THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 5/15/2020 at 8:29 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

OMG the overlay is a total pain in the ass. I dont use my gopro telemetry (it records some) as I find it WAY inaccurate. I pull my stats off EUCW (seba rocks!) and then import it into race render via csv. EUCW collects TONS of stuff and I can make dials for any of it. Then I export that as a video with green (purple actually) screen. I try to get the telemetry done while gopro exporter is doing its slow thing. Then I lay the entire hud/euc track down in the editor. THEN I import the gopro video. The telemetry goes for as long as eucw is recording, so its always longer than the camera video as I stop/start the camera a lot. Matching up the speeds with the video is a total pain, so i do it BEFORE I edit and cut video even further. Doing it in this order makes it easier, as I can cut the hud and vid track in same places. Adding hud is pretty much having to do the movie twice.

Just looking at it I figured it was a handful...and all the work to match the telemetry to the footage...it's a nice touch, but I think I'm way too lazy to add more stuff to my editing workflow... :whistling:

Im on a pc desktop, and i dont think 'relive' works on my platform.

It's available for iOS too (I think I recall reading in some thread or other that you have an old iPad laying around, right?). And you can connect it to EUC World to import your tours ;)

You have no idea how I agonize over cutting ranting or not. I always seem such an asshole and say such wrong things. I am quite shocked Im not getting death threats and hate mail. I guess some people aren't as sensitive as I assume. I have this vid in another cut (w/o the church and gear comment) and had to flip a coin to decide. It does worry me, as I dont intend to piss people off, I just like to bitch and bitch.

You might internally feel like an asshole, but you don't come through as one. More as the cynical type but in a funny, laid-back, self-deprecating humor, don't take yourself too seriously type of way, aka the type of person I'd definitely enjoy hanging out with 

About sensitivity...Maybe other forum members have just been holding back ;)

@Rehab1 "I love your free spirit, no-holds-barred attitude.  :cheers:  "

aka "my god knows my intent" :D

We only live once (at least THIS body does) and some never 'live' at all. I already know that if I died today, I've managed to live a full lifetime. My wife agrees, so i call MY life a win, especially because of the losses too. Some of lifes greatest adventures to tell, are started by mistake and random errors.  Even a 'bad' event is still an adventure.

I'll toast to that! :cheers:

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 2:37 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

@ShanesPlanetI got my wheel with 100miles on it fw 2.0.   Eucw and DB would not allow me to set the speed above 27mph. 

My 18L has just under 100 miles on it and still cannot change from 27 miles per hour max speed. Not sure what the max speed is supposed to be but I read 31mph in your post. It'll allow me to set 31mph at some point? 

• Like 1

200km or 125miles I think. At least it was like that on both mine. 50kmh top speed (31.25mph) inflated.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

4 hours ago, Tiggerlen said:

This is Bridal Veil Falls, hope you guys enjoy!  If so please subscribe to show your support.  <3

Love to see someone still enjoying the ACM. My 1300wh copy has a flat that I need to fix. Meanwhile I've been riding my Blue ACM2 a fair amount his week.

Great trail. I thought it was in Utah (your Signature) but now realize it's Colorado. I need to get up there for some riding.

Keep riding those beeps :thumbup:

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I thought it was in Utah (your Signature) but now realize it's Colorado.

Its is Utah actually. Bridal Veil falls and the Provo river trail. I did this ride a last year on my first epic ride with my 18xl https://youtu.be/kqq7rgP-zcM

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Maseo54 said:

Everybody was making fun of how I left the old man behind, showing him the EUC...the man was wearing surgical gloves while driving!! I'm not trying to be the first victim murdered on a electric unicycle! 

Guessing they’re COVID gloves,  rather than murder gloves.

5 hours ago, Maseo54 said:

Everybody was making fun of how I left the old man behind, showing him the EUC...the man was wearing surgical gloves while driving!! I'm not trying to be the first victim murdered on a electric unicycle! 

Hilarious.

Nicely done :cheers:

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This is my Minimal gear, not my all inclusive gear. For me, I don't put on elbow pads when I take a trip to the grocery store. When I go on a 40-mile adventure ride, I wear elbow pads, a better helmet, body armor, etc.

Some people wear nothing. I'm trying to encourage a minimal set of gear to consider wearing for every ride.

So, in order of importance and for different levels of protection (stop adding when you have enough gear on)...

Minimal Kit (short local trips)...

1. Wrist Guards
  2. Helmet (not full-face)
  3. Knee Pads
  4. Elbow Pads

Long Ride Convenience Kit (cruising)...

1. Wrist Guards
  3. Motorcycle Jacket
  4. Motorcycle Trousers

Maximum Protection Kit (fast rides)...

1. Wrist Guards
  2. Helmet (full-face)
  3. Body Armour (Top)
  4. Body Armour (Trousers) 
  5. Boots
  6. Gloves

Is this about right?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nic said:

So, in order of importance and for different levels of protection (stop adding when you have enough gear on)...

1. Wrist Guards
  3. Knee Pads
  4. Elbow Pads

1. Wrist Guards
  3. Motorcycle Jacket
  4. Motorcycle Trousers

1. Wrist Guards
  2. Helmet (full-face)
  3. Body Armour (Top)
  5. Boots
  6. Gloves

Is this about right?

There is no right answer.  Accidents happen any time, and any place, it's up to you.

• Like 2

Something wrong with the theory. (Do as I say, not as I do?) Wear what ya want! I think varying levels of nakedness makes equal amounts of sense here. 

Slow rides- Thong

Medium Speed rides (short distance)- Shorts.... no Thong...... No Helmet

Medium Speed rides (long distance)- Shorts, Thong, and Half Helmet

Long Fast Rides- Naked, Full Faced Helmet

To bad we can't predict exactly when something goes wrong. We'd never get injured!!!!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Nic said:

1. Wrist Guards
  3. Knee Pads
  4. Elbow Pads

1. Wrist Guards
  3. Motorcycle Jacket
  4. Motorcycle Trousers

1. Wrist Guards
  2. Helmet (full-face)
  3. Body Armour (Top)
  5. Boots
  6. Gloves

Is this about right?

More or less. My list will be different from yours, John's, Nevin's, etc.

Clearly we disagree on the Minimal Kit, but something is always better than nothing :)

7 hours ago, HuskerDawg said:

Something wrong with the theory. (Do as I say, not as I do?) Wear what ya want! I think varying levels of nakedness makes equal amounts of sense here. 

Slow rides- Thong

Medium Speed rides (short distance)- Shorts.... no Thong...... No Helmet

Medium Speed rides (long distance)- Shorts, Thong, and Half Helmet

Long Fast Rides- Naked, Full Faced Helmet

To bad we can't predict exactly when something goes wrong. We'd never get injured!!!!

:laughbounce2::roflmao:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maseo54 said:

Daily Post Office Trip. Always running into people I know and people asking questions!  testing out Stats using my polar fitness watch, insta360 one x, and RaceRender software. Riding gotway Msx 100v.

Seeing the astonishment on peoples faces, never gets old. Young, old, redneck, city folk, doesnt matter, everyone seems curious.  Nice view, great work on the overlay. A little off on the timing, but really clean look. Thanks for sharing it.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Let the eternal firmware wanking begin...

Lets face it Mike, Monica is a better rider than you (that beach section, if you can call that a beach :lol:).

So, I upgraded my 16X to 2.02 a few days ago but have not yet ridden it. I can't discern from your commentary at the beginning whether it's good, bad, ????   Can you elaborate a little as to why you went back to 1.05

Edited by Marty Backe

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Lets face it Mike, Monica is a better rider than you (that beach section, if you can call that a beach :lol:).

Haha one of the best beaches on Stockholm lmao!
And yes.. she totally destroyed me.

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

So, I upgraded my 16X to 2.02 a few days ago but have not yet ridden it. I can't discern from your commentary at the beginning whether it's good, bad, ????   Can you elaborate a little as to why you went back to 1.05

Yeah... in the end I made the classic mistake. I changed to a new firmware and it did not feel enough like the old one.
THESE NEW SHOES DON'T FEEL LIKE MY OLD ONES!!! Damn you Hugo Boss!
So I tried FW 2.02 for 2 days.. then 1.05 for 2 days.. then FW 2.02 again today.

Today I did 64km and had 30% battery left.
I set my alarm to 45 kmh and tried to hit 45 kmh every chance I got.

So the beginning of the ride looked like this:

image.png.9a3b9b805dfbf243ae919ae2d26bfc32.png

2.02 feels very solid and stable. I never got 4 beeps no matter how hard I pushed it.
It is a very refined and steady firmware and I felt very safe on it.
I eventually got voltage beeps at around 30% battery / 70V doing 38 kmh.

1.05 is sketchy as hell compared to FW 2.02.
I feel very constrained on it. I checked my notes from before and this was the same reason I changed to FW 1.07 for 4500km after upgrading from 1.05.

1.05 is awesome at climbing though. I tried a climb today.. steeper than i've ever tried. Failed horribly and left it at that.
Then I enjoyed the rest of my awesome cruise carving freely and pushing and playing as much as I wanted and the wheel limited me accordingly.

image.png.1f4d387e96cffae706cbbceb2f663bec.png

But of course my average was 20 kmh. The magic number!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Seeing the astonishment on peoples faces, never gets old. Young, old, redneck, city folk, doesnt matter, everyone seems curious.  Nice view, great work on the overlay. A little off on the timing, but really clean look. Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks,

trying to match both the starting points  from the vid and  gpx files can be a pain...have to see how to get the map view for the stats so i can match the vid to a certain reference area.

• Like 1