THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

27 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

My riding days are not looking favorable these days. I have never ridden my wheels so cautiously. I can't risk it anymore. Oh well. I was able to get some footage with no crashes.

Awesome clip and great song! What a nice feeling of freedom and peace I got from watching that.

• Like 1

I've been learning to use DaVinci Resolve-free version to color correct some of my videos. I took an old Eken H9 video and used daVinci Resolve to color grade and white balance the video.

This color grade result was obtained by using a Youtube tutorial and following the steps (from 3:13 to 6:31) in this video and uses about 4 steps total.

https://youtu.be/BBvEOIozAJk

LUTs (look up tables) were not used in this daVince Resolve color grade attempt, just the 4 steps from the tutorial. The sky color with the inexpensive Eken H9 now looks more blue and less turquoise (3:16, 3:50) and the shadows (1:43 - Monster shin pads) have more detail following the color grade.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Very nicely done.

2 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Awesome clip and great song! What a nice feeling of freedom and peace I got from watching that.

Thanks guys! 

7 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

I've been learning to use DaVinci Resolve-free version to color correct some of my videos. I took an old Eken H9 video and used daVinci Resolve to color grade and white balance the video.

This color grade result was obtained by using a Youtube tutorial and following the steps (from 3:13 to 6:31) in this video and uses about 4 steps total.

https://youtu.be/BBvEOIozAJk

LUTs (look up tables) were not used in this daVince Resolve color grade attempt, just the 4 steps from the tutorial. The sky color with the inexpensive Eken H9 now looks more blue and less turquoise (3:16, 3:50) and the shadows (1:43 - Monster shin pads) have more detail following the color grade.

Nice job, mate. I'd crunch the blacks a bit more and maybe bring in some more vibrancy or add a bit of a hue to give a good mood of that ride . Also, for color editing, you're going to want to start off with the flattest profile you can get. Basically, everything needs to get as grey and low contrast as you can. Turn down the sharpness, turn down the contrast, And of that image enhancement stuff, turn it all down. You want it to look washed out. Then you take it into Davinci and bring back in that contrast. Push the lights and darks, add some color in and bring in saturation where you want it. It basically gives you a much better canvas to work with because you have enough information of both the light and dark that you might miss out on on a darker image like your source. Essentially, giving you more dynamic range in post. Some cameras with dope sensors can grab an insane dynamic range and give you so much to work with, but most action cameras arent like that, haha. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, seage said:

Basically, everything needs to get as grey and low contrast as you can. 

I have a YI-4K (photo and video) which has the option of using 'YI-flat (left photo) vs YI-color (right photo)' where the flat mode is toned down a bit towards grey specifically for post processing. 

Yi-4K flat  vs YI-4K color

The exif data is almost identical for each except the compressed bits per pixel which are only 3% different.

I've read about raw format , offered in other cameras , moreso resembling your description, but haven't had the opportunity to use it.

16 hours ago, seage said:

for color editing, you're going to want to start off with the flattest profile you can get.

It turns out that the YI-4K camera can take RAW format pictures (but not video) , which it stores in DNG format (digital negative image format).

Here is a short video of a YI-4K DNG image which was brought into DaVince Resolve and color graded as described previously.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, EUC GUY said:

Im not sure if anyone here follow, but anyway.. here is a video from the project im working on. 

Awesome talent as always. :thumbup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Went for a ride to the skate park again today.
Played around with the Ninebot and also tested the limits of the angles when hitting sideways inclines.

Your having fun on your semi retirement sabbatical Mike! Top of the world!  I miss my NB E+. I gave it to my grandson. Just hope he’s keeping it charged? 

46417226955_2b39d515d0_b.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Your having fun on your semi retirement sabbatical Mike! Top of the world!  I miss my NB E+. I gave it to my grandson. Just hope he’s keeping it charged? 

Thanks!
It's such a great wheel! Very stable at 27km/h and a blast to ride. Easy to carve and good power. Crazy for such an old model.

11 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Very stable at 27km/h and a blast to ride. Easy to carve and good power. Crazy for such an old model.

Agreed, but don't give 200lbs plus guys bad ideas with 27km/h... ;)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

This was a helluva loop on the KS18XL today! Wheelog said battery was 1% afterwards My wheel had 2 LEDs showing however, so I may have been able to squeeze a few more miles out of it. I also started Relive about a mile into the journey. . 3,250 ft or so of climbing, and a lot of dirt trails, around 50 miles total. It was an epic ride for sure! I am beat!

https://www.relive.cc/view/rt10003925096

OK, this is something I want to do with you. Looks like a fantastic loop. So it is true that you are available to ride every 10th weekend ;)

And you were going to buy an "L"! What the hell were you thinking? :lol:

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

OK, this is something I want to do with you. Looks like a fantastic loop. So it is true that you are available to ride every 10th weekend ;)

And you were going to buy an "L"! What the hell were you thinking? :lol:

Yeah, I had no intention of doing that loop, as I was just exploring past the Balboa Park area. Thought I might touch some dirt, then double back, but the further I went, I thought, I might as well just try to go down through Will Rogers, and all the way back through Beverly Hills and Hollywood. Might as well test the range with a serious and exploratory ride. I honestly thought I was going to have to Uber at some point, but once I was off the dirt trails, battery lasted pretty well. The amount of ridable trails in there was pretty awesome. I did have to walk in many sections though that were a bit too hairy... awesome adventure though for sure. I almost tried sending a text to see if you were up for a ride, but I figured I was too spontaneous to get anyone to join in...But yes, some weekends I get off. 😎 

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 3