers:

Regarding tire pressure - you may love 27-psi. I hope you will experiment. It's pretty easy to adjust the pressure on this wheel.

21 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:cheers:

Regarding tire pressure - you may love 27-psi. I hope you will experiment. It's pretty easy to adjust the pressure on this wheel.

i will. i haven’t really analyzed what the heck i’m doing to make it turn but i think i’m pointing my toes, like steering it with my feet, not laying it over like my other wheels.

this probably will be my new favorite wheel but all the others still have a place. i like mixing it up and keeping it fresh.

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

i will. i haven’t really analyzed what the heck i’m doing to make it turn but i think i’m pointing my toes, like steering it with my feet, not laying it over like my other wheels.

this probably will be my new favorite wheel but all the others still have a place. i like mixing it up and keeping it fresh.

What I’ve found is higher tire pressure equals speed wobbles and lower tire pressure equals veering. Actual optimal tire pressure will depend on overall weight. 

I cannot get my app to stop trying to get me to watch the 50km videos. This would be okay if it would allow me to watch the videos and complete it. What is the solution to this, as having to cancel these every time I reconnect has become very inconvient when I need the app to work ASAP in real-world situations. See pictures.

It “downloads”, then pops back up with the “Later” and “Now” message.

B29CF806-A356-45A6-9337-F469FE13D1AA.jpeg

C4279633-9252-469B-B92B-CE78F9E02C58.jpeg

5 hours ago, Daniel Burkemper said:

What I’ve found is higher tire pressure equals speed wobbles and lower tire pressure equals veering. Actual optimal tire pressure will depend on overall weight. 

I cannot get my app to stop trying to get me to watch the 50km videos. This would be okay if it would allow me to watch the videos and complete it. What is the solution to this, as having to cancel these every time I reconnect has become very inconvient when I need the app to work ASAP in real-world situations. See pictures.

Same issue here.. The download actually fails even though it shows 100%.. So it just keeps prompting you to download over and over again.. The thing is if you click “Later” when it first pops up, the app becomes unuseable..

7 hours ago, Daniel Burkemper said:

Try turning off Data, just use Bluetooth and it should stop connecting to the servers.

24 minutes ago, novazeus said:

is there an online manual for the z10?

Don't know. What are looking for? This wheel is pretty simple, and the app seems thorough enough. Just curious.

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Don't know. What are looking for? This wheel is pretty simple, and the app seems thorough enough. Just curious.

nothing really. i’m guessing there’s a manual in the box and was just curious if an online one was available. i doubt there’s any useful info in it but the online versions are easier to read on my ipad.

4 minutes ago, novazeus said:

nothing really. i’m guessing there’s a manual in the box and was just curious if an online one was available. i doubt there’s any useful info in it but the online versions are easier to read on my ipad.

You didn't see the manual in the box :confused1: Wow, you're not a very good unpacker ;)  You're not missing much. Press the power button, stand on the pedals, have fun.

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You didn't see the manual in the box :confused1: Wow, you're not a very good unpacker ;)  You're not missing much. Press the power button, stand on the pedals, have fun.

no i didn’t unpack it. 

did u check ur pedals to see if they were level with a spirits level?

i’m curious to see if my calibration stuck. i’ll check it before i ride it this afternoon.

i think if the pedals are level at neutral, that would help ur downhill riding skills.

19 minutes ago, novazeus said:

no i didn’t unpack it. 

did u check ur pedals to see if they were level with a spirits level?

i’m curious to see if my calibration stuck. i’ll check it before i ride it this afternoon.

i think if the pedals are level at neutral, that would help ur downhill riding skills.

Every new wheel I get, I calibrate the pedals. Yes, I calibrated the Z10 pedals.

FWIW, I'm noticing that the Z10 pedals seem to lose their calibration. Just last night I was detecting that the pedals had developed a forward tilt. So using the app I recalibrated. Fortunately the calibration procedure is simple and fast.

So don't assume that once you've calibrated them you won't have to touch them again. I seem to remember reading this observation somewhere else too.

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

My S1 came with a credit card sized plastic card with a flip out usb drive that plugs into a laptop to read the manual.  It would be easy to overlook.  Also there are QR codes on the pedal that can be scanned with a phone app for the tutorial.

rode a little more today. 

took the tire pressure down from 37 to 33.

still funky.

this is the most oddball feeling wheel of my whole bunch. 

not complaining, just observations. i said my v10f made me a better rider than i am, this wheel s the opposite of that. it’s like learning to ride all over again. 

seems like foot position front to back is more critical with this wheel. 

I wonder when we'll start seeing battery mods to extend the range of this wheel .... is this even possible? I'd certainly give it a go if there is space inside to add more cells, then I wouldn't need to think about MSX. Its hilly where I live so I will be lucky to get 25 miles range with the supplied battery and I don't like running the battery down close to zero in case I run out of power to get home.

35 minutes ago, Nic said:

I'd certainly give it a go if there is space inside to add more cells, 

If you've seen my Z teardown, there's barely any space to lose your keys in the Z inner body, let alone fit extra cells.

Only way is to up the cell density, as I think they couldn't go full 3.5Ah LG MJ1's or similar due to the lack of availability (read: Apple, Samsung, Tesla battery hogging), but this would only up the Wh an additional ~100Wh, not worth it. Otherwise, you would need to do unsightly frankenstein DIY external modding, also not worth it IMHO.

On 8/26/2018 at 12:06 AM, Daniel Burkemper said:

The riding experiance is something else on this thing. It feels like I am learning all over again.

same here. it’s weird! fun, but weird.

42 minutes ago, novazeus said:

oh yeah, checked my pedal levelness after leveling them last night, nope it was gone.

i’m wondering if any of these wheels maintain calibration.

Most of my other wheels maintain their calibration. But periodically I do need to recalibrate. I guess they include that feature for a reason.

Did anyone perform the BMS V1.1.1 updates?  The wheel went through 60 seconds of gyrations before stabilizing again. Any ideas what the update achieved? 

Archived