Ninebot Z10

Ather

I am extremely impatient about Z10 and cannot wait for it. I pre-ordered it through Jason (eWheels), but the update is that I will get it by second week of Aug, if I pay extra air shipment, that said, there is no guarantee that I will get it either. I dont know how many more people are ahead of me. 

Should I order it through AliExpress, it seems like that it will cost me around the same if I get it through eWheels or AliExpress, but I will get it sooner if I order through AliExpress. What are your views. Should I wait and go with eWheels? 

Thank you! 

You can not ship it air either as it has a Li-on Battery. Those are banned from air shipping.
You must also realize. The actual wheel isn't even out yet from the manufacturer. All the videos you are seeing are test models.

Edited by Esper

2 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Your impatience could cause you a load of headaches and cost if the wheel develops a problem and you have no support from your Aliexpress vendor. Jason at eWheels has impeccable customer service. I'd never buy a wheel from anyone else because of this. If you lack the ability to wait then that is your call. Patience seems to be a lost art in the modern era. It's perplexing

Ok I will wait! It is soo difficult though :D 

1 minute ago, Ather said:

Ok I will wait! It is soo difficult though :D 

If this is going to be your first wheel, I would recommend getting a cheaper, smaller one to keep you company until the NB1Z10 arrives.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Esper said:

You can not ship it air either as it has a Li-on Battery. Those are banned from air shipping.

Jason has an arrangement to have them air shipped from China. I don't know the regulations but it can be done in the right circumstances (Inmotion did it with the first V10s) . Perhaps it has to be guaranteed not to travel on a passenger plane. Some shipping companies rent unused hold space from airlines to move packages around. 

• Like 1

Just now, Esper said:

If this is going to be your first wheel, I would recommend getting a cheaper, smaller one to keep you company until the NB1Z10 arrives.

Yes. Why smash up your new Z10. Buy a used beater and smash the hell out of that learning. Then ride the pretty Z10. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, WARPed1701D said:

Jason has an arrangement to have them air shipped from China. I don't know the regulations but it can be done in the right circumstances (Inmotion did it with the first V10s) . Perhaps it has to be guaranteed not to travel on a passenger plane. Some shipping companies rent unused hold space from airlines to move packages around. 

Jason uses his own batteries. He gets the wheel shipped without the batteries and supplies his own. I remember reading this somewhere but I can't recall where because he said they use cheaper batteries and he puts in higher quality batteries.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Esper said:

I have 14D, I need for my longer commute. 14D just does not work 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Esper said:

Jason uses his own batteries. He gets the wheel shipped without the batteries and supplies his own. I remember reading this somewhere but I can't recall where because he said they use cheaper batteries and he puts in higher quality batteries.

It looks like they are Air shipping though

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2018-Newest-Ninebot-One-Z10-Electric-unicycle-motor1800W-1000WH-max-speed-45km-h-Single-wheel-balance/32893224490.html?aff_platform=link-c-tool&cpt=1532444210048&sk=cdzHAJtq&aff_trace_key=f748c40c5afa4172a66de230ee6302eb-1532444210048-07926-cdzHAJtq&terminal_id=ee15a9943ab34d4fab0693c21b92355e

2 hours ago, Esper said:

Thank You Jason !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Esper said:

That had been the case some time ago, with a few specific models, but today, all the manufacturers have standardized on top tier-1 cells like the LG MH1/MJ1 & the Panasonic GA. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

A bit of setback from this morning... This just in from 9B HQ: 

"Hi Jason, just updating you that your one Z order is delayed till middle of August. Mould issue, mould is broken. All orders are delayed...." 

I asked for more details/clarification on what exactly this meant, it would appear that the mold that is used for the plastic injection molding has developed a fault & is having to be repaired or remade.  

Ali sellers are going to have exactly the same problem of getting their hands on supply. Because we had a comparatively large order, I've been assured by 9B that we're at the top of the production queue. 

Sorry guys, hang in there... 

Depending on what damage the mold has, it might take a while to fix it, if it’s fixable. It’s funny that at my work, the only molds that break unexpectedly are the ones made in China. Someone mentioned that there’s something different about their steel.

Anyone who mass produce injection molded parts usually have more that one mold for each part. This probably means their capacity is constrained, and hopefully not complete stop of production.

Guess we’ll sit and wait...

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

A bit of setback from this morning... This just in from 9B HQ: 

"Hi Jason, just updating you that your one Z order is delayed till middle of August. Mould issue, mould is broken. All orders are delayed...." 

I asked for more details/clarification on what exactly this meant, it would appear that the mold that is used for the plastic injection molding has developed a fault & is having to be repaired or remade.  

Ali sellers are going to have exactly the same problem of getting their hands on supply. Because we had a comparatively large order, I've been assured by 9B that we're at the top of the production queue. 

Sorry guys, hang in there... 

Oh man, that sucks :crying: I'm really enjoying your Z10 and was thinking that I'd have my very own in August, albeit late August. It's painful seeing them start to pop up everywhere outside of the United States. I'm sure you're frustrated.

43 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I wonder who will be the lucky recipient of the Z10 that broke the mold

Honestly, they probably just tossed it into a scrap bin to be recycled for the #200+ mold. 

• Like 1