Ninebot Z10

Ather

44 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Or your American electrons are bigger, bulkier and therefore the electricity in NY is noisier than ours here in Japan.

Hey... we shouldn't question science... apparently the Air in the UK is causing excess weight in the Z tires according to a video posted yesterday... :whistling:

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, fbhb said:

@houseofjob It will be very interesting to hear your feedback & thoughts on your production wheel, in comparison to Jason's demo Z10?

Sure, but I'd rather have a good 100km / 60 miles under me on my Z10 first, as I'm not keen on reporting from just a day of riding. Will definitely report back though.

13 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Sure, but I'd rather have a good 100km / 60 miles under me on my Z10 first, as I'm not keen on reporting from just a day of riding. Will definitely report back though.

I can definitely relate to you having to put some decent miles on it first to have a genuine feel for any changes you are likely to notice & would not expect anything other than that scenario from you Chris! Will look forward to your words of wisdom all in your own good time.

13 hours ago, novazeus said:

i checked the pedals and they are slightly tilted up.

so i’m guessing there’s no way to level the pedals? 

it sure is a work of art.

You can calibrate till the cows come home and it will not be exactly level.  Just close to level.

42 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i checked the pedals and they are slightly tilted up.

so i’m guessing there’s no way to level the pedals? 

it sure is a work of art.

Tilted up from what angle (looking at the wheel from the side or the front). I had to re-calibrate my wheel, but from the front my pedals are more or less flat.

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Tilted up from what angle (looking at the wheel from the side or the front). I had to re-calibrate my wheel, but from the front my pedals are more or less flat.

like if u put a spirits level on a pedal. the leading edge of the pedal is about a quarter of an inch higher than the rear of the pedal.

i would prefer level.

it has some kind of calibrate about pulling left or right on start up. idk what that is.

i do think the inward angle of these e+ pedals is greater on the zed.

20180825_194636

1 minute ago, novazeus said:

like if u put a spirits level on a pedal. the leading edge of the pedal is about a quarter of an inch higher than the rear of the pedal.

i would prefer level.

it has some kind of calibrate about pulling left or right on start up. idk what that is.

Yeah. Every wheel needs (should) to be calibrated. Just use the app.

Just now, novazeus said:

i don’t think it has that calibration feature.

Of course it has the calibrate feature. As I said above, "I had to calibrate mine". All performance wheels have the calibrate feature.

Use the app Luke :P

17 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i don’t think it has that calibration feature.

Main Screen > Riding > Posture Sensor Calibration

or

top right settings cog > Riding > Posture Sensor Calibration

... but it seems you can't set to any tilt angle, just does a reset to what it thinks is level, unfortunately.

31 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Of course it has the calibrate feature. As I said above, "I had to calibrate mine". All performance wheels have the calibrate feature.

Use the app Luke :P

no it doesn’t do a manual calibration. just tried it. 

funny thing is, my left pedal is tilted down in the front and the right pedal is tilted up. evidently the pedal hangers need adjustment. 

i have no idea what “posture sensor calibration” is? if it’s “pedal leveling calibration” they should say that. when u do it, it may calibrate something but leveling the pedals ain’t it.

it’s not off much and considering the pedal hangers aren’t in line with one another, it may be perfect.

2018-08-25_09-59-02

5 hours ago, houseofjob said:

You guys all must have hearing loss LOL. 

Both the preproduction and my personal Z10 now's charging brick has low-level hiss noise while charging. At certain angles you cannot hear it, unless you hold the correct side up to your ear, or have it positioned next to a wall / reflective surface, so you can hear it in reflection.

Well it could be. It's a well known fact you lose hearing in the higher frequencies when you get older.

When I put the brick up to my ear I can hear a little buzzing, but that's it.

Finally had the opportunity to time a full charge - from 6%: ~9-hours.

10 minutes ago, novazeus said:

no it doesn’t do a manual calibration. just tried it. 

funny thing is, my left pedal is tilted down in the front and the right pedal is tilted up. evidently the pedal hangers need adjustment. 

i have no idea what “posture sensor calibration” is? if it’s “pedal leveling calibration” they should say that. when u do it, it may calibrate something but leveling the pedals ain’t it.

it’s not off much and considering the pedal hangers aren’t in line with one another, it may be perfect.

2018-08-25_09-59-02

You're stubborn, I give you that.

Sounds like maybe your wheel has a defect. Both pedals should be parallel with each other, and Posture Sensor Calibration calibrates my pedals, and apparently others. But if it doesn't bother you, leave it be.

BTW, I don't feel like calibrating mine right now, but if I recall the app provides on-screen instructions which tell you what it's doing. Didn't yours provide you with instructions?

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

You're stubborn, I give you that.

Sounds like maybe your wheel has a defect. Both pedals should be parallel with each other, and Posture Sensor Calibration calibrates my pedals, and apparently others. But if it doesn't bother you, leave it be.

BTW, I don't feel like calibrating mine right now, but if I recall the app provides on-screen instructions which tell you what it's doing. Didn't yours provide you with instructions?

nope. 

what does “posture sensor calibration” do to ur pedals? make them level or to a tilt u specify?

i just did it. it doesn’t work like u think it does.

On the v10f u can dial in the pedals up and down as u choose and with its huge pedals makes a big difference in how the wheel handles.

5 minutes ago, novazeus said:

nope. 

what does “posture sensor calibration” do to ur pedals? make them level or to a tilt u specify?

i just did it. it doesn’t work like u think it does.

On the v10f u can dial in the pedals up and down as u choose and with its huge pedals makes a big difference in how the wheel handles.

I put my Z10 on a level surface. I perform that function and it levels the pedals, on my wheel. I had to do it when I took mine out of the box. The pedals were not level with the ground. I used the app, and my pedals are now level with the ground.

As @houseofjob said a few posts up, you can't choose your own offset angle. All you can do is make the pedals level with the ground, which works on my wheel.

that’s great. idk why the wheel would have to be on a level surface. if if makes the pedals level, then they are level. 

it might be doing that with mine but like i say, my pedal hangers are off a bit. 

i was watching duf’s video when he was screwing with the app and they called it 

“calibrate attitude sensor” back then i guess. 

Ellie loved her first ride on the Z10!

The riding experiance is something else on this thing. It feels like I am learning all over again. I noticed over 26PSI I get the scary speed wobbles. Under 24PSI and it just begins to veer. Hopefully I can get it just right. I am fairly lightweight. It is a lot to handle when pushing around and riding. 

What is the sound settings? I started to try them out, but it says it will take 1-3 hours to download 0.05Mb (Chinese servers). I canceled it, now it doesn’t play certain sounds.

38CCB9F4-5DED-4816-B389-D659EE82A7DD.jpeg

CC0D3FF7-8C7C-4EBB-A5AD-B28DD37222EB.jpeg

2703160D-8976-46DC-849C-3CB63D68FB1E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

As @houseofjob said a few posts up, you can't choose your own offset angle. All you can do is make the pedals level with the ground, which works on my wheel.

well, i screwed around with it some more using an ipad for luck and could be a fluke but when u turn it off, if u can hold it real still using a level as a guide, it will lock in to where u have it. 

put some air in the tire tmrw and giddyup.

16 hours ago, Marcglider said:

Hey... we shouldn't question science... apparently the Air in the UK is causing excess weight in the Z tires according to a video posted yesterday... :whistling:

Which is scientifically true in fact and not only in the UK but worldwide. I calculated it, comparing the MSuper to the Z10. The difference is approximately 2.3 gr that the air in the Z tire is heavier.

The ideal gas law (which is a good approximation in this case) says PV=nRT where P is pressure, V is volume, n is mols of gas, R is the ideal gas law constant, and T is temperature in Kelvin.

Thus, solving for n, we see n = (PV)/(RT). Then, assuming air is made up of {gas1, gas2,...} with fractions {p1,p2,...} (so p1+p2+...=1) and corresponding molar masses {m1,m2,...}, the mass of air in a tire is (PV/(RT))(p1*m1+p2*m2+...). So, what we see is that the mass of air in a tire is directly proportional to the volume of the tire and directly proportional to the pressure in the tire, and inversely proportional to the temperature of the air in the tire.

We will make the following (reasonable) assumptions: Assume the temperature is around room temperature (293 Kelvin) and the volume of the tire regardless of pressure is the same (primarily determined by the shape of the rubber, assuming not severely under/over inflated). For convenience, air is about {nitrogen, oxygen} with {p1,p2}= {0.8,0.2} and molar masses {28 g/mol,32 g/mol}. Thus, under these assumptions (V is fixed, and T is fixed), the mass of the air in tire grows linearly with pressure. 

So, the mass of air in a tire of volume V and pressure P and temperature T is about (PV/RT)(0.8*28+0.2*32) grams. It may be better to write it as "P ((V/(RT)) (0.8*28+0.2*32)) grams" noting that V/(RT) is a constant for us. 

Since I don't want to put the units into wolfram alpha carefully, you can put in the entry "(7 bar* 10 gallons)/(ideal gas constant*293 Kelvin)*(0.8*28+0.2*32)" and read the result off in grams (ignoring the unit it says there) to get an estimate for the weight of air in a 7 bar (~100 psi), 10 gallon volume tire as around 313 grams. Is 10 gallons reasonable? No. 

Lets be crude about estimating the volume of a tube using a torus. The volume of a torus is V=(pi*r^2)(2*pi*R) where R is the major radius and r is the minor radius. Google will calculate it for you (and has a picture of what major and minor radius is). ...

Is it necessary to continue? ... or, do you trust me that there is in fact a weight difference, but it is neglectable for our purposes! :whistling:? 

18 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Very wise comment. The Z needs this time for binding/bonding with you ... or is it opposite? Whatever. Take all the time in the world for this. ? 

13 hours ago, Daniel Burkemper said:

Ellie loved her first ride on the Z10!

The riding experiance is something else on this thing. It feels like I am learning all over again. I noticed over 26PSI I get the scary speed wobbles. Under 24PSI and it just begins to veer. Hopefully I can get it just right. I am fairly lightweight. It is a lot to handle when pushing around and riding. 

What is the sound settings? I started to try them out, but it says it will take 1-3 hours to download 0.05Mb (Chinese servers). I canceled it, now it doesn’t play certain sounds.

38CCB9F4-5DED-4816-B389-D659EE82A7DD.jpeg

CC0D3FF7-8C7C-4EBB-A5AD-B28DD37222EB.jpeg

2703160D-8976-46DC-849C-3CB63D68FB1E.jpeg

I use the Loomo Robot sound. It’s really cute. I love the sound when shutting off: “ooooh, is it over already!” And the happypiness, when it starts up! Love your dog too, really cute. I had Afghan hounds and Borsoi in my childhood, but now we have only cats and some ? snakes. Everybody is busy. Would love to have such a beautiful companion again. I envy you. ? 

31 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Very wise comment. The Z needs this time for binding/bonding with you ... or is it opposite? Whatever. Take all the time in the world for this. ? 

This applies to ALL wheels (even between like brand), not just the Z, as there is ALWAYS an initial buyer euphoria and/or bias (coming from the physics and habits of a prior wheel) for everyone.  

Hard to be objective in this state.

Not to mention you need MUCH more mileage for a wheel to reveal smaller details and faults. You'll never learn in one test ride, not even a couple of days.

Archived