Ninebot Z10

Ather

13 hours ago, Daniel Burkemper said:

Ellie loved her first ride on the Z10!

The riding experiance is something else on this thing. It feels like I am learning all over again. I noticed over 26PSI I get the scary speed wobbles. Under 24PSI and it just begins to veer. Hopefully I can get it just right. I am fairly lightweight. It is a lot to handle when pushing around and riding. 

What is the sound settings? I started to try them out, but it says it will take 1-3 hours to download 0.05Mb (Chinese servers). I canceled it, now it doesn’t play certain sounds.

38CCB9F4-5DED-4816-B389-D659EE82A7DD.jpeg

CC0D3FF7-8C7C-4EBB-A5AD-B28DD37222EB.jpeg

What is that "thing" mounted to your mudguard???

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

What is that "thing" mounted to your mudguard???

I’m guessing it’s a folding lock. That’s what it looks like to me, and since he has keys hanging there, I think it’s a pretty good bet. I’d use Abus, but good lock style for EUC. 

6 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

I’m guessing it’s a folding lock. That’s what it looks like to me, and since he has keys hanging there, I think it’s a pretty good bet. I’d use Abus, but good lock style for EUC. 

Thanks. Fortunately I never have to leave my EUC unattended where it could be stolen.

I have a question to prepare for my Z10 when it arrives (hopefully before Christmas).

My mobile is Windows 10 and is unsupported by the EUC apps...

I am curious about the Pebble watch ... do I need an Android phone before I can use a Pebble watch to get ride stats from my EUC?

If I get an Android mobile to run the EUC apps (Ninebot/InMotion), does the phone need a signal from the mobile network in order to get ride stats? Just curious because the apps don't support Android tablets.

I am currently using my InMotion V8 without any app and wondered if the stats for my completed rides will be available for me to view when I eventually get a new mobile so I can use the apps. I don't really want to be using a mobile while I am riding as I really need to keep a lookout for pot holes and other dangers seeing as my riding skills are still developing. B)

4 minutes ago, Nic said:

I have a question to prepare for my Z10 when it arrives (hopefully before Christmas).

I am curious about the Pebble watch ... do I need an Android phone before I can use a Pebble watch to get ride stats from my EUC?

If I get an Android mobile to run the EUC apps (Ninebot/InMotion), does the phone need a signal from the mobile network in order to get ride stats?

I am currently using my InMotion V8 without any app andwondered if the stats for my completed rides will be available for me to view when I eventually get a new mobile so I can use the apps. I don't really want to be using a mobile while I am riding as I really need to keep a lookout for pot holes and other dangers seeing as my riding skills are still developing. B)

You need the phone but not the service... you will need to download WheelLog app, update it through Rebble which has taken over because Pebble was bought by FitBit, once they are paired everything should work fine... search the forum there is a lot of info on this... I also saw that the latest version of wheellog works with NineBot (Z) as well

16 minutes ago, Nic said:

If I get an Android mobile to run the EUC apps (Ninebot/InMotion), does the phone need a signal from the mobile network in order to get ride stats? Just curious because the apps don't support Android tablets.

I am currently using my InMotion V8 without any app and wondered if the stats for my completed rides will be available for me to view when I eventually get a new mobile so I can use the apps. I don't really want to be using a mobile while I am riding as I really need to keep a lookout for pot holes and other dangers seeing as my riding skills are still developing. B)

You need the Ninebot app to activate the wheel and remove the restriction. Not sure if the app is available for Windows phone. 

Thanks guys!

So Pebble needs a smartphone as it uses the app running on the smartphone to get the EUC stats ... the Pebble watch is only a display for info retrieved by the phone. Looks like I need to get a new smartphone then, particularly as I'll need to activate my Z10 when I get it.:thumbup:

1 minute ago, Nic said:

Thanks guys!

So Pebble needs a smartphone as it uses the app running on the smartphone to get the EUC stats ... the Pebble watch is only a display for info retrieved by the phone. Looks like I need to get a new smartphone then, particularly as I'll need to activate my Z10 when I get it.:thumbup:

you can get a cheap phone for this use only... I think quite a few people have done that, some who have IPhones and get android just for their wheels

29 minutes ago, Nic said:

Thanks guys!

As has been recommended often here, just buy a super-cheap (~$30) Android phone and you have everything you need to use WheelLog with the Pebble watch. That same cheap Android phone can also run the Ninebot app to activate your Z10.

The Z10 states on the box that it requires either an Android or iOS phone to work.

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

As has been recommended often here, just buy a super-cheap (~$30) Android phone and you have everything you need to use WheelLog with the Pebble watch. That same cheap Android phone can also run the Ninebot app to activate your Z10.

The Z10 states on the box that it requires either an Android or iOS phone to work.

Quote, Marty Backe, on the VIDEO THREAT: “I don't like products that are designed around phones. That's just me.

8 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Quote, Marty Backe, on the VIDEO THREAT: “I don't like products that are designed around phones. That's just me.

I agree ... why should I need to buy a phone to activate my Z10 ... I already have several Android tablets, but the EUC apps are not compatible with tablets. I already have a phone but its not supported. Maybe EUCs should come with a cheap rugged phone.

2 minutes ago, Nic said:

I agree ... why should I need to buy a phone to activate my Z10 ... I already have several Android tablets, but the EUC apps are not compatible with tablets.

They are with iPads! ? 

4 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

They are with iPads! ? 

So you're saying I need to buy a new tablet as well!:crying::whistling:

I think its about time all these apps were redesigned to be html5 web based and compatible with all devices. Having all these different eco systems makes no sence to consumers.

9 minutes ago, Nic said:

So you're saying I need to buy a new tablet as well!:crying::whistling:

I think its about time all these apps were redesigned to be html5 web based and compatible with all devices. Having all these different eco systems makes no sence to consumers.

Consume! ... be silent! ... and die! ? 

35 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

:laughbounce2: Well, what choice did I have?

32 minutes ago, Nic said:

I agree ... why should I need to buy a phone to activate my Z10 ... I already have several Android tablets, but the EUC apps are not compatible with tablets. I already have a phone but its not supported. Maybe EUCs should come with a cheap rugged phone.

BTW, I haven't tested every app, but the KingSong and Gotway apps work on my iPads and Adroid tablets. If the EUC app works on a phone it really should work on any tablet.

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:laughbounce2: Well, what choice did I have?

Right! So just keep telling yourself: I don’t like my Z10. I don’t like products that are designed around phones. I don’t like my Z10. It’s designed around a phone! I don’t like my Z .... I just ❤️ it!

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, I haven't tested every app, but the KingSong and Gotway apps work on my iPads and Adroid tablets. If the EUC app works on a phone it really should work on any tablet.

The Play store says that InMotion and Ninebot apps are not compatible with my Android tablets, but they are compatible with by Android TV Box as that device reports itself as a phone! Go figure,,,

20 minutes ago, Nic said:

The Play store says that InMotion and Ninebot apps are not compatible with my Android tablets, but they are compatible with by Android TV Box as that device reports itself as a phone! Go figure,,,

Hilarious!

I also believe that the phone/app should be optional.  A lot of people her sing the praises of that shitty Ninebot App because they have not lived with it long enough like some of us.  They actually had people locked out of their devices while they switched backend servers, and then everyone had to register again.  I'm not sure of the current release, but if their web service was down you were locked out of connection to your own wheel.  Then add all the silly social media stuff you are forced to ignore each time you start the app or go to the wrong menu.  Then there was the privacy issues, because they were tracking you and actually exposed that data to others even if you where not connected to their social media circus.  And finally if you are running less than the latest release it nags you on practically every operation, not once, but twice between every operation; sadly this is actually an improvement that forced update in the past, which then bricked devices for a few lucky people.  

Yes this spyware should be optional, and even when you do use it, you should be able to connect to your device without an internet connection or any record of what you are doing.

19 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

Hilarious!

I also believe that the phone/app should be optional.  A lot of people her sing the praises of that shitty Ninebot App because they have not lived with it long enough like some of us.  They actually had people locked out of their devices while they switched backend servers, and then everyone had to register again.  I'm not sure of the current release, but if their web service was down you were locked out of connection to your own wheel.  Then add all the silly social media stuff you are forced to ignore each time you start the app or go to the wrong menu.  Then there was the privacy issues, because they were tracking you and actually exposed that data to others even if you where not connected to their social media circus.  And finally if you are running less than the latest release it nags you on practically every operation, not once, but twice between every operation; sadly this is actually an improvement that forced update in the past, which then bricked devices for a few lucky people.  

Yes this spyware should be optional, and even when you do use it, you should be able to connect to your device without an internet connection or any record of what you are doing.

The version that I'm using with the Z10 seems to missing all of these crappy features that you are talking about. I don't have to login to connect to the Z10. Plus if I'm just monitoring things, I can now use WheelLog.

1st ride of a i still consider myself a beginner.

BIZARRE!

so i haven’t been riding much at all because i don’t like Bob being out in the heat and it’s been miserably hot and muggy.

so the plan was ride the 16s, then the 18s and get my wheel legs back a little before jumping on the zed sled. put like 68psi in the 16s, 45 in the 18s and it is a pita, my little brass extension almost works but had to use the supplied flexible extender attached to my little 12volt compressor and wound up at 35psi on zed.

so off i go on zed and zed does have a mind of it’s own and it meanders towards the shoulder of my road not heeding any of the normal wheel input commands.

and this is important! so i get down my road, feels like i’m riding a beach ball, and i forget it’s still in segway’s 1km speed restriction and it starts beeping at me, not bad  felt like i was going faster than 6mph. so i continue and i don’t have my phone with me and it starts beeping again and gives me pretty strong tiltback, but i continue and every 50 feet it starts beeping like crazy and i don’t know what is going on so i’m going like 2mph, which it does that really well. finally get back to my phone, connect and remove the speed limiter.

every euc enthusiast will have to own this wheel just because it is so different.

and, as i suspected, because this wheel is the first wheel i’ve bought that i’m proud to show my little gfs, and their response is very positive.

so maybe now, revenge of the nerds on their zed sleds.

22 minutes ago, novazeus said:

1st ride of a i still consider myself a beginner.

BIZARRE!

so i haven’t been riding much at all because i don’t like Bob being out in the heat and it’s been miserably hot and muggy.

so the plan was ride the 16s, then the 18s and get my wheel legs back a little before jumping on the zed sled. put like 68psi in the 16s, 45 in the 18s and it is a pita, my little brass extension almost works but had to use the supplied flexible extender attached to my little 12volt compressor and wound up at 35psi on zed.

so off i go on zed and zed does have a mind of it’s own and it meanders towards the shoulder of my road not heeding any of the normal wheel input commands.

and this is important! so i get down my road, feels like i’m riding a beach ball, and i forget it’s still in segway’s 1km speed restriction and it starts beeping at me, not bad  felt like i was going faster than 6mph. so i continue and i don’t have my phone with me and it starts beeping again and gives me pretty strong tiltback, but i continue and every 50 feet it starts beeping like crazy and i don’t know what is going on so i’m going like 2mph, which it does tha really well. finally get back to my phone, connect and remove the speed limiter.

every euc enthusiast will have to own this wheel just because it is so different.

and, as i suspected, because this wheel is the first wheel i’ve bought that i’m proud to show my little gfs, and their response is very positive.

so maybe now, revenge of the nerds on their zed sleds.

Welcome to the club. But you should definitely go down from the 35 psi. They won’t make you happy and will ruin your knees on the long run. Try 27 (may be even 25 psi) it makes a big difference! ? 

1 minute ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Welcome to the club. But you should definitely go down from the 35 psi. They won’t make you happy and will ruin your knees on the long run. Try 27 (may be even 25 psi) it makes a big difference! ? 

yes, i’ll definitely play with the air pressure. 

i’m excited to learn this totally new wheel. 

Archived