Ninebot Z10

Ather

5 hours ago, Unventor said:

Yes but does it ever rain at your place? I mean proper rain.

And for winter weather you need icy condition or at least snow on the roadsides.

If you like to get an idea of what I mean look up extreme euc on you tybe, he has some nice winter videos.  I believe he is Finnish, as his you tube name suggest he do some crazzy stuff on EUCs

I'm familiar with EUC Extreme. Unfortunately he was most active a few years ago, prior to me learning about EUCs.

We get heavy rain where I live, but fortunately only a handful of days every year.

4 hours ago, codersarepeople said:

Obviously @Jason McNeil has the ultimate answers here,

Jason has the wherewithal to weather the tariff storm. Yes a 13% price increase sounds terrible but I believe the majority of EUC customers will not alter their buying habits. Upgrading to new and improved wheels is in our blood. It’s like a shot of adrenaline. When you add piece of mind to the purchase of a new wheel from a  company like EWheels it’s worth the additional surcharge.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, novazeus said:

according to aug 8 email from @Jason McNeil z10’s were gonna arrive this week, maybe, and he would send out another email to finalize whether the early depositors  would opt for the $190 air freight.

Has anybody got that email? i haven’t yet.

Have not get the email yet. Jason mentioned that he will receive them on Aug 18th and he will send the email then. 

My Z was at my doorstep today, but because UPS deliver office hours nobody will be at home to receive it. It is also UPS policy that drivers don't call or text to warn the customer of an incoming package so as I had not checked the tracker lately I had no way of preparing for the delivery. I think DHL works better in informing the customer. The package came via Netherlands, not sure what's up with that choreography. Had it come directly from China to the Finnish border, I am sure I would be paying tariffs and VAT now.

2 hours ago, Ather said:

Have not get the email yet. Jason mentioned that he will receive them on Aug 18th and he will send the email then. 

i didn’t see the aug 18th date anywhere. the last email i got said they should be here this week.

Hello, 

There is both good & not so good news relating to the Z10 production. First the good news: Ninebot are shipping out 50 units to our shipping agent this week; the plan is that this round is going to be air-freighted (at a $190 extra supplement) early next week.

Now onto the not so good news—which is the same as the good news—that there will only be 50 units in this batch; meaning there is not enough supply to go round. Awaiting further details from Ninebot about the next production schedule, but it might be another 3-4 weeks. For these, we'll probably do a combination of both sea & air.

Because the current standing of deposits is sitting at just over two hundred, once the Wheels have arrived by air (hopefully next week), we will be sending out a purchase link invite to the first 75 depositors. After 24hrs, & if there is some of the air arrivals that are unclaimed, I will extend out the invitation to later depositors until all are shipped. 

In summary:
  1. 50x Z10s are expected to arrive next week 
  2. If you had placed a deposit before mid-June, you will have the choice of selecting between sea & air shipping. Air shipping will be sent out in about a week, for sea freight, it could be up to 6 weeks.
  3. For those who ordered between mid-June to until early July, there's still a good chance at getting one of the first air-shipped Z10s
  4. If you placed a deposit between mid-July & today, & you wanted to get your Z10 in early September with air-shipping, this may be a possibility for the next batch
  5. For those who have opted for the sea-freight, the current delivery schedule is between 5-8 weeks from now
Please be advised that with the current volume of emails/calls coming our way, it's difficult to deal with them all given the hours in a day, so it might be a day more before I'm able to get back to you.

I appreciate your patience with this release, it's been an extraordinarily long development cycle, that is hoped to be worth the wait.  

Thank you & have a good evening,

Jason

• Like 1

@novazeus two days ago....

On 8/15/2018 at 6:50 AM, Jason McNeil said:

The first fifty have a confirmed ETD of the 18th, arrival by the 20th. Tariffs come into the effect on midnight of the 23rd.

It's unquestionably a difficult time to be a Seller/Distributor of this equipment in the US at the moment. I'm confident that with a bit of ingenuity & effort, we can take most of the sting out of these tariffs. The easiest remeditative step is to have the batteries removed from the Wheels before shipping. As the cells are made in Korea, the packs are >70% (by value) made in Korea, are eligible to be classified as 'Made in Korea', therefore exempt from the punitive trade action. For a Wheel like the Z10, the battery represents 50-60% of the finished article, so the resulting increase would only be 10-12%...  

uc?export=view&id=1WxQYvhQ7jnXTQo5jb0BW1

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, novazeus said:

thanks, i forgot about that post. 

are u gonna get one too?

Already ordered... kind of late on the list but I am in no rush... If he makes it available soon with the Air freight cost, I'm in... in the mean time, I am loving my ACMv2, Tesla, and MCM5... I am meeting up with @JES Sunday in Titusville... I will bet money he will put in an order on Monday, most likely for the ACM, and start saving for a MCM5... :whistling:  :D

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

Already ordered... kind of late on the list but I am in no rush... If he makes it available soon with the Air freight cost, I'm in... in the mean time, I am loving my ACMv2, Tesla, and MCM5... I am meeting up with @JES Sunday in Titusville... I will bet money he will put in an order on Monday, most likely for the ACM, and start saving for a MCM5... :whistling:  :D

yeah it’s so hot in tampa, too hot for Bob, i wasn’t in a hurry either but with the tariff thing and skechiness about the next load, even as cheap as i am, i’m gonna pony up for airfreight and that should do me for awhile euc wise.

on another subject, i wonder how many florida wheelers there are?

gotta be more than the few i see on this forum.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, novazeus said:

yeah it’s so hot in tampa, too hot for Bob, i wasn’t in a hurry either but with the tariff thing and skechiness about the next load, even as cheap as i am, i’m gonna pony up for airfreight and that should do me for awhile euc wise.

on another subject, i wonder how many florida wheelers there are?

gotta be more than the few i see on this forum.

no one near me here in Melbourne... a couple in Orlando I know, couple near you, and I think a handful down south... probably more that don't post on the forum... I ran into a couple of one-wheelers in the park a few weeks ago, still a young hobby... and yeah... it's FREAKIN HOT... most of my riding is early evening these days...

8 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

no one near me here in Melbourne... a couple in Orlando I know, couple near you, and I think a handful down south... probably more that don't post on the forum... I ran into a couple of one-wheelers in the park a few weeks ago, still a young hobby... and yeah... it's FREAKIN HOT... most of my riding is early evening these days...

melbourne is better than tampa. we’re getting double whacked with red tide. 

in 2014 i spent july thru sept in jax beach for my radiation treatments and it was nice weather over there.

it is gagging hot here. i showed the property tuesday and felt like i was having heatstroke just jaw boning with my prospects.

it would be interesting to see a geographic breakdown of forum members.

25 minutes ago, Noah Thacker said:

I put down a preorder deposit on May 12 and have received absolutely no information about any updates.  How many emails have you guys received?  How early of a preorder is required for the first 50?

Email eWheels. I have been getting one email every 3 weeks since July. 

2 minutes ago, Ather said:

Email eWheels. I have been getting one email every 3 weeks since July. 

I did recently email them after wondering what was going on with not receiving any updates.  My email was in reply to another email exchange.  Here is their reply and everything that came with before it:

Hi Noah, there's a lot of uncertainty at the moment on the Z10, both relating to the production schedules & the new 25% tariffs that are coming into effect on the 23rd. We've got another 100 on order with Ninebot, expecting an update in the next few weeks. Have you been able to put a deposit in for these yet? 

The 840Wh expansion pack for the KS18S is back in stock, the price is $580 including the shipping.

Hope this helps,

Jason

On 15 August 2018 at 21:15, Noah Thacker <noahzthacker@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey, any word on ordering a Ninebot Z10?  The last update on the website implied I should have been able to use my preorder by now.

Also, what is the status on getting the additional battery for the King Song 18S?

On Jun 1, 2018, at 11:47 AM, eWheel Sales <sales@ewheels.com> wrote:

Will do, thanks again.

On 1 June 2018 at 12:45, Noah Thacker <noahzthacker@gmail.com> wrote:
Okay.  Could you let me know when you get the 18S batteries in?

On Jun 1, 2018, at 11:23 AM, eWheel Sales <sales@ewheels.com> wrote:

Excellent! We've got a batch of the 18S batteries on order, but it might be 5-6 weeks before they arrive.

On 1 June 2018 at 12:22, Noah Thacker <noahzthacker@gmail.com> wrote:
Yeah, I’ll take the blue ACMv2.  

Just keep my $200 deposit for the preorder.  I’m looking to get a Ninebot Z10.

Any word on when the additional battery for the KS18S might be available again?

On Jun 1, 2018, at 11:18 AM, eWheel Sales <sales@ewheels.com> wrote:

Hello Noah, 

Thanks for putting in another order with us. A couple quick questions: 1) we just received a new batch of a cool blue painted Special Edition ACMv2, would you like this one instead? 2) Shall we apply the $200 deposit towards this order?

Look forward to hearing from you,

Jason

<image.png>

On 1 June 2018 at 10:16, Noah Thacker <noahzthacker@gmail.com> wrote:
I put down $200 for a preorder for the new EUC’s coming out, but that was before I set up an account with your website.  How do I get notified when I can make the actual order?  Can I get the order # 7043 associated with my account?  

Also, when do you think the additional 840Wh battery for the King Song KS18S will be available again?

Thanks.

-Noah Thacker
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, novazeus said:

melbourne is better than tampa. we’re getting double whacked with red tide. 

in 2014 i spent july thru sept in jax beach for my radiation treatments and it was nice weather over there.

it is gagging hot here. i showed the property tuesday and felt like i was having heatstroke just jaw boning with my prospects.

it would be interesting to see a geographic breakdown of forum members.

This world map is pretty interesting, but there must be many people not listed.  https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/9369-world-map-of-euc-riders/?tab=comments#comment-184500.  This is the link to the thread, below is the link to the map.

Here is the direct link.  https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1rj0BJqr1wpilPUmFC4blqlmAihI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;ll=17.085747915662058%2C26.13422055000001&amp;z=2

Edited by steve454

I didn't think much of it then, but I just noticed that Jason didn't answer a single one of my original questions at the beginning of that email exchange.  He never told me how I would be notified to make the actual order.  Never said if my order I made before I set up an account on the website could be associated with the account I had just set up.  It wasn't till I asked again about KS18S battery that I got an answer and even then he claimed he would let me know when they got them in, which never happened.  I had to ask yet again about the KS18S battery to be told that, yeah, they have them in now. 

Instead he replies to my questions with questions about an order I had just made for an ACMv2, which I guess is nice that I got a blue one, but that wasn't at all the topic of my email.

I assumed I was clear enough when I said "Just keep my $200 deposit for the preorder.  I’m looking to get a Ninebot Z10.", and he said "Excellent!" that I didn't need to worry about anything even though a couple of my questions never got answered.  I'm thinking now that the "Excellent!" was in reply to me saying I'd take the blue ACMv2 and Jason just ignored what I said about my $200 deposit towards the Z10 like he ignored every question in my original email.  Though, it's not like the $200 got put towards the ACMv2.  They have had my $200 deposit since May 12.

Edited by Noah Thacker

oh no.  jason and i exchanged dozens (not an exaggeration) about all sorts of topics when i was thinking about getting into EUC last december.  and i ended up buying an s1 off amazon! 

alas his prophecy came true and i ended up buying a kingsong 18s thirty days later.

hands down jason does an excellent job dealing a product that is anything but routine.  

and to think i was about to email him about selling my 18s and getting the 100v monster!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Looking at that message thread I don't feel like I was ignoring you, there was a question about crediting the deposit for the other order. I'm sorry you weren't included in the other updates. Found the reason, the system for generating who gets the notifications is governed by the SKUs; with your purchase, the deposit was added as a second purchase item & therefore didn't get included in that update list, since corrected.

I will be posting a Help Wanted ad on the forum over the weekend. Anyone who is crazy interested in working this field in the US, feel free to drop me an email to jason@ewheels.com. Looking for someone who is organized, disciplined, can churn out quality responses by the bucket load, some technical background is desirable, must have passionate intensity about Wheeling... 

Also wanted to send out an apology for anyone who has had trouble getting a response lately; this week has seen two product line recalls —Dualtron Scooter controllers where the throttles go full steam when powered on, in addition to the V10F battery fiasco)—tariffs, & worker troubles, sort of a annus horribilis week; will persevere & bounce back from these setbacks ;) 

I know how to fix that scooter issue. I wrote about it in the Dualtron Forum. Also, I would not mind being an email robot for you. I know customer service can be hectic and companies can be hurt by the response time. Some issues, if minor, can be easily resolved.

Just a side note. Some guy at the Dualtron factory must have just forgot to add glue to the controller... I added a dot of glue and it's been fine so far.
Update: Wanted to add a link to my throttle acceleration issue.

Edited by Esper
  • Like 3